How much sleep do you need? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How much sleep do you need?

5-7 during the week, 7-12 on the weekends. Ideally 8, any more or less I get really tired throughout the day.

Now excuse me it's nap time between classes

I need a minimum of 8 hours, prefer 9-10, but I have a sleeping disorder.

4 hours at least but I have been known to function for a few days on 0 hours of sleep lol

Isn't the extreme diversity of sleep patterns recited on this thread interesting? People clearly have different needs.

As I've gotten older, I need less and less sleep. I'm down to less than six hours per night, and I'm fine. Go to sleep at 11:00 PM or later and wake up at 4:30 or 5:00 AM.

I had six last night and im starting to nod off

Does everyone wake up, feeling like they had slept?

A couple of times now, I am in bed and I open my eyes. When I look at the clock, an hour and a half had already gone by. When I become relaxed, I get 'memories' of a dream I just had.. makes me realise I did fall asleep and I did have a dream. But I never feel like I had slept.

Waking up to me is like blinking your eyes open while wide awake. Close them and you might be gone for 4 hours till you open them again. It's a very long "blink"

5-6 hours on weekdays or 3-4 hours for 2 days in one week and 5-6 hours for the other days of the week and 6-8 on weekends .... when I sleep more than ten hours, I feel sick and dizzy... or I felt that I wasted time ahahahhahaha

I sleep for 7-8 hours. This is perfect for me. I get recharged after it. By the way i have bad habit of sleeping. Can sleep for 10-12 hour. :D

8 hours is optimum for me, and +1 hour after it when I'm awake, but I like not to communicate with anyone, just to do my morning schedule in silence.

I can pull an all nighter, and I frequently did during first years of faculty but nowadays I'm just not up to that any more. I feel like I need slow recovering from an all nighter for a week after it.

Does everyone wake up, feeling like they had slept?

A couple of times now, I am in bed and I open my eyes. When I look at the clock, an hour and a half had already gone by. When I become relaxed, I get 'memories' of a dream I just had.. makes me realise I did fall asleep and I did have a dream. But I never feel like I had slept.

Waking up to me is like blinking your eyes open while wide awake. Close them and you might be gone for 4 hours till you open them again. It's a very long "blink"

I rarely feel like I had a good sleep, I usually feel extremely tired and slow when I wake up off of 8 hours of sleep. I had a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea but that wasn't my case.

I do find that I feel better in the mornings when I am more healthy overall.

I have to have 8 hours a night. I can do a bit less, and if I'm really going crazy I can do 3-5 hours a night for at max four days. But then I get severe migraines. So I try not to do that.

I have to have 8 hours a night. I can do a bit less, and if I'm really going crazy I can do 3-5 hours a night for at max four days. But then I get severe migraines. So I try not to do that.

Ah, migraines, I have them too, especially related to disturbed sleep pattern.

8 hours is perfect for me. I usually sleep 7 hours on weekdays and compensate with 9 hours on weekends, which is not ideal.

Life is bliss when I can get 8 hours of sleep a night. When this carries on for a while, on weekends, I make myself gt up after 8 hours, though its not all that difficult. I have survived a 48 hour period with only 1.5 hours of sleep, but don't really enjoy it. Typically, I get 6-7 hours on school nights, and 9 on weekends.

Nothing is better than getting up at 7 on a saturday. :)

I rarely feel like I had a good sleep, I usually feel extremely tired and slow when I wake up off of 8 hours of sleep. I had a sleep study done to check for sleep apnea but that wasn't my case.

I do find that I feel better in the mornings when I am more healthy overall.

I have to agree I rarely feel truly rested anymore. I blame my weight and some on and off depression.

I love sleeping. If I could get 9 hours of sleep every night it would be amazing. I average somewhere around 3-5 though. I have so much stuff that I have to get done, and there's never enough time in the day. I'm enrolled in school during the day, volunteer at the refugee center in the evenings, and work overnight.

I usually get a decent night's sleep Monday and Tuesday night, then I'm pretty much awake from Wednesday until Friday. Sleep all day Friday, and then not get a full night's sleep until Monday again.

I've become an expert at napping. In fact, I'm hoping to get a degree in it.

I generally wake up 10am, stay awake until around 6-8pm the next day, then sleep for 16-18 hours. Sometimes I only sleep for 8-14 if I drank the night before or I need to wake up for something.

I need 8.5-9.5 hours. I usually only wind up getting 6.5-7.5. I can survive on 7.5 for about 4 days but it begins to wear on me after that.

Last edited: