Deeper understanding of the Enneagram & Triads | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Deeper understanding of the Enneagram & Triads

I don't think I'm image conscious. I could be, but I'm one of those people who seems to have an image/identity even though I didn't really craft it. People just 'know' who I am by reputation, even though they're usually wrong. I am however, much more concerned with being loved than anything... especially by a soul mate and the people closest to me. When I am healthy, by everyone if possible, but when I'm unhealthy, I am much less concerned with it and am prone to 'us vs. them' mentality (though that's Fe right there).

Since I'm having trouble deciding if I'm instinct-feeling or feeling-instinct, wouldn't that imply that I'm a 2w1 or a 1w2 since these are a mix of them?

I don't find beauty in my 'tragedies'. I just want them to not be wrong anymore. If I do find inspiration from them, it's to create fantasies where they are 'fixed'. My creativity seems to center around helping people and inspiring them, or lashing out in my 'us vs. them' modes where the 'bad guys' get their asses kicked.

You don't seem like a 1w2 to me...how close do you think you are when comparing yourself with IndigoSensor?

The 'us vs them' mentality sounds rather sixish to me.

This might actually lead me back to 2w1 then. I help people because knowing that I helped them, makes me feel good. I do it because it's the right thing to do, and doing right makes me feel good. This is magnified for the people closest to me. Making them feel good makes me happy, and I'll do all manner of little special things for them without them having a need. While other people have to present me with a need (even if they don't ask... just seeing that they have an obvious need motivates me) before I will take action. In other words, the more important someone is to me the more proactive I am about doing things for them to make them happy (can be very impractical too). The less important someone is to me, the more reactive I am about helping them (almost always practical though). I'm assuming that's the sexual subtype filter creating those preferences.

At this stage I incline to think you are a 2w1-8w9-5w6.

What do you see as weakness?

I'd read that being sexual first makes a person more bold than their type normally implies, but also more accepting - thus increasing E and decreasing J. This is part of why I've been considering 2, 4, and 9. The sexual variant descriptions are much more like me. The social 8 is more like me than the sexual 8.

Being sexual first drives the person to constantly look for their ultimate, intimate partner. They feel that they are incomplete and missing something without their other half to share their life with and make them complete. They look for intimacy and deep emotional connection in a relationship and want to get close.

I think this is a fairly good description of the sexual variant:
http://www.enneagram.net/sexual.html

4 and 9 are withdrawn types, I would think they tend to be more I than E.

In other words, it's all conjecture. Gotcha.

The second and third theory seem arbitrary to me and not so convincing.
The first theory is based on how the Enneagram types are made up - due to the imbalance of the 3 centers.

For instance,
Type 2 primarily identifies with their feeling but their feeling center is scrambled with their instinctive center, hence the order feeling-doing-thinking.

Type 8 primarily identifies with their doing and their instinctive center is scrambled with their thinking center, hence the order doing-thinking-feeling.

It makes more sense when the trifix is ordered this way according to the imbalance of the centers.

Here is more information if you are interested:
http://enneagram-spirituality.com/The-Hornevian-Groups.php

Reactions: KazeCraven
Not surprised (at the different interpretations). Hence why I've taken serious liberties with the theory lately.

*is convinced that we can switch primary centers, despite no evidence from original theory to suggest this*

If you can switch primary centers, that would mean you can also switch your Enneagram type, which is based on the imbalance of the 3 centers. What you described seems like someone who is fully balanced in the 3 centers, that I suspect ever exists. If it does, the person must be extremely healthy.

This link provides some information if you are interested in reading more about it:
http://www.tahoeinstitute.com/The%20Centers.htm

Last edited:
Hmmm, thanks for this. I'm now convinced that I am, in fact, type 5.

I think what threw me off was that I have an unusual idea of what's important, so I have an unusual idea of what types of competence are important or worth lamenting about.

Looks like I might have to find somebody else who doesn't fit the theory so I can pick at it more.

@VH;

Just like to add certain question; what makes you create this mentality?
Tulip was right, it's a very 6 thing to do. It seems what matters to you was the "kicking the bad guys' asses and fixing the world"? Different from Tulip, tho, from your initial description, I got a 9 vibe that went 1w2 (or 6) vibe from you.

I am supposedly a 9w1. Do you think the enneagram has me pegged correctly? If not what do you think I am?

