Conversion from a INFJ to a INFP

Zen

Community Member
Oct 7, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
All my life I have tested INFJ but recently I thought to myself I sould take the test again.

Wow! I took both test 2X and I am now an INFP. Is that even possible?

I hope so because I am changing forums. Lol!

INFP

Introvert(72%) iNtuitive(16%) Feeling(47%) Perceiving(9%)
  • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (72%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (47%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
MEDIATOR (INFP-T)
infp.png

No one can stop you from dreaming!
MIND
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
19%
81%
INTROVERTED
ENERGY
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
84%
INTUITIVE
16%
NATURE
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
17%
83%
FEELING
TACTICS
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
39%
JUDGING
61%
PROSPECTING
IDENTITY
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
47%
ASSERTIVE
53%

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
One or more tests is wrong.

According to the MBTI framework, you are only one type, and you can't change type either.
It is possible to mistype though, and this is common.

It's unlikely, especially considering that INFJ and INFP don't share any of the same cognitive functions.

Some of these tests give wonky results. 16Personalities told me I was an ISTJ once :crazybounce:

First of all thank you for your quick response. What test do you base yourself on and would you mind sharing?

First of all thank you for your quick response. What test do you base yourself on and would you mind sharing?

Only function theory can give security. No tests required.

Agreed with @Ginny - I've taken any number of tests that result in INTP, but the reason I am confident in that assessment is from learning about the cognitive functions and how they drive MBTI theory.

There are plenty of good online resources to teach you more about the functions and which ones match your preferences. I can also recommend some good books on the subject (if I plug A.J. Drenth anymore he's gonna need to start paying me royalties).

Barring that, a simple "am I INFP or INFJ" google search brings up a whole host of material that could prove useful. :wink:

Bye Felicia! Lol!

"Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'," and, as it was used in the Friday scene, is generally intended as a dismissive kiss-off.[1]

Well you are a s** o* a b****!

Kiss off M***** F*****!

Reactions: Free and Wyote
"Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'," and, as it was used in the Friday scene, is generally intended as a dismissive kiss-off.[1]

Well you are a s** o* a b****!

Kiss off M***** F*****!

lol hey you are the one threatening to leave and go to another forum.

1599114_1.jpg

From what I've gathered, one cannot change one's type. However, in addition to issues with online tests, as has been mentioned, we do become more comfortable with and grow into our less preferred functions as time goes on, typically in order of most preferred->least preferred. This could just be time doing its thing and you growing more into yourself, thus altering test results and such. As has also already been mentioned, function theory helps quite a bit and INFJ and INFP share no functions in common in their top stack. Ni+Fe or Fi+Ne? With more research, you could discover which, if either, resonates with you more. Lastly, of course, we are all individuals and as such, aren't going to fit neatly into little cookie-cutter designations, so if something doesn't sound like an exact fit, that's not unusual at all.

It's unlikely, especially considering that INFJ and INFP don't share any of the same cognitive functions.

Some of these tests give wonky results. 16Personalities told me I was an ISTJ once :crazybounce:
Though I do like 16Personalities better than some other tests, they've consistently tested me INTJ as equally as INFJ...
:nope: :fyou: :sadlyguilty: