Do you act your age? | INFJ Forum

Do you act your age?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
do you act younger or older than you are? do you think others treat you as your age?

simple question, answer as you will :)

(also, feel free to bop me over the head if you're annoyed by my constant questioning threads. i'll understand, i'll probably laugh with you :m129: )

*bops may on the head*

*wink*

Well...I dunno...sometimes yes...sometimes no...

*is bopped* lol thanks enty, im pretty much the same way :p

Younger when I'm happy, older when I'm not. Older when I need to. Younger when I want to. Hee. But never quite my age, no.

Younger when I'm happy, older when I'm not. Older when I need to. Younger when I want to. Hee. But never quite my age, no.

Yea, what she said...

The bop was pure teasing...I like your threads May!

Reactions: TinyBubbles

Pretty much. :smile:

ooh thats a good point, i also become more child-like when i'm happy, wonder if thats a common trait? does happiness make us partially ignorant? ignorance is bliss as they say..

I usually act older than my age, specially outside of this forum where they see me as too serious, quiet, calm etc..I do have my random moments of acting younger though specially if I am around someone i know.

ooh thats a good point, i also become more child-like when i'm happy, wonder if thats a common trait? does happiness make us partially ignorant? ignorance is bliss as they say..

I wonder if your asking if happiness is some sort of false security?

I wonder if your asking if happiness is some sort of false security?

not necessarily false, but i do think it's a sort of security. isn't it true when you're sad you're a bit more likely to be conscious of everything wrong in your life?

not necessarily false, but i do think it's a sort of security. isn't it true when you're sad you're a bit more likely to be conscious of everything wrong in your life?

True...Ive always kinda had a connection to the old Nirvana lyrics..."i miss the comfort of being sad"

Do we seek out sadness because its easier than being happy?

True...Ive always kinda had a connection to the old Nirvana lyrics..."i miss the comfort of being sad"

Do we seek out sadness because its easier than being happy?

maybe! maybe on some level, though we think we want to be happy, we actually seek out sadness because we enjoy the weird comfort associated with being sad & being aware it. after all, when you're happy, you can easily become sad, but when you're sad, there's not much places to go but "up"

maybe! maybe on some level, though we think we want to be happy, we actually seek out sadness because we enjoy the weird comfort associated with being sad & being aware it. after all, when you're happy, you can easily become sad, but when you're sad, there's not much places to go but "up"

but going up is a sort of downward spiral in the backwards way we think...Being happy leads to falling again...and falling again just puts us back where we cant get much lower...vicious cycle...

So, do we all self sabotage everything in our lives?

Are we afraid to be happy?

Dang derail...Imma make a new thread...

I usually act older than my age, specially outside of this forum where they see me as too serious, quiet, calm etc..I do have my random moments of acting younger though specially if I am around someone i know.

you know sometimes your posts remind me of myself when i was 16, i too was a little too serious than my age warranted, i've actually grown out of it, and am less serious these days than i was before (excluding certain circumstances of course).
don't think it always comes out on the internet though, which is a shame! :p

but going up is a sort of downward spiral in the backwards way we think...Being happy leads to falling again...and falling again just puts us back where we cant get much lower...vicious cycle...

So, do we all self sabotage everything in our lives?

Are we afraid to be happy?

Dang derail...Imma make a new thread...

haha yep make a new thread, this an interesting conversation though, i want to see where it leads :)

4436_512x288_manicured__KMAyfpNec0mbXI-vKfyqzg.jpg

I wish you would stop ruining my life!

I usually act my age in real life. The internet is another story. On the net, I think I'm somewhere around 11 or 12....whatever the age is where you don't have to worry about suffocating in plastic bags and choking on toys with small pieces anymore.

whatever the age is where you don't have to worry about suffocating in plastic bags and choking on toys with small pieces anymore.

I am 28 and I haven't reached that stage yet...

either an eight year old or 30 yr old...never 17....always young and excited or older and serious