I am supposedly a 9w1. Do you think the enneagram has me pegged correctly? If not what do you think I am?

You strike me as more of an eight. You're not too worried about ruffling anyone's feathers, like 9's tend to be.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 67%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 47%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 40%

So am I like 6w5?

I am so confused by this haha. I think I'll understand it, but it seems like.... way out there at the moment. Cue the *old* twilight zone theme song.

Five - Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.

Six - Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

That sounds a lot like me... But why is mainly everyone else getting like 1w9 and 9w1? Are those the main INFJ ones?

Last edited:
Yeah, E9 INFJ is rare. INFP with E9 is rather common.

But it doesn't mean it won't happen. E6 INFJ is actually common - not as common as some, but it's up there.

9w1/1w9 is so common for INFJ's because that E type is the most "laid back and let me" of the E types. At the same time though, there is also a side of them that is quite organized. In a sense it is a way of explaining an INFJ's lack of a J but still being a J kind of person. In general 9 is for INFJ's with a relatively strong N prefrence, usually strong I, and mild J. 4's are usually high I with strong F and low J. 5's are usually strong I and weak F border on T. 1's are usually strong J with solid N.

As far as INFJ's are speaking of course, and the wing will definintely effect how strong each letter. For example, I am 1w2 and I have a very strong J score and a pretty mild I score. Where as if I were a 1w9 both of those letters would likely be much weaker as 9 is much more internal and laid back then 2.

9w1/1w9 is so common for INFJ's because that E type is the most "laid back and let me" of the E types. At the same time though, there is also a side of them that is quite organized. In a sense it is a way of explaining an INFJ's lack of a J but still being a J kind of person. In general 9 is for INFJ's with a relatively strong N prefrence, usually strong I, and mild J. 4's are usually high I with strong F and low J. 5's are usually strong I and weak F border on T. 1's are usually strong J with solid N.

As far as INFJ's are speaking of course, and the wing will definintely effect how strong each letter. For example, I am 1w2 and I have a very strong J score and a pretty mild I score. Where as if I were a 1w9 both of those letters would likely be much weaker as 9 is much more internal and laid back then 2.

:D Well said! And I'd agree with this. Mostly because I tend to type 9w1 these days. I've realized that all the time I've typed 6w5 was when I was in a bad place in my life.

I love your analysis Indigo, it explains my 9-ness quite well =)

:D Well said! And I'd agree with this. Mostly because I tend to type 9w1 these days. I've realized that all the time I've typed 6w5 was when I was in a bad place in my life.

Ahhh ok. The funny thing is, is I'd think I'm a 2 moreso than a 6, I mean feeling safe is very important to me, however I'd much rather feel appreciated, even if I'm not safe.

Ahhh ok. The funny thing is, is I'd think I'm a 2 moreso than a 6, I mean feeling safe is very important to me, however I'd much rather feel appreciated, even if I'm not safe.

That can still be a 6-ish trait, the idea of feeling appreciated. Let's put it this way - many ISFJs are phobic 6s, and I guarantee you if you step on their appreciation they will attack with a vengeance.

Explore the E6 trait, and compare it with a few other online descriptions. Explore 2 as well. See which one, after you read several types of descriptions, matches you best.

You don't seem like a 1w2 to me...how close do you think you are when comparing yourself with IndigoSensor?

Very little with respect to Enneagram.

I've done quite a bit of study on Enneagram this past year, and have come to see a 6 element.

At this stage I incline to think you are a 2w1-8w9-5w6.

I've become inclined to think I am a 8w9-2w1-6w5. This would explain the strong alignments with the 8, 2, and 5 triangle, as well as the 4 effect I was picking up on (2w1 playing into 4). The 6 reinforces the 9 wing which is very strong in me (to the point that my chiropractor, who is a certified Enneagram something or other, assumed I was a 9 until he got to know me. I'll never forget the look on his face when he decided I was an 8.)

However, I am open to the possibility that I could be a 2w1-8w9-6w5, or even 2w1-6w5-8w9 or 6w5-8w9-2w1 or 6w5-2w1-8w9, assuming the adaptation of Enneagram type allows us to switch. My 8 side shows itself when I am stressed, as does my 6. When I'm at my healthiest, I seem more 9, 2, and 4.

