Conversion from a INFJ to a INFP | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Conversion from a INFJ to a INFP

they've consistently tested me INTJ as equally as INFJ...

Oh no, they've infiltrated. Get sad while you still can.

Reactions: Free
Well... that's not interesting.

Te (Extroverted Thinking)
(95%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (25%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (35%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - entj

Reactions: Free and Wyote
For me the functions test was definitely the deal breaker. For months, perhaps years (back when I had only a very casual interest in Myers Briggs) I'd just tested as either INTJ or INTP on general tests like 16personalities and the like. (My very first result was INTJ but on the cusp between J and P.) It's only when I took a functions test for the first time that I realised I used Ni way more than Ne, and Ti way more than Te. And at the time I really had no idea how to subtly rig my answers to get the "desired result" because, well, there was no "desired result" then. I didn't know the detail of the difference between Ne and Ni, Te and Ti, etc. so I think I answered pretty honestly in a way that might not be repeatable now given all that I know.

I think that within that framework it's possible to evolve in learning to use certain "natural" functions better if they happen to have been repressed or slightly underdeveloped. I'm enjoying Fe-ing these days. But yeah, completely shifting in function stacks such as would happen in moving from INFJ to INFP doesn't seem likely. I'm going to tag @dogman6126 here because he recently updated his type from INFJ to ENFJ and knows quite a bit about the extent to which people can shift between types.
Some of these tests give wonky results. 16Personalities told me I was an ISTJ once :crazybounce:

I used to think of you as ISTJ. Especially after you told me that you were more punctual than your ISTJ colleague. :tonguewink: Joke!

Well... that's not interesting.

Te (Extroverted Thinking)
(95%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (25%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (35%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - entj

Interesting. I would have expected slightly higher Se and in our discussions about Napoleon you clearly used Ni in a way that suggests it has good potential to be developed even further.

Last edited:
I don't believe in Myers Briggs but I'm going to take a cognitive functions test because I enjoy the depth of this rabbit hole.
Use your Te Pin. Concerning yourself with something you don't even believe in is a horribly inefficient use of your time.:yum:

I want to write a novel- stream of consciousness.

Impulsive ramblings until the book is over.

I've not gotten around to it yet because frankly, one dream at a time.

I will not be used as a lab rat!

giphy.gif

There is an innate human desire to just... not comply.

It causes us so much trouble.

It is a funny thing

Reactions: Free
I'd like being an ant. Ants just work together, they do great work.

That's a lie. You just want workers that can pull eight times their weight, or whatever it is. You're a queen ant or no ant at all.

Reactions: Free and Pin
@Ren, that functions test looks rather interesting the way you describe it. Would you recommend any which gave you a good result? (All the tests I've taken so far have always given me INFJ but having the extra information wouldn't hurt..)

Reactions: Free, Wyote and Ren
@Ren, that functions test looks rather interesting the way you describe it. Would you recommend any which gave you a good result? (All the tests I've taken so far have always given me INFJ but having the extra information wouldn't hurt..)

Sure :) The "eye opening" functions test for me was the IDRlabs one - in the sense that it was the first I took, and so probably the least biased. But I've heard that Keys2Cognition had the best reputation for accuracy. You also have similarminds which I took more recently along with a few people from the forum. You could try one of them and share results here.

I want to write a novel - stream of consciousness.

Impulsive ramblings until the book is over.

Here's an extract from the book you haven't written yet:

"this morning I dreamt a dream the Emperor I was yes the Emperor and there in the distance worshippers but before then work yes work and the top will be reached if work then yes for the people but power first because freedom is power not just power it's absolute for the Emperor that one day yes one day I will be there is no other way Te-dom for the win destiny is created by those who can create it the strong the powerful the overman I shall become"

;)

"this morning I dreamt a dream the Emperor I was yes the Emperor and there in the distance worshippers but before then work yes work and the top will be reached if work then yes for the people but power first because freedom is power not just power it's absolute for the Emperor that one day yes one day I will be there is no other way Te-dom for the win destiny is created by those who can create it the strong the powerful the overman I shall become"

;)

Pin, God-Emperor of MBTI.

@Ren - big thank you for including these sites. I actually did a couple of the tests although didn't get to post until today. The results were interesting and had me thinking about the function breakdown for a few hours the day I took them. :)

The first test gave me results I expected to see though the second one had me pinned as a Ne-Fi split which surprised me. You are definitely right it is better to take these without knowing why each question is being asked and what you will get by providing one answer over another.

func_2.PNG

Attachments

• func_1.PNG
    func_1.PNG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2