Perceptions of "unattractive" people | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Perceptions of "unattractive" people

This thread can use a song.

And another song. For all the "unattractive" people. May you find your worth through something, someone, a higher power, or even your own self. <3

Am I doin' this right :thonking:

Reactions: flower and John K
When I started this thread, not sure I had a good, sound idea of what "unattractive" meant. It's really a subjective word. I don't think any disagrees with the point that people should be treated with respect regardless of someone's interest level. However, but it's also typical for people to treat those they like or find attractive better. That person will get more attention and consideration. It makes sense. And as many have said earlier, some people will be treated better, although we like to think that's not the case and chalk up this fact to insecurity. You don't have to be insecure to notice that others are sometimes treated better because of their beauty. Not really something to dispute. I guess, where my logic fell through is in not fully accepting that I shouldn't expect any or many certain kinds of recognition or treatment because someone may not find me, or someone else, noticeable enough or attractive. It's sometimes hard to reconcile that people are not always going to treat you the way you want to be treated. Can't make them either. And why want attention from someone who doesn't want to give it?

And why want attention from someone who doesn't want to give it?

Yup.
And also we all want things we can't have. Brains be dumb like that.

I guess, where my logic fell through is in not fully accepting that I shouldn't expect any or many certain kinds of recognition or treatment because someone may not find me, or someone else, noticeable enough or attractive.

At a certain point, I realized I felt the happiest when I expected things of myself, but expected as little as possible of anyone else. After all, why introduce the possibility of being disappointed by someone or something that I was not in control of? I find more joy, and deeper relationships, when I simply choose to accept people where they are, as they are, and remember they owe me nothing.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Gaze and flower