From what I've read, I would prefer to be 9w8-2w1-4w3... if that helps form an opinion on what I actually am (might shed light on my aspirations or where I am at my healthiest). I would prefer that I was not so aggressive, and more easy to get along with like a 9w8 rather than an 8w9. I'm comfortable with the 2w1 (which makes me wonder if I really am this). I'd also prefer to be more like an artistic and creative 4w3, but that seems to be the byproduct of my 8w9-6w5 blend of assertion, imagination, and idealism.

What do you see as weakness?

A great deal of things. My tolerance for weakness decreases in direct proportion to my stress levels. This leads me to believe that I am an 8w9 first, as Enneagram types begin to become more obvious as a person gets stressed. However, if the adaptation theory is viable, then it's likely that 8w9 is my go to for dealing with stress.

Being sexual first drives the person to constantly look for their ultimate, intimate partner. They feel that they are incomplete and missing something without their other half to share their life with and make them complete. They look for intimacy and deep emotional connection in a relationship and want to get close.

I think this is a fairly good description of the sexual variant:
http://www.enneagram.net/sexual.html

4 and 9 are withdrawn types, I would think they tend to be more I than E.

This is exactly me, and would explain the extroverted lean that I have.

The second and third theory seem arbitrary to me and not so convincing.
The first theory is based on how the Enneagram types are made up - due to the imbalance of the 3 centers.

For instance,
Type 2 primarily identifies with their feeling but their feeling center is scrambled with their instinctive center, hence the order feeling-doing-thinking.

Type 8 primarily identifies with their doing and their instinctive center is scrambled with their thinking center, hence the order doing-thinking-feeling.

It makes more sense when the trifix is ordered this way according to the imbalance of the centers.

Here is more information if you are interested:
http://enneagram-spirituality.com/The-Hornevian-Groups.php

Interesting since most 2s are ENFJ or ESFJ, and they are Feeling - Sensing - Thinking (skipping the N)
And since most 8s are ESTPs, who are Sensing - Thinking - Feeling (again, skipping the N)
This effect might be more aligned with the more common MBTI types associated with Enneagram.

Also, someone in this thread mentioned that INFJ 9s are uncommon. I've found this to not be the case. INFJs are most commonly 9s, then 4s, then 1s, then 6s and 2s. 5s, 7s, 8s, 3s are very rare (which casts doubt on my being a core 8). In fact, one of the biggest reasons I doubted I was an INFJ was because so many INFJs are 9s, and I am not a 9. I could see that 9ish distant peaceful harmonious vibe (which I adore) in them and assumed it was an INFJ thing. Just goes to show how these systems are distinct.

Here's an INFJ E9 (Most of the INFJ vids on youtube are 9s, so these aren't hard to find. Notice the distant dreamy quality that doesn't want to disrupt harmony)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44tXtjlgMmE"]YouTube - The INFJ Experience[/ame]

Here's an INFJ E4 (this guy has no problem making assertions that might disrupt harmony, and is prone to ponder way off into those deep 4 tangents)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZgi_10LlI"]YouTube - INFJ Video, Me talking[/ame]

Here's an INFJ E6 (though I think she self identifies as a 9, she has a completely different manner and vibe than the 9s. She's much more direct and assertive, yet ambiguous and anxietied, all at the same time.)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hLXTj-nwY"]YouTube - INFJ "Contradictions"[/ame]

Here's an INFJ E2 (which makes her seem more ENFJ, but watch her long enough and in other videos, and she's a clear INFJ)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJNUdzDTIHY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJNUdzDTIHY[/ame]

It's very interesting to see the similarities in their vibes, body language, and mechanisms, but also the distinctions.

Edit: And for the record, I couldn't find any INFJ E8s, but I much more see my own mannerisms in the E6 video than the others. If I had to pick a runner up, I'd have trouble deciding between the E2 and the E4 because they're equally ambigious for me. Honestly, aside from a slight leaning when I go into a mode, I don't see a lot of myself in either. I can turn on the charm and seem a bit like the E2, or I can get very nerdy and seem a bit like the E4, but neither would be much of a fit. The one thing I know I don't have is that 9ish deep core tranquility. I wish I did, and I find it beautiful, but I simply don't have it.

More Edit: After letting this percolate for about an hour, I can suddenly see 6 sx/so(no wing) - 2w3 - 8w9.
Funny how those Ni aha moments happen when we don't think about things for a while.

Even More Edit: I got some sleep, and that Ni moment vanished. I'm realizing that my Ni and Ti get stupid when I'm tired and try to oversimplify things into no longer being practical. I have found that when I wake up, my Ni has the best answers. I'm not a 6 core. It's in there, but it's not running the show.

Here is a video of an Enneagram 8 (introvert of some sort... if I had to guess I'd say ISTP... and clearly a 9 wing). This guy has almost my exact vibe and mannerisms.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX1TgqgVZg"]YouTube - Leadership and the Enneagram: Interview with Style 8[/ame]

Additional Even More Edit: I suppose I should have looked at this video before I made the last additional edit. That was my 8 side going off on a tangent. This lady is some manner of introverted Sensing type. I'd assume ISFP, but what she's saying about 6 is dead on. I can see myself shifting back and forth between 8 and 6, with the deeper motivation of 2 in there. (I suppose I should go watch the 2 video and see if I empathize with it...)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQCEA7tJus"]YouTube - Leadership and the Enneagram: Interview with Style 6[/ame]

Follow Up Additional Even More Edit: I watched the 2, and it's not my core. I am quite certain that this is one of the healthier states for me. The healthier and happier I am, the more likely I am to help people (whether they ask for it or not). Otherwise, I can get quite oblivious to the needs of others unless they tell me about them, at which point I will help unless I'm unhealthy. This says to me that I'm an 8w9-6w5-2w3, and that my 8 is prone to integrating to 2 when I'm healthy, and getting all nerdy and Vulcan-like toward 5 when I'm stressed... with 6w5 being my go to. Huh. I guess that does fit the 8 model. Gut > Think > Feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal and jyrffw54
Welcome back. VH.
I don't come here often these days, so lucky that I happen to see your post.
It is nice to hear from you again.

The INFJ videos look interesting.
Yes it is rather unusual to think of 8s having an Ni-Fe combination of functioning giving 8s are out of touch with their feelings. It is more common for 8s to be ExTx.

The guy in the Youtube video 8 interview I am not sure he is really an 8. I see some 6 elements in his eyes.

Have you considered sx/so 6w5-2w3-8w9 instead?

:m093:

Welcome back. VH.
I don't come here often these days, so lucky that I happen to see your post.
It is nice to hear from you again.

You as well.

The INFJ videos look interesting.
Yes it is rather unusual to think of 8s having an Ni-Fe combination of functioning giving 8s are out of touch with their feelings. It is more common for 8s to be ExTx.

I am inclined to agree. I've found that I have a 'control streak' but it manifests more in the moment and with my ideals than with the typical 8 things like resources or definable power. I am very much an alpha male (surprisingly so, as it has been explained to me), have anger management issues, need to be in control, and aside from the typical ExTx mechanisms the 8w9 type defines me extremely well. If this isn't my core, it certainly feels like it (but then that could be the case with a 'gut' center). This seems to explain a lot of the conflict I have between my urges and my idealism.

The guy in the Youtube video 8 interview I am not sure he is really an 8. I see some 6 elements in his eyes.

I was picking up on that too, but I assumed this meant he was an 8 > 6, which would match up with my own assumptions about being an introvert 8w9 > 6. However both of us could be 6 > 8 and mistyping ourselves.

Have you considered sx/so 6w5-2w3-8w9 instead?

Yes, I'm also open to that combination.

At this point, I see it as:

8w9 (or possibly 1w9) is my "Instinctual"
6 (balanced) sx/so is my "Mental"
2 (probably balanced, could lean 2w3) as my "Heart"

I'm starting to think that they all take turns driving (being my core) depending on the situation and my stress levels.

Additionally: Being a core 6 would imply the strong lean I have toward 9 (though I'm clearly not one, but when I'm at my best I have a lot in common with the better parts of 9) as well as those 3ish modes I can get into. So, this is most likely the case, especially considering that a counterphobic 6 can seem a lot like an 8's need for control, etc. which could be causing me to think that my 8 side is actually my core, especially if I'm misinterpreting my 3ish stress modes from 6 (alpha male, get it done, make the decision for everyone when no one else will, take the lead, provide direction, Go Go Go!) as being 8 behaviors.

