Do you act your age? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you act your age?

Meesh...acting my age. If that means 'Am I responsible?' then yes I guess I do act my age. I'm terribly responsible. I have no debt, a large bank account, a clean home, and I spend lots of time studying and educating myself.

At the same time, I play Pokemon in my spare time and cry when there's a loud scary thunderstorm outside.

You tell me. What's my age again?

Never act age. (;

Been told that I'm too mature and serious as kid; been told that I'm too immature and happy as adult. Where's the facepalm waiting list.

Nope, I act older than I my age. :m027:

Does playing with action figures and playing Runescape count?

Last edited:
older when it comes to interacting in a helping or advisory role to others, younger when it comes to motivating myself or having an inability to get out of my mood,when i was a child or teenager i found myself to be very mature mindset wise for my age and considered a lot of concepts others wouldnt, i think now though many of my friends are being forced to grow up very quickly im quite glad i got it over and done with gradually and in advance :)

SO i surmise that the younger ones act older while us older ones tend to act younger...sometimes...but when we were younger, did we act older? (I did)

Perhaps I am a 10 year old trapped in a 30 year olds body...

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Well I have been called "wise beyond my years" and told to "grow up" in the same 5 minutes. I would rather act younger though because grown-ups are boooooring. :p

But I am still

lolcat1.jpg

Well I have been called "wise beyond my years" and told to "grow up" in the same 5 minutes. I would rather act younger though because grown-ups are boooooring. :p

But I am still

lolcat1.jpg
:m146:

I have been told both as well...but in the same sentence...it was an interesting moment in my life...

Yeah I've heard the "wise beyond my years" one before. Thank god nobody's ever told me to "grow up", even though I bet they've thought it, it'd probably make me cry :p
I tend to seem wise and mature, but in many ways I could be seen as naive and ignorant, some times I can't even really take care of myself. And then I get in those silly, happy moods too where I can be like a goofy 6 year old again. I think when it comes to wisdom and maturity I tend to act older than I am, but when it comes to common sense and practical knowledge I come off as more of a kid. I'm still daunted by things that most people consider simple and easy.

Younger when I'm happy, older when I'm not. Older when I need to. Younger when I want to. Hee. But never quite my age, no.

This is pretty much my answer, as well.

I'm easily excitable, but I've also heard that I seem very mature for my age, particularly when I'm chilled out.

I have always been acting older than I was. Way more serious for my age. If people didn't look at me but only read or listened to what I said, they could never guess my age. Well, now it is easier, I am almost 30, so even if they say 30-35, it would be about right. Now imagine telling me that I was 30-35 when I was only 13. Ofc if they look at me, they guess my age correct, I don't look older than I am.

I have always been acting older than I was. Way more serious for my age. If people didn't look at me but only read or listened to what I said, they could never guess my age. Well, now it is easier, I am almost 30, so even if they say 30-35, it would be about right. Now imagine telling me that I was 30-35 when I was only 13. Ofc if they look at me, they guess my age correct, I don't look older than I am.

You make an interesting point about appearance and speech. I think I look my age or a little younger, but my speech and mannerisms may give the impression that I have more experience than I do. My writing style may seem more "mature". I was always a naturally serious person and quite conservative in outlook and appearance, not very relaxed or outgoing (more so in previous years, not as much today), which can make someone looking on think older. But I won't associate appearing older with maturity. Maturity is a personal quality or characteristic and shouldn't be too easily associated with age.

Last edited:
When I was younger I 'acted older than my age' in some ways while being 'on target' in other ways that I didn't recognize until later. Now, I'd say I'm just my age.

I mostly act much older then I am (anywhere from somewhere from late 30's to 90's and beyond). Sometimes I will act much younger. I rarely act like I am in my 20's. My friends often point this out to me too.

I always acted "older" for my age when I was younger. I think I act and have the mindset of a person younger than me now. I've always been able to do easygoing/funny as easily as serious/deep. This can make you seem both younger and older at times. A lot of that just has to do with the fact that I'm a lot more of a relaxed person now. I have a much better perspective on things. Maybe we have a default age built into us that keeps our personalities at a certain perceived age. I liked being though of as older and more mature when I was younger, just as I enjoy having a perceived youthful outlook now.

Do people grow up or do they just learn how to behave in public?

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Do people grow up or do they just learn how to behave in public?

People grow up, but much of growing up is about learning how to preserve a socially normative level of comfort that supports the "civil society" model of citizenship.

I am 20 and I act approximately the age of a 24 year old.

I am 20 and I act approximately the age of a 24 year old.

What would you say is the difference between a typical 20 something and a 24 year old? And how is this difference apparent in Britain? Do you see a different set of age expectations for individuals coming from different countries/cultures, such as members on this forum for example?

Last edited:
What would you say is the difference between a typical 20 something and a 24 year old? And how is this difference apparent in Britain? Do you see a different set of age expectations for different cultures in the members on this forum for example?

I dunno... my girlfriends 24 so I thought... "Yeah, yeah I am 24". Lol.

But I do notice a distinct division between age groups when you reach 24, the reason being that this is the age most people become financially independant (or not) because they have left university and have/are looking for jobs. They are typically looking for apartment/flats, have full-time jobs and have collected a few sexual and relationship experiences and so their priorities are more mature.

I say I act like a 24 year old because I have always been forward thinking, planning schemes and road maps for the future. I take responsibility for things that I don't even have yet and I constantly attenuate my behaviour to a respect this inner teacher in me. My goals and ambitions don't just give me my basic needs (income, career) they are driven by a want and need to return knowledge to others- to teach. I constantly think, "Once I've mastered that, I can teach it to others!"

I don't know... that makes me feel old anyway...