Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter?

Do you believe in God?

• I believe in religion and god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion but I do believe in god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion or god

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • If there was a god smiffy wouldnt spell this bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are extremists in regard to everything.

Of course, but you should be careful of comparing groups like atheists and zealots. Some atheists are zealots themselves; it is therefore inaccurate to say that "atheists are just as fascist as (religious) zealots", because that is equating the whole of one side with the extremes of the other.

Hello all! I was just wondering whats everyones opinions on basically religion and faith in God.

Organized religion tends to be terrible because people are, on the whole, moronic. I don't like organized religion; people ought to think for themselves. Going to church once or three times a week and reading the Bible or whatever doesn't make you a better person. Being a better person makes you a better person. I don't know why most people do not understand that.

Faith in God or divinity is a personal matter that receives far too much emphasis and divides people unnecessarily. I don't think it matters whether someone believes in God or not; they are still responsible for their actions.

What do I believe? I'm unaffiliated and do not have a label. I don't care either. I keep my beliefs to myself.

Of course, but you should be careful of comparing groups like atheists and zealots. Some atheists are zealots themselves; it is therefore inaccurate to say that "atheists are just as fascist as (religious) zealots", because that is equating the whole of one side with the extremes of the other.
Okay, I'll admit that was bad phrasing on my part; I was simply trying to say that atheists as a whole are equally as egotistical and blind-sighted about expressing their believes as religious people are.

Which we seem to agree on.

Is it a sign of personal growth in that I feel no need to touch these anymore?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Maybe. If you've transcended the need to be right.

Unless you're just apathetic at this point and tired of repeating yourself?

I was raised Jewish, but I'm atheist now. I don't force it on anyone though, not that I know of anyway. No one has ever complained.

My rabbi is a pedophile. He was on Dateline, you might have seen him.

My aunt's rabbi hired a hitman to kill his wife.

Kind of turned me off the whole religion thing.

I don't believe in God, but I do have a spiritual belief. I'm Buddhist, but despite popular opinion we don't actually praise anyone, it's just more of a way of living and how to treat other things, really.

Anyway, the church and general Christianity grates with me. I don't mean to offend people at all! People have the right to chose what they believe in, but I just find it very contradictory, racist, sexist and just generally unappealing. I was taught in church schools, so I do know what the bible says etc, just before I offend anyone >_< I don't mean to if I have.

god, tell me about atheism being a religion... People in our French ultra-secular society are exactly like that, and have been so for a long time (since the revolution). It's part of our history, just like any religion is. People are people whatever they believe in, therefore often narrow-minded, short-sighted and intolerant.

I'm personally (very) spiritual but not religious, like many INFJs. My problem is that I will never be able to have a definitive belief in anything (I found your quote interesting and very infj-esque, words of irony :
To believe you know the "truth" is simply arrogance.
)

introverted intuition doesn't go well with set beliefs now does it...

I would like to believe in something because it would make my life easier but I simply can't. It would be lying to myself.

God, yes. Religion, no. And there is a difference: Religion can be very group-centered and the rules of religion change depending on who/what denomination is in charge. God, if you believe in Him, does not change. Religion changes.

Now if you decide to ask me to elaborate I might not, because I'm not looking for debate on whys and wherefores. But I'll answer honest questions. If I put a title on my beliefs (if I believed in titles) "Feminist Emergent Charismatic Calvinist" might be close.

Last edited:
I have to believe in God. I can actually feel God. I don't know what God is, whether it is just some form of human intuition or a greater power, but there is a part of me which, when I listen, provides clarity and wisdom beyond which I can achieve on my own and which shelters me from the most unbearable pains and provides direction in my life.

Religion, not so much.

Reactions: just me
I believe in something, yeah. I kind of have the belief that all religions have essentially the same deity in different forms and fragments and avatars of the main. But I'm not going to go into detail right now.

As for organized religion...well, that's not for me, although I don't condemn it anymore than I condemn political parties or any other large scale, interest-based organization. It works for some people, and some people can get a lot out of it. Others can really misuse it, and others still can get too into it in all the wrong ways. But, as a whole, it's been both good and bad over the course of history, and at many points it was a sort of societal leader, and I don't condemn it.

