Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter?

Do you believe in God?

• I believe in religion and god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion but I do believe in god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion or god

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • If there was a god smiffy wouldnt spell this bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1206010896392.jpg

Pikachu is God. Don't you have any idea how many little kids worship it?

Pikachu is God. Don't you have any idea how many little kids worship it?

Pokemon used to be my religion. It was the religion of my age group's childhood. The show's such a disappointment now though. *sigh* good memories

I like ghost pokemon. Ghastly rules.

Their weakness is Psychic.

You chose a pokemon with a weakness, that was my pokemons main strength.

Nyaa.

Yeah, a good decent amount of attacks don't even work on Ghost pokemon. That's a pretty good trade-off

Pokemon used to be my religion. It was the religion of my age group's childhood. The show's such a disappointment now though. *sigh* good memories

I've found that I shouldn't watch shows that I watched as a kid because it is an inevitable letdown, especially ADD shows like Hey Arnold! that move extremely fast and make no sense.

Does anything beat Alakazam?

Anything that knows earthquake.

It depends how strong the opposite pokemon is...

I've found that I shouldn't watch shows that I watched as a kid because it is an inevitable letdown, especially ADD shows like Hey Arnold! that move extremely fast and make no sense.

Yup, can relate to that. I was outraged with indignation though when they changed Sesame Street, basically the essence of my up bringing and the foundations of my education. I mean whats with taking the old classics and putting them on some strange backdrop. I mean Sesame Street used to be a street! It's not Sesame Street if there is no street!

I think they changed it back though, which is good. The 90s had such good kid's shows.

And so now this thread is long off topic. Religion = TV

Best way to describe my view on God and religion is to say I'm an anti-religious theist.

I'm atheist in terms of i believe there is no god, or rather evolution is god.

But, like all human beings, there is a side to me that seems to yearn for something less clear cut, a more dreamy and spiritual side. That seems to manifest itself in me liking to think all things in nature have some force about them, and in a sense they do because they proboke relaxation and thought.

As far as religion is concerned, NO.

I believe there is something beyond what we are able to perceive, whether this someone or something has any interest in anything we do is another matter.

Organised religion is, in my opinion, a creation of humankind to cope with the loss of loved one's, to explain things they were unable to understand at the time and to provide a mechanism to control the behaviour of others.

Anything that knows earthquake.

did you ever see speed racer?

or the speed racer movie?

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK?

football head ruled!!

It woulda made a hell of a lot more sense if all the Pokemon posts had been moved to the Pokemon thread...

He wanted to "wipe religion" off the planet. He admitted to having a fascist attitude about it. You can't force people to do anything. He was convinced religion was responsible for all the destruction and oppression in the world. Maybe he's right.

But you still can't alienate and try to control people into holding your beliefs.

No he is a fool, I am an atheist but I still respect peoples faith. I would never force disbelief on someone, I wouldn't even discuss it with them unless they were looking for earnest answers. I have found going through life that Militant atheists are worse than the people who go door to door giving out leaflets for their churches. At least the religious persons are trying to save a soul, the athiests offer nothing but anger and hatred from what I have seen.

If people are going to come to disbelief it has to be natural and come through time, if you bullrush them and start pointing out how ridiculous illogical religion or the bible is they circle the wagons and dig in for defense.

And you should tell you Ex should you see him again, religion isnt the cause of wars and such as he thinks, thats what the simple minded believe. Anyone with any real grasp of history knows that the majority of all war and genoicide has much more to do with power, control and money and rarely anything to do with religion. Religion is just the whitewash they put on it in the end to cover up history.

the majority of all war and genoicide has much more to do with power, control and money and rarely anything to do with religion.

but religion historically has been about power, control and money, they're one and the same.

but religion historically has been about power, control and money, they're one and the same.
You're missing the point.

Religion wasn't the source of those conflicts; it's simply a easy front to use as a "moral high ground" for those who create such conflicts to believe that they are doing the right and just thing. I mean, if you're doing it in "the name of god" instead of Satan, then you must be the good guy, right?

Right..?