Hmm... if that's the case, then perhaps I'm not even an 8w9 at all. That could leave a host of combinations with 1, 2 or 4 for the Heart and Instinctive triads (1w9, 1w2, 2w1, 2w3, 4w3, 4w5). I'll have to give this a lot of consideration, but my own indecisiveness and need for things like loyalty, comfort, security (to the degree that I'm aggressively proactive about them) would certainly imply a 6 (most likely core).

Another Edit Later: (because I don't want to spam up the board with posts on this thread)
Wow...

I found this link... http://www.thechangeworks.com/ennprimer/fineenn9styls2.html#anchor2023337 Daaamn... spot on...

Intimate (also 'Sexual' or 'Instinctive')
Sixes with this subtype tend to act strong or seductive when insecure. They are much more likely to be counterphobic, especially the men. May seem like Eights, take risks, talk tough. Act powerful and in control at the times when they feel most frightened. Worry about looking weak, having their fears show. May act arrogant but aren't really. Some study martial arts or seek a way of life that makes them strong.

Beauty is another focus; trying to seem attractive so as to contain fear, get approval, and distract others. May consciously hide behind a seductive mask. Unlike Threes, Sixes know they are hiding. Can act cool and patrician or be flirty. Some have a focus on aesthetics. This subtype often has a stronger connection to the vanity of 3.

Movie examples include: Humphrey Bogart, Treasure Of The Sierra Madre; Holly Hunter, Broadcast News; Anjelica Huston, The Grifters; Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Class Action; Nick Nolte, The Prince Of Tides; Janine Turner, Northern Exposure. In Batman Returns, Michelle Pfeiffer turns from a meek phobic Six into a fiesty counterphobic Six. When phobic, she is a social subtype (see below). Her alter ego, the counterphobic Catwoman, is an intimate subtype.

6 is also more likely for an INFJ than 8, so I'm inclined to agree that this is probably my type. I go back and forth on the 6w5 and 6w7 depending on my mood. I'd have a lot of trouble picking one. I'm clearly an sx/so.

So from here, I suppose I need to decide on the other fixes in my tritype.

Last edited:
I am inclined to agree. I've found that I have a 'control streak' but it manifests more in the moment and with my ideals than with the typical 8 things like resources or definable power. I am very much an alpha male (surprisingly so, as it has been explained to me), have anger management issues, need to be in control, and aside from the typical ExTx mechanisms the 8w9 type defines me extremely well. If this isn't my core, it certainly feels like it (but then that could be the case with a 'gut' center). This seems to explain a lot of the conflict I have between my urges and my idealism.

2,5,8 are control seeking while 3,7,8 are assertive types. I notice 2 males have a tendency to have anger management issues and need to be in control, particularly when they are under stress or unhealthy.

Additionally: Being a core 6 would imply the strong lean I have toward 9 (though I'm clearly not one, but when I'm at my best I have a lot in common with the better parts of 9) as well as those 3ish modes I can get into. So, this is most likely the case, especially considering that a counterphobic 6 can seem a lot like an 8's need for control, etc. which could be causing me to think that my 8 side is actually my core, especially if I'm misinterpreting my 3ish stress modes from 6 (alpha male, get it done, make the decision for everyone when no one else will, take the lead, provide direction, Go Go Go!) as being 8 behaviors.
6s when under stress may have some unhealthy 3 behavior. Being decisive and taking the lead does not sound like unhealthy 3. It sounds more like 8 behavior.

Hmm... if that's the case, then perhaps I'm not even an 8w9 at all. That could leave a host of combinations with 1, 2 or 4 for the Heart and Instinctive triads (1w9, 1w2, 2w1, 2w3, 4w3, 4w5). I'll have to give this a lot of consideration, but my own indecisiveness and need for things like loyalty, comfort, security (to the degree that I'm aggressively proactive about them) would certainly imply a 6 (most likely core).
8s need their followers to be loyal to them too. 6s are more likely to be loyal followers rather than the one taking the lead. Indecisiveness is more on the 6 side.

6 is also more likely for an INFJ than 8, so I'm inclined to agree that this is probably my type. I go back and forth on the 6w5 and 6w7 depending on my mood. I'd have a lot of trouble picking one. I'm clearly an sx/so.
If you are a 6, I am thinking you are more of a 5 winger than a 7 winger. Regardless of type I think you are quite healthy.

