2 bombs explode at Boston Marathon-terrorist attack? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

2 bombs explode at Boston Marathon-terrorist attack?

I have also noted the television's scaremongering.

They're quick to pin it on terrorists -- the contextual connotation wherewith is Islamic Extremist Terrorists.

They need to make sure people keep paying attention, and that's the best way to do it.

The irony is that I think it's a lot scarier to imagine it as some kid on 4chan who feels justified in lashing out at a rotten, corrupt world... like the characters in the Matrix who felt like killing people is fair game because they're not really people, they're just 'part of the program'. It really isn't so hard to make a bomb-- I think they've proven that second year engineering students can do it with commonly available chemicals... and god knows there's no shortage of pissed off people in the world.

That said, this is absolutely horrible... I kept talking to my co-worker the other day about how these people probably spent the whole year staying in shape and preparing themselves physically, and now some of them don't even have legs. I can't think of too many things more awful than that...

Last edited:
553044_478425582230359_1468822004_n.jpg

i've heard the same and i've heard it's because this month is full of satanic dates.

The way [MENTION=731]the[/MENTION] put it - that if there were drills using live explosives then someone could have taken these and used them for real...makes sense.

I mean, as much sense as any of it makes.

But if it weren't a live exercise that doesn't make any sense at all. A real fire isn't usually started during a drill...so this 'going live' seems absurd.
The drills on 9/11 involved only the people routing air traffic, right? So where was the drill for this one that has just happened?
Why would any security do a drill on a day when the terror risk is going to be high like that of a marathon? Days, a week before...sure. But on the day?

Also I have noticed confusion between 'drill' and 'controlled explosion'.
The latter means they found explosives and blew them up to make the area safe...because they weren't meant to be there.
A drill would not actually involve explosives even for a joke/realism, would it? I'm not sure it's as easy as switching the prop gun for a real one, you know?

Unless terrorists were aware when these drills are held and devise their plans to cause as much confusion as possible. Whoever is behind them could be doing this also.

But that 9/11 had a drill the same day and that 7/7 had a drill the same day was odd. Especially that they were so closely related to what actually transpired.

Also, if humanity does get a very subtle heads up on these kind of things...who is to say it is the people causing them who let people know?
For a topic that often goes into Luciferianism and advanced consciousness evolution...the only answer that it must be the Illuminati supplying warnings seems a bit materialist and without any real evidence of who, how or why.

Honestly, I like Muir and I do read a lot of what he says and agree with some and don't get offended by much.
That being said, and I don't agree a ban or censorship is the answer, an almost awkward lack of tact was displayed in this thread...I feel.
I know it's urgent and it's important not to lose sight of what this means beyond the death and destruction...new foreign policy.

All people of the United States have a responsibility not to lose their shit now.
I think it was forgivable after 9/11 because that was so grandiose and mind-blowing but now it is time to start viewing yourselves as just like the rest of humanity.
If this attack is really blown out of proportion then it will be obvious how out of touch the American public are with reality. It's not a competition but that is exactly the point.

Honestly, I think it is because someone or a group of someones ARE jealous of the freedoms America had.
The USA is in principle the greatest nation on earth but it was an ideal, not a statement of fact...and that's where you fucked up IMO.

To many average Americans believed their own hype and the rest of the western world went along with it.
Now we have to take a step back and admit we were naive and try to establish a compromise. More laws is not the solution though.

What we lack are common values and virtues, unwritten.

We don't even lack them but we don't value them publicly as much as we value them privately.

[MENTION=5559]Quixotski[/MENTION] and re: controlled explosion

People are misunderstanding what a controlled explosion is.

A controlled explosion is when the bomb squad uses its own explosive as a precursor charge to detonate a suspected bomb.

This does not mean that the target of the controlled explosion is a bomb, or that it has any explosive in it. It could be a box of crackers, but all it means is that they found it suspicious, set it up with an explosive charge of their own, and detonated it as a way of disposing of the possible device in a controlled way.

