Do you act your age? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you act your age?

I dunno... my girlfriends 24 so I thought... "Yeah, yeah I am 24". Lol.

But I do notice a distinct division between age groups when you reach 24, the reason being that this is the age most people become financially independant (or not) because they have left university and have/are looking for jobs. They are typically looking for apartment/flats, have full-time jobs and have collected a few sexual and relationship experiences and so their priorities are more mature.

I say I act like a 24 year old because I have always been forward thinking, planning schemes and road maps for the future. I take responsibility for things that I don't even have yet and I constantly attenuate my behaviour to a respect this inner teacher in me. My goals and ambitions don't just give me my basic needs (income, career) they are driven by a want and need to return knowledge to others- to teach. I constantly think, "Once I've mastered that, I can teach it to others!"

I don't know... that makes me feel old anyway...

Thx. In other words, you look beyond yourself, outside of your own needs, and see how others will benefit from what you do or believe.

Good stuff.

I've been told I look like a 35 year old but as soon as people get to know me, I'm like 15 year old. Still young at heart curious about the world.

I'm 25 though.

I have fun as much as I can (so at times I act younger), but I'm serious when I need to be (older?). I don't really know. How old do you people think I act?

My actions are ageless.

At university a professor told me that I was an old man, young boy and 18yr old all at once.

^^ edit, back when I was still at univeristy, that is.

My actions are ageless.

At university a professor told me that I was an old man, young boy and 18yr old all at once.

^^ edit, back when I was still at univeristy, that is.

literally or figuratively? ;) (you do have an ageless vibe)

I have fun as much as I can (so at times I act younger), but I'm serious when I need to be (older?). I don't really know. How old do you people think I act?
look at your avatar

I don't really know how old I act or what the standards are. People are mature and immature in different areas; a person could be 70 years old and stubborn enough to hold on to insecurities.

How accurate someone perceives and understands themselves and the world around them holds more weight to me than age.

look at your avatar

While you're at it look at yours and then look at mine and everyone else's.

Do people grow up or do they just learn how to behave in public?
10/10.
+this perception about 'how should' is again based on imaginary (often very local-dependent) cultural standaaaards. For example:
longneck.jpg
:p :p
they consider this thing mature, smart, and hot!
how's our perception more meaningful? - it's not!

literally or figuratively? ;) (you do have an ageless vibe)

I have never been conscious of acting "a certain age" and questions of my own maturity or youthfulness have never been of much concern. As far as I can tell I act pretty much the way I did when I was 15, 20, 25 and by the time I'm 35, or even 75 I cannot see myself changing, except under the effect of physical decline.

I suspect that very many people have cultivated a "mature manner" in early life, which became habitual for the rest of their years. Others, although rarer, have cultivated a "youthful manner" or a "peter pan effect", which has also endured - the actor Robin Williams comes to mind.