another MBTI type test :: from kisa.ca | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

another MBTI type test :: from kisa.ca

I am actually acquainted with a female INTP who went to school for Social Work and now works with troubled kids. She usually says things like, "emotions are gross." Yet, I've talked to her about work and she seems genuinely invested and caring of the kids she's there for.

I know three INTP females, and two of them are rather philanthropistic and humanitarian in their motivations. They do have some hurdles to overcome with respect to emotionally relating to people, but their core Fe is visible. The other INTP female I know had an abusive background and has a lot of trouble using her Fe for anything other than manipulating others to get her needs met. However, she's an unhealthy version of an INTP female. But, in all the cases, Fe is a motivating factor for these women... more so than the INTP males I know.

So, yeah, INTPs in social work, especially females, is not at all outside the scope of the expectations for the type.

Ta-dah, your personality type is ENFP!

Extraverted (E) 57% Introverted (I) 43%
Intuitive (N) 73%
Sensing (S) 27%
Feeling (F) 55%
Thinking (T) 45%
Perceiving (P) 55%
Judging (J) 45%

I'm starting to wonder if I really am an ENFP who has adapted to the world by forcing myself to develop my Ni and Fe - rather than the other way around as I've thought - which is an INFJ who has developed Ne and Fi. In fact, lately, I've been wondering if I'm not an INFP.

Ta-dah, your personality type is ENFP!

Extraverted (E) 57% Introverted (I) 43%
Intuitive (N) 73%
Sensing (S) 27%
Feeling (F) 55%
Thinking (T) 45%
Perceiving (P) 55%
Judging (J) 45%

I'm starting to wonder if I really am an ENFP who has adapted to the world by forcing myself to develop my Ni and Fe - rather than the other way around as I've thought - which is an INFJ who has developed Ne and Fi. In fact, lately, I've been wondering if I'm not an INFP.

You have developed so many NF qualities that it is very hard to tell at this point, but it shows you have developed an overall healthy amount of functions and lets you related more easily to other types:)

You have developed so many NF qualities that it is very hard to tell at this point, but it shows you have developed an overall healthy amount of functions and lets you related more easily to other types:)

True, but I'd like to get to the bottom of the mystery. What was I originally, and have I truly changed or it is simply addition to a base type that never changes?

Personality test results

Ta-dah, your personality type is INTJ!
Introverted (I) 57% Extraverted (E) 43% Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23% Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20% Judging (J) 91% Perceiving (P) 9%

intp again! yay! :D pretty one-sided results actually

Introverted (I) 86% Extraverted (E) 14% Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23% Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40% Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

Ta-dah, your personality type is ENTP!

Extraverted (E) 61% | Introverted (I) 39%
Intuitive (N) 68% | Sensing (S) 32%
Thinking (T) 75% | Feeling (F) 25%
Perceiving (P) 77% | Judging (J) 23%

Really? hmmmm....

These responses seem to be much more Fi than Fe. You're focusing much more strongly on your own personal convictions than either accommodating or enforcing the values of the group.

From what you mentioned earlier, about how you used to behave but have grown to change, it seems very possible that you are an NFP that has adapted to a world dominated by J types. If this is the case, then congratulations! You are part of the smallest, but also the most amazing group of thinkers in the world. It is so rare that Ne and Fi are ever forced to develop their counterparts Ni and Fe into effective functions because Ne and Fi can be so successful and adaptive on their own and so seldom need to adapt. However, when an Ne and Fi person does develop strong Ni and Fe, it creates an amazing ability to focus their incredible intuition and creative minds, as well as widens the horizons of their inherent unyielding benevolence to fully include a respect for others, but most importantly it emboldens them to have drive and ambition to enact what their visionary minds had only been able to imagine.

Since learning of NLP I have made some huge changes to my life. I don't understand this Fe and Ni stuff so can't confirm whether this is what has happened or not but there has been significant changes of some kind.