While I understand how @muir's beliefs are expressed rather intensely and tend to put people off, @muir was engaging in conversation with @the, and was then attacked by insult out of nowhere by @Stu. @the continued to explore @muir's opinions, which encouraged @muir to continue 'espousing his ideology'. Should @Stu not be infracted for direct assault (I am not suggesting that he should be :p) or should @the for encouraging @muir's to share his conspiracy theories?

Instead of expecting @muir to show some sensitivity, which I think is what people are probably more pissed off about (though I could be wrong) then perhaps someone could have asked him clearly and politely to refrain from posting his opinions on the matter, instead of expecting him to. (I am assuming that no one did this.)

Excellent observtions!

Yes! Why didn't someone tell muir to knock it off?

I disagree with infracting Stu for calling muir an asshole. I think Stu should have told muir this thread was started to give people a chance to express their thoughts and emotions regarding the incident WITHOUT speculation on the reasons behind the incident. A new thread should have been started.

And I totally disagree with banning muir for a month due to his constant walls of text about the real truths going on in the world. Although I am retired from Admin and had no part in their decision - I still voiced my dissent. I believe this forum should be a base for presenting truths of all kinds - and for members to have lively discussions about them. Banning a person for trying to present them almost resembles my government's tactics on manipulating the masses.

Bah. I'm pissed. :rant:

Reactions: MindYourHead
[MENTION=5559]Quixotski[/MENTION] and re: controlled explosion

People are misunderstanding what a controlled explosion is.

A controlled explosion is when the bomb squad uses its own explosive as a precursor charge to detonate a suspected bomb.

This does not mean that the target of the controlled explosion is a bomb, or that it has any explosive in it. It could be a box of crackers, but all it means is that they found it suspicious, set it up with an explosive charge of their own, and detonated it as a way of disposing of the possible device in a controlled way.

How does it remain controlled if the 'thing' is indeed a big bomb?
How does the bomb-squad's bomb not just add to the existing one (double explosion all the way)?
Do they ever find out what it really was if it is exploded?

Please and thankyou ;D

How does it remain controlled if the 'thing' is indeed a big bomb?
How does the bomb-squad's bomb not just add to the existing one (double explosion all the way)?
Do they ever find out what it really was if it is exploded?

Please and thankyou ;D

They usually put it in a bomb proof container, like a blast container full of sand, or clear the area if they can't move it.

They do this for safety of the bomb squad personnel because it's often dangerous to verify the workings of a bomb in place, since it may be trapped to explode if tampered with.

They also don't use a huge explosive, just a small shaped charge. Explosives are generally stable and hard to detonate so they don't go off by accident, and are detonated by a smaller charge that is easier to set off (blasting cap, detcord, etc.)

If they don't know how a bomb works nor if they can disarm it safely, using a small explosive to set it off in a controlled way is the next best method of getting rid of it. They will also some times use a high powered rifle to shoot it from a distance with an explosive round.

And I totally disagree with banning muir for a month due to his constant walls of text about the real truths going on in the world. Although I am retired from Admin and had no part in their decision - I still voiced my dissent. I believe this forum should be a base for presenting truths of all kinds - and for members to have lively discussions about them. Banning a person for trying to present them almost resembles my government's tactics on manipulating the masses.

They're not 'real truths', and there's also very little room for debating what he presents... that's sort of the point. If you had read the link I posted, conspiracy theorists post walls of text that meander from subject to subject because that way it's too exhausting to mount a counter-argument. And at this point everyone already knows where muir stands on practically every single issue, because his arguments only ever really present one idea: that everything revolves around central control, and that the central controllers are trying to kill or enslave everyone.

