Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in Religion or God for that matter?

Do you believe in God?

• I believe in religion and god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion but I do believe in god

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I dont believe in religion or god

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • If there was a god smiffy wouldnt spell this bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, those doing things in the name of Satan are more often the good guys than not. Especially if they truly understand Satanism.

Those doing things for "God", are using god as an excuse and cop out.

No one would be fighting over a shitty piece of worthless desert if it wasn't regarded as "holy"...

There is oil in Jerusalem?

Jerusalem isn't wasted desert. It's a vibrant city of historical importance. Regardless of its religious background. It's one of humanities first cities.

But that isn't why it has been squabbled over throughout history, there are plenty of historically significant cities that haven't drawn as much ire. It's fought for because no one wants to see the "holy land" in the hands of infidels.

Actually, those doing things in the name of Satan are more often the good guys than not. Especially if they truly understand Satanism.

Those doing things for "God", are using god as an excuse and cop out.

Satanism is about worshipping yourself, as a god. So what Oprah is fronting is actually Satanism. Go oprah!

but religion historically has been about power, control and money, they're one and the same.

Not necessarily, it has been warped by rulers to use to consolidate power, but the rulers were using it more as a means to an end. In which case its more of a tool really.

No one would be fighting over a shitty piece of worthless desert if it wasn't regarded as "holy"...

BS those lands have been fought over long before there was any Jews, Christians or Muslims.

But that isn't why it has been squabbled over throughout history, there are plenty of historically significant cities that haven't drawn as much ire. It's fought for because no one wants to see the "holy land" in the hands of infidels.

Then why did the polytheistic Romans want it so bad? They didnt care about the Jews religion. And there were no Christians or Muslims at that time.

They wanted everything. And Israel was a rich nation, as well as gateway to other rich nations.

They wanted everything. And Israel was a rich nation, as well as gateway to other rich nations.

Yes anyone other than Shai Gar wanna answer?

I know that! I was simply making a point, there is plenty of good reason for someone to want to own a nation like Israel even without religion involved.

Not necessarily, it has been warped by rulers to use to consolidate power, but the rulers were using it more as a means to an end. In which case its more of a tool really.

reading my post again I should have said organised religion, but the point still stands, particularly on power, the power of knowledge that others don't possess, the power to exclude those who don't agree with you

I know that! I was simply making a point, there is plenty of good reason for someone to want to own a nation like Israel even without religion involved.

I don't know about plenty of good reasons but certainly all wars are not about religion, however I'd say virtually all wars have been about religion or resources (as long as you use a broad definition of religion)

Without religion to me the only wars that really make sense are for resources, resource wise that area just doesn't seem to warrant all of the violent attention it's got over the years.

There are many areas that are much more valuable economically that are much, much more peaceful.

As for why the Romans wanted it, like Shai Gar said, they wanted everything and constant expansion kept the empire alive. Perhaps the Romans saw the Jewish religion as a threat to their own, control the places of religious significance, control the followers etc.

So why was the original goal of the crusades to capture Jerusalem (of all places?).

I am definitely Christian, and nothing can change that.