I do have lots of drive and ambition and the will to carry out my plans but before I had no drive at all so maybe.

I feel like I can achieve anything at the moment. All I have to do is try. Before I would dream about what I would like to do. Now I create a plan for those dreams and carry it out.

Do you have a good source for learning about Fe Ni etc?

True, but I'd like to get to the bottom of the mystery. What was I originally, and have I truly changed or it is simply addition to a base type that never changes?

Can you (or your family) remember what you were like as a kid? Personalitypage has kid's profiles, do any of those stand out for you?

Poetic Justice said:
Do you have a good source for learning about Fe Ni etc?

This is my preferred site for that stuff: http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/

(Click on "Function Types")

This is my preferred site for that stuff: http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/

(Click on "Function Types")

Now I am even more confused. Based on which functions seem to be my first and second, I found myself to be an ENFP. I read about ENFP's and this is SO me.

"Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves"

May explain why I thought I was Introverted.

Basically the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm an N (I have scored 88% every single time for N). Everthing else is well and truly up in the air

INFJ/INFP/ENFJ/ENFP all fit me and all these plus INTJ/ENTJ also fit my work personality

Ta-dah, your personality type is INFJ!

Introverted (I) 89%
Extraverted (E) 11%
Intuitive (N) 59% Sensing (S) 41%
Feeling (F) 95% Thinking (T) 5%
Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

Ta-dah, your personality type is INTP!

Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
Intuitive (N) 95%
Sensing (S) 5%
Thinking (T) 85%
Feeling (F) 15%
Perceiving (P) 77%
Judging (J) 23%

Now I am even more confused. Based on which functions seem to be my first and second, I found myself to be an ENFP. I read about ENFP's and this is SO me.

"Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves"

May explain why I thought I was Introverted.

Basically the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm an N (I have scored 88% every single time for N). Everthing else is well and truly up in the air

INFJ/INFP/ENFJ/ENFP all fit me and all these plus INTJ/ENTJ also fit my work personality

Well, unless you feel more "yourself" when you're working than you do any other time, you can probably discount your work personality as just the "suit" you wear to get the job done. So if that is the case then it seems to me there's a good chance you're one of the NF types.

From the sounds of things the ENFP description really jumped out at you. Would you say it sounds a lot more like you than the descriptions of the other NF types, just a little bit, or about the same? If it's a lot, then I'd say that's a good sign that you are indeed an ENFP.

Regardless, I reckon you should read as many type descriptions as you can get your hands on and see which type sounds the most like you (there'll always be other types that sound a bit like you, because different types can still share some commonalities).

If you're interested I can PM you a list of description websites for your perusal, might help to narrow things down that little bit further, then we can start working on some more specific questions.

Reactions: VH
If you're interested I can PM you a list of description websites for your perusal, might help to narrow things down that little bit further, then we can start working on some more specific questions.

That would be fantastic thanks.

Ta-dah, your personality type is INFP!
Introverted (I) 89%Extraverted (E) 11%Intuitive (N) 64%Sensing (S) 36%Feeling (F) 65%Thinking (T) 35%Perceiving (P) 59%Judging (J) 41%

I read about ENFP's and this is SO me.

This hints strongly at ENFP for several reasons. First, ENFPs go into an INFJ mode when highly stressed - called the 'shadow mode' by psychologist John Beebe. Each type has an inverse type. INFJ and ENFP are shadow modes of one another. When INFJs get extremely stressed, they go into an ENFP mode. When individuals spend extended time in their shadow mode, they will beging to develop healthy versions of that type's functions. From what you've described, it seems very likely that you went through an extended period of stress to develop into the person you've become.

Next, if you seem like an INTJ or ENTJ at work, then this also supports the possibility that you are an ENFP because ENFP uses Ne > Fi > Te > Si. If you've developed your Te to a significant degree and are leaning on it at work, then your Ne and Fi will likely work in tandem to cause an Ni effect that ends up mimicing INTJ/ENTJ. ENFPs are very adaptive personalities, and this sort of development is not uncommon, especially in ENFPs who work in the 'professional' sphere.