6s when under stress may have some unhealthy 3 behavior. Being decisive and taking the lead does not sound like unhealthy 3. It sounds more like 8 behavior. 8s need their followers to be loyal to them too. 6s are more likely to be loyal followers rather than the one taking the lead. Indecisiveness is more on the 6 side.

This pretty much clenches my 8w9 fix. The description I read was so spot on that I am still considering it for my core, and it's definitely where I go when I am "operating from the gut". I read a few descriptions of 8w7, 1w9 and 1w2. 8w7 was more me than the others, oddly.

If you are a 6, I am thinking you are more of a 5 winger than a 7 winger. Regardless of type I think you are quite healthy.

Thanks. I appreciate that you think I'm healthy. It's taken me a long time to get to this point. I went through a really rough several years. I'm sure my online presence shows my 5 side. But, in social situations that 7 wing comes out - especially the playful sense of humor. I really think I'm a balanced 6, and the 6 sx/so was so spot on that it is alarming. I'm pretty sure this is my core, and the 8w9 is firmly in there.

2,5,8 are control seeking while 3,7,8 are assertive types. I notice 2 males have a tendency to have anger management issues and need to be in control, particularly when they are under stress or unhealthy.

This implies 2 is my Heart triad thingy, unless this is simply my 8 side showing through, which it could be. At this point, I'm teetering between 2 and 4 for the Heart fix. 8 and 4 might be enough to imply the 2isms that I've noticed. I want love very much, love to help people, but a lot of the 2 descriptions don't seem to apply to me... mostly the emotional currency, doing things with the expectation of love as a reward, and most importantly being especially proactive about meeting people's needs. I do like to give people special little treats and surprises, would feel terrible if someone's birthday got overlooked, but I don't go out of my way to find out what their needs, wants, and expectations are. I'll take mental notes here and there, but that's about it, and usually when I give or help, it's giving or helping something I think they would like. I'm frequently wrong becuase of this. I get a fair aomunt of "Um, thanks?" when I do stuff for people. I could see the 2 as much as I could see the 4. However, I may just be assuming the 4 because of the similarity to the basic INFJ description. I certainly don't go out of my way to be unique, but I'm certainly wierd and tend to stay lost in my own little fantasy world that I have overlayed onto reality. That said, it seems like I could lean toward 2 when healthy or unhealthy if I were an 8 and a 4. If I were a 2, this might be too much tie to 8 and 2... unless I were 6 core. Hmm... Feels like we're getting somewhere.

Edit: if it is 2, then it's likely 2w3. If it's 4, then it's likely balanced 4... according to the descriptions. 2w3 was a very good description of that mode. If 6 core with the 9 wing and 3 wing could create a fairly strong 9ish effect that could cover the 4ish traits I identify with (fantasy world, lost in imagination, creativity, artistic, etc.) then it is likely we have a 6 (Balanced) - 2w3 - 8w9. Wow. That's a lot of influence toward 9 without actually being one. Yeah, that would alleviate my fixation with 4, but it seems right, especially considering that 9 is such a common INFJ Enneatype.

In any case, this seems like a bit of an extroverted lean from the Enneagram motivations, and that would explain why I've been flirting with the possibility of being an ENFJ (especially with the influence of the 2w3 though 4w3 is a possibility).

By jove, I think we've got it.

Now to decide the order...

Edit Edit: In fact, the 8w9, 2w3, and even 4 traits I'm identifying with could all be summed up by just simply being a balanced 6 sx/so (that reaches into 3 and 9 for those other effects). I've been suspecting for some time that the tri-type theory was a bit of an overcomplication, and simply a grab for some other traits that could easily be explained by the inherent (core, if you prefer) type.

Last edited:
6w5, 4w3, and 8w9 seem like they do a good job of tying everything up in my tri-type.

6 + w3 + w9 would create the strong leans toward 9 and 3 as 6 amplifies the wings, and 6w5 leans a little stronger toward 9.
8 + w5 would create that 5ish streak people pick up on from my online presence
8 + w5 + 4 would create the lean toward 2 without actually being a 2, and 6's need for loyalty combined with my afore mentioned 9ish streak would all combine to create the 2ish effect that I've been getting.

The only thing I'm missing is my 1ish traits, but I'd be willing to chalk them up to the influence of the 5ish streak and 4... as well as some 6 thrown in.

This might be it...