-if there is a shooting/bombing/attack or anything related to guns, the government did it to justify new fascist controls (because they are puppets of the group that controls the world). There was no doubt in my mind that the moment muir saw this thread, it would be flooded with 'evidence' that 'proves' the government did it, cue Noam Chomsky, cue heavily edited videos, cue statements taken completely out of context, cue inductive reasoning.
-if the topic is food, Monsanto is responsible (because he is part of the group that controls the world), cue Noam Chomsky, cue heavily edited videos, cue statements taken completely out of context, cue inductive reasoning.
-if the topic is conflict/war, the western nation (or Israel) is responsible (because they control the world) and they are in the wrong, cue Noam Chomsky, cue heavily edited videos, cue statements taken completely out of context, cue inductive reasoning.
-If the topic is economics, then the elites are controlling the markets (so that they can control the world), cue Noam Chomsky, cue heavily edited videos, cue statements taken completely out of context, cue inductive reasoning.

There are no lively debates, because muir's opinion is always extreme and anything other than complete agreement is met with more videos and more walls of text, or I suppose accusations of being a 'shill' or 'asleep' or a 'sheep'. He never wavers, and despite all of the countless videos and reposts and rumors and truths mixed with blatant falsehoods, the idea is always simple: 'central control'-- the fascist state that is all-knowing and all-powerful, and the oppression that is always just on the verge of happening, but never actually does.

I've always assumed that some people think he's insane, and the rest either enjoy the emotional charge of being outraged, just think that anti-establishment mindsets are sexy, or have also fallen into the conspiracy mindset. The only person who is actually stupid enough to debate muir is me, and every time I do the topic explodes into 25 different directions that are impossible to follow/respond to.

I don't think he should have been banned, and to be honest I get a kick out of our 'debates' (though I can't really call them that) because it means I'm reading more/reviewing things more if only to save my precious ego. Still, I can understand why some of the mods would have been frustrated... and there were also warnings given on other threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
.....:| I don't dare to look on the previous pages...

Methinks I got the gist. On one hand as different and nonsensical muir's posts are, as repetitive his points are, I don't think he should be -banned- for that-- ignored, perhaps. Told off, perhaps. If I can't hold it I would certainly ask him to stop dangit stop.

OTOH I get this feeling that he has had enough warning from mods, enough conflict, enough clash with members; mods or no....and at this point, all I can say is, he should know better.

I asked him privately about this once; and he seemed to genuinely think he has a duty to inform EVERYONE about...things.
Personally it's interesting and ironic; this guy who fights the...invisible all-controlling secret group secretly controlling everyone, also consciously or unconsciously uses the same weapon and technique; information. Swaying information. But that's another thing.

So, yes, my thoughts; randomly, without end.

There was a bomb, right? :< let's talk about that, again.
I find it interesting that no one has come out from the incident to assume responsibility; NO ONE.

Whoever put the bombs there became a terrorist the moment they placed them, regardless.

It's absurd to question whether it's a "terrorist attack" or not. Is there some other kind of bombing of this nature? What is it if not terror? Just a regular bombing I suppose?

I think it's called "war" when governments say it's okay.

They're not 'real truths', and there's also very little room for debating what he presents... that's sort of the point. If you had read the link I posted, conspiracy theorists post walls of text that meander from subject to subject because that way it's too exhausting to mount a counter-argument. And at this point everyone already knows where muir stands on practically every single issue, because his arguments only ever really present one idea: that everything revolves around central control, and that the central controllers are trying to kill or enslave everyone.

I find it all interesting food for thought, and enjoy reading much of it.
But, I think if a group of power elites were conspiring to gain control, and create a new world order as the conspiracists claim, I doubt they would do it in a way that makes it possible to neatly connect all the dots.
It's all just too neat and tidy.

Whoever put the bombs there became a terrorist the moment they placed them, regardless.

It's absurd to question whether it's a "terrorist attack" or not. Is there some other kind of bombing of this nature? What is it if not terror? Just a regular bombing I suppose?

I've been trying to figure out a way for it to be just a regular bombing. It's been tough to think of an example, best I can do is that maybe this bomber just wants to lower the population and this is what he came up with. Who knows.

No, it's not absurd. Words have meanings and definitions for a purpose.