However if this is the case, because of all of these areas of growth and development you've achieved, it is likely that you will test rather consistently as INFJ on tests that measure type based on axis (introvert vs extrovert, intuition vs sensing, thinking vs feeling, judging vs perception). A test that attempts to measure the specific cognitive functions, like this one, may help disambiguate your type.

Can you (or your family) remember what you were like as a kid? Personalitypage has kid's profiles, do any of those stand out for you?

Wow. That's a very interesting approach that implies very interesting things about how we develop our functions.

I'm going to have to have my family take a look at these and see what they think. Honestly, there are very compelling points in all of them. Maybe I've always been a bit of a hybrid.

Edit: Both parents agree that I was the INJ child description, but admit that the ENP and IFP had a lot of merit.

Last edited:
Ta-dah, your personality type is INTP!

Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
Intuitive (N) 95%
Sensing (S) 5%
Thinking (T) 85%
Feeling (F) 15%
Perceiving (P) 77%
Judging (J) 23%

you're INTP? i thought you were INFJ? anyway, welcome to the elite intps, please leave your dignity at the door and embrace a life of nerdiness and juvenile humor ;D

Wow. That's a very interesting approach that implies very interesting things about how we develop our functions.

I'm going to have to have my family take a look at these and see what they think. Honestly, there are very compelling points in all of them. Maybe I've always been a bit of a hybrid.

Edit: Both parents agree that I was the INJ child description, but admit that the ENP and IFP had a lot of merit.

I agree, it's an interesting way to decide what our type is. My dad has seen various descriptors of INFJ and INTJ, and he decided that I leaned towards INTJ by a small bit (Basically, he thought I made decisions based on logic and what I felt was important, not particularly how people felt about what I was doing). Thus, based on that knowledge, I asked my dad to compare the two types that most people think I am on this forum: INTJ or INTP. I showed my dad the ITP page first and he didn't seem all that struck by it but halfway through the INJ page, my dad said "Do I need to keep reading this? This one is/was really like you" I told him to keep going, of course, and he said that only ONE thing was a tad bit off, and it was about how I interacted with large groups; apparently INJs aren't supposed to like that but I digged it when I was young.

This hints strongly at ENFP for several reasons. First, ENFPs go into an INFJ mode when highly stressed - called the 'shadow mode' by psychologist John Beebe. Each type has an inverse type. INFJ and ENFP are shadow modes of one another. When INFJs get extremely stressed, they go into an ENFP mode. When individuals spend extended time in their shadow mode, they will beging to develop healthy versions of that type's functions. From what you've described, it seems very likely that you went through an extended period of stress to develop into the person you've become.

Next, if you seem like an INTJ or ENTJ at work, then this also supports the possibility that you are an ENFP because ENFP uses Ne > Fi > Te > Si. If you've developed your Te to a significant degree and are leaning on it at work, then your Ne and Fi will likely work in tandem to cause an Ni effect that ends up mimicing INTJ/ENTJ. ENFPs are very adaptive personalities, and this sort of development is not uncommon, especially in ENFPs who work in the 'professional' sphere.

However if this is the case, because of all of these areas of growth and development you've achieved, it is likely that you will test rather consistently as INFJ on tests that measure type based on axis (introvert vs extrovert, intuition vs sensing, thinking vs feeling, judging vs perception).

Thats all spot on. I did go through a long period of stress and came out the other side a much stronger and better person in pretty much every way. I have also always considered myself to have a strong thinking function.

A test that attempts to measure the specific cognitive functions, like this one, may help disambiguate your type.

I have done the test again and tried to choose more one way than the other like you suggested and heres what I got:

INFJ
85%

INFP
82%

ENFP
77%

ENFJ
74%

INTJ
72%

ISFP
66%