19 Dead over 50 injured in UK terror attack | INFJ Forum

19 Dead over 50 injured in UK terror attack

James

Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
Retired Staff
Dec 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
There was a probable terrorist attack in the UK earlier, with 19 people killed and over 50 injured. It's horrible, the attack seems to have been targeted outside an Ariana Grande pop concert, probably a lone suicide bomber attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

The type of mindset that makes an attack, on what would appear to be primarily teenage girls, is hard to imagine. From what I can gather the response to the attack was rapid, victims are being treated across 6 or more hospitals in the Manchester area and emergency plans enacted. Britain is sadly very well prepared for this kind of event.

It's too soon to know for sure what's happened. The police response, now that the public have been evacuated has been professional and calm. It seems there was one explosion, and it was external to the concert, to avoid security measures. The scene is already being examined forensically, the police and anti terror law enforcement will be going through the area, to determine what type of bomb was used, and how/who this might have involved. Every aspect will be followed up and checked on.

The Police have suggested people check twitter @gmpolice for information.

Last edited:
Britain is a very safe country. The risk of violent death in the UK is very low. The risk of death from terrorism is extremely low. There are on average less than 150 firearms deaths each year.

It's just sad that some people have such little regard for human life.

Numbers have been updated to 22 dead and 59 injured.

There was a probable terrorist attack in the UK earlier, with 19 people killed and over 50 injured.

attack, on what would appear to be primarily teenage girls,

So sick.
So sad.
Glad I'm not seeing the coverage of this on TV. Morbid.

No surprise. I'm used to this crap now, it seems like every day.

Bomber was: probably a teenager, / early 20s, mental health issues / depression, easily persuaded, needing something to prove, etc. etc... so the story goes.

And now, for my sarcastic input: this is what happens when you listen to shitty music, folks.

Edit, ISIS attack it was, NWO plan to depopulate, it is. You all should know by now that the US is funding ISIS...

British intel knew this was going to happen well before, I almost guarantee it.

Last edited:
No surprise. I'm used to this crap now, it seems like every day.

Bomber was: probably a teenager, / early 20s, mental health issues / depression, easily persuaded, needing something to prove, etc. etc... so the story goes.

And now, for my sarcastic input: this is what happens when you listen to shitty music, folks.

Edit, ISIS attack it was, NWO plan to depopulate, it is. You all should know by now that the US is funding ISIS...

British intel knew this was going to happen well before, I almost guarantee it.

@muir?

@James you and your fellow countrymen are in my thoughts.

These types of things are difficult for me to wrap my mind around. It seems more and more folks have a simple disregard for humanity. The number of them is on a scary and intimidating rise for sure.

Take care, hugs.

So sick.
So sad.
Glad I'm not seeing the coverage of this on TV. Morbid.

My impression was that the media coverage was very responsible, in comparison to the Westminster incident. Far less intrusive etc. I think they have to cover it, but it's crucial that it's never done in any way that benefits these groups, or gives them the attention they crave.

I think it's important that it's handled that way. It's awful for anyone involved, but this is only the second such incident in the UK since 2005. These groups want to spread fear and panic, and I think the best reaction is to see the risks as what they are.

Very very low.

My impression was that the media coverage was very responsible, in comparison to the Westminster incident. Far less intrusive etc. I think they have to cover it, but it's crucial that it's never done in any way that benefits these groups, or gives them the attention they crave.

I think it's important that it's handled that way. It's awful for anyone involved, but this is only the second such incident in the UK since 2005. These groups want to spread fear and panic, and I think the best reaction is to see the risks as what they are.

Very very low.

I see the other side too. It may sound paranoid but I think it plays into the hands of our governments for fear and panic to spread too. It furthers their political agenda in many ways. e.g. take away privacy laws, strengthen the so called 'anti-terror line' etc. meanwhile while many of our services and standards of living are being corroded. It's basic psychology that people unite in the face of an 'enemy' and look to be led. Our governments need a reason for being there, otherwise what use are they? So there will always be an enemy of some description around.

I'm not saying what happened wasn't appalling and should have been reported on, but also peoples emotionalism can stop them seeing the picture overall and maintaining objectivity. And the threat can be somewhat exaggerated in comparison with the bullshit stuff we have done in the middle east as well. That's just my take on it, and to be honest I haven't even properly heard the news coverage on this.

I see the other side too. It may sound paranoid but I think it plays into the hands of our governments for fear and panic to spread too. It furthers their political agenda in many ways. e.g. take away privacy laws, strengthen the so called 'anti-terror line' etc. meanwhile while many of our services and standards of living are being corroded. It's basic psychology that people unite in the face of an 'enemy' and look to be led. Our governments need a reason for being there, otherwise what use are they? So there will always be an enemy of some description around.

I'm not saying what happened wasn't appalling and should have been reported on, but also peoples emotionalism can stop them seeing the picture overall and maintaining objectivity. And the threat can be somewhat exaggerated in comparison with the bullshit stuff we have done in the middle east as well. That's just my take on it, and to be honest I haven't even properly heard the news coverage on this.

I understand what you mean. I'm in no way persuaded by our puppet prime minister, that she cares about about any of the victims, whilst she prepares to sell off parts of the nhs, and slash essential support for the worst off in society.

But I think the police, the ambulance staff, nhs staff etc are genuine in their work. I'm not going to speculate on any other issue. It's horrible for those directly affected, but I think seeing the risks in perspective helps. You'd probably be more likely to be struck by lightning, than caught up in a terrorist attack in the UK.

I see the police believe they now know who the dead attacker is, and they've already arrested another person.

But I think the police, the ambulance staff, nhs staff etc are genuine in their work.

Yes, absolutely, what a horrific thing for them to have to deal with.

Reactions: Sandie33 and James
I see the police believe they now know who the dead attacker is, and they've already arrested another person.
Dad turned to me when the news here announced that the person's are 23 years old and said "now why would someone toss their life away like that? The accomplice should be charged with 80ish murder charges, not just the 29 dead, but all the people injured too."

Dad's inner philosopher was peeking around today. I didn't disagree with his points. :(

Reactions: James
Dad turned to me when