How big are you | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How big are you

I don't think I'm more or less important than anyone else, except for those who do really great things.

I do have quaint 'day dreams' but those would revolve around me because I'm the person living my life ^^"

I'm a paradox in that regard; I have both a superiority and inferiority complex. I set my personal standards rather high and do not forgive my faults easily. Meanwhile, I'll excuse almost everyone else for being human. And then I'll have my moments where I feel that I am absolutely worthless compared to everyone else, despite knowing that my own standards are beyond anything that a person could sanely achieve.

It's... complicated, really.

P.S: When I read the topic-title, I was totally expecting something... else. o_O

So do INFJs suffer from (or enjoy) delusions of (or wants of) Grandeur?

I don't know if this is a delusion of grandeur: I sometimes "gild" reality, considering mundane things to be of far more significance and value than they are. Perhaps this is escapism?

Anyhow, in thinking of my surroundings as more significant I may be in some way thinking of myself as being more significant?

If this is a delusion of grandeur I have it.

I don't think I'm more or less important than anyone else, except for those who do really great things.

I do have quaint 'day dreams' but those would revolve around me because I'm the person living my life ^^"

lol, Same.
In actuality, I definitely DO NOT have a superiority complex. But...in "dreams" I'm definitely the center of at least one persons world...:m097:

Just like most INFJs, I have an inferiority complex. :m069:

I always take "how big are you" in the wrong context, no matter how many times I read this, my head is always screaming "32 FEET!"

I always take "how big are you" in the wrong context, no matter how many times I read this, my head is always screaming "32 FEET!"

I thought of inches. LOL

I don't have a superiority complex, but I do believe that I am capable of many things (I believe everyone is capable of many things, though).

As for illusions of grandeur...yes, yes I do. I indulge a little there :D

I'm a paradox in that regard; I have both a superiority and inferiority complex. I set my personal standards rather high and do not forgive my faults easily. Meanwhile, I'll excuse almost everyone else for being human. And then I'll have my moments where I feel that I am absolutely worthless compared to everyone else, despite knowing that my own standards are beyond anything that a person could sanely achieve.

It's... complicated, really.

P.S: When I read the topic-title, I was totally expecting something... else. o_O

I'm very similiar I go through periods of thinking Im better than I am then Im worse than I am. Its hard to even out the highs and lows but its getting better.

And my standards for myself can be a bit ridiculous

I come off as egocentric and arrogant because I am just hiding my soft gooey core :p

Big in Japan

I do however, ironically, suffer from delusions of efficacy.
Yes, this may sum things up better. I suppose I am lucky because I am highly effective in some significant areas...not that it's gotten me anywhere because deep down I know I am still an idiot!!!

I am (1*0.5)(3*6)-0.95

But on a serious note I feel as I have both the inferiority and superiority complex's going on at the same time! I think this does make me look indecisive at times, but I've coped by only entering into situations in which I'm superior, or by practicing/learning/encompassing whatever is needed to be superior in a certain subject or scenario..

It is quite a paradox at times.. LOL

edit: I'd like to include I don't act like an asshole about it either. I just have this 'need' of sorts to try and master everything.

Last edited:
I feel that I'm in the minority by saying this but...
Often times I think highly of myself, maybe even too much.

Maybe it goes back to being in the band and a competitive improv group I was in and I had to grow a thick skin quick, but I often find myself observing people do things and think, I could do that better in so many ways. So yeah, I can be pretty arrogant on the inside, but I make sure not to express it to people in person.

This forum however has been humbling because I find people that truly are better than me at writing, music, debate, logic, and a million other things. This place does a good job at deflating my sometimes too big head/ego. I've learned to be conscious of being super prideful and if I catch myself doing it, I try and stifle the thoughts.

But to be clear! It's not that I see myself as better than other people or that other people aren't worthy of me or anything like that. I have the utmost respect for almost everyone I meet and am awed by what they can achieve...just I have that thought in the back of my head that with the right training I could do it too.

I think I lean towards the inferiority complex side of the spectrum.

It doesn't help that I obsess over comparing myself to others...my older sisters are overachievers, so that doesn't help at all.

If you can spare an hour or two, and would like to here "the list" of all their wonderful accomplishments, you can PM me.

I think I lean towards the inferiority complex side of the spectrum.

It doesn't help that I obsess over comparing myself to others...my older sisters are overachievers, so that doesn't help at all.

If you can spare an hour or two, and would like to here "the list" of all their wonderful accomplishments, you can PM me.
How about a three hour list of your accomplishments. That'd be much more interesting (and don't say you couldn't think of them because I know you can)