I have to believe in God. I can actually feel God. I don't know what God is, whether it is just some form of human intuition or a greater power, but there is a part of me which, when I listen, provides clarity and wisdom beyond which I can achieve on my own and which shelters me from the most unbearable pains and provides direction in my life.

Religion, not so much.

I feel much the same though I don't feel that I must believe in god. There is always a part of me that has guided me well that feels like a strong intuition that looks out for me. I haven't decided though yet whether I'm going to call this god or something spiritual.

My mum has the same sort of intuition which she strongly calls god, so I wonder whether one day I will reach that place of definition and finalisation within myself.

All I know is, it has saved my life a couple of times and kept me going strong.

I was fairly religious as a child, then life happened and I grew up. Now I'm an atheist. Although I do admit its not possible to know the truth.

Religion, not so much.

Religion is a creation of man, and therefore cannot change the nature of God.

My faith is in God, not man.

My mother was raised Catholic and tries to help my little bro and I have some sort of connection with God. She put him in parochial schooling in Kindergarten, and pulled me away from my elementary school before grade five to put me in the same school. The whole church and school concept was pretty alien to me--praying before lunchtime, going to confession in the Lenten season, having a religion class as part of the mass every Sunday. I made a couple of friends, but the whole experience actually formed the opinion in my head of making the Catholic faith well, part of curriculum. I grudgingly went to mass every Sunday with my mother. Went through the motions listlessly. And later on, I stopped receiving communion, as I felt that if I was really going to consume what was supposedly part of Jesus, I needed to actually WANT to. Not to do it just because "it's a part of mass and it's what you do". Everything was so...methodical to me, and none of it was relevant.
That was around three years ago. Since June, I've stopped attending Catholic masses. Instead I've started to go to services at a nondenominational church. At this church, it's much more relaxed and casual. I actually pay attention and listen to the service. It's no longer a "how much longer til this deal is over?" mentality.

Well, if it was too long and you didn't read, then here it is in short. I believe in God. I respect other people's religions/philosophy/way of life/whatever; who am I to say that their Gods don't exist? And how am I certain that they do not?

I'm a Christian, though my beliefs don't really line up with any specific branch, denomination, or movement. There are always at least several things I cannot agree with on any particular one. My beliefs are biblically based, taking all scripture/original language/historical/cultural/archaelogical information into context, to my best ability, but are not dependent on any pre-established doctrine; I'm very anti-dogmatic, and I am not of the opinion that scripture is [or has to be] entirely literally historical or entirely symbolic/allegorical (whichever of the two any particular part of it most likely is depends on the other factors I mentioned before). I am also not a member of any organized church, though I do go to one occasionally with a friend, but I'm not sure what kind it is.

The only statement of faith I adhere to that is not found in any biblical text is the Nicene Creed of 381 (which is really more of just a simple summary of some very basic things), which is as follows:

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (

Last edited:
Yes, I'm religious and I believe in God; I'm a hardcore Mormon. However, I do like the ethics of other religions. I'm very open minded to religion, I like to read about all of them.

As stated by others in this thread, I believe in god not religion. Religion is simply mans interpretation of God.

Doesn't mean that you can't extract anything usefull from various religions, you most certainly can, but it's not the law...

I dislike religion in general .I don't see it's point ,really.
I do believe there is a God ,however .

I dislike religion in general .I don't see it's point ,really.
I do believe there is a God ,however .

Region keeps you happy and content and often in the dark.

For me that didn't work. I'm now agnostic and frankly I don't care weather god exists or not. I don't need some force to make me be who I am or to live by a moral code. Frankly I don't think god exits. I see no point.

I'm a very spiritual person that is true.

Deities are just the desire for humanity to have a easily defined purpose and focused life. When we can't expect the realities of life and existence.

Many of the best arguments (philosophy) revolve around the belief that god is the highest thing to be conceived or god as the answer to hard and complex questions. Becasue lets face it god is the easier answer. But I don't think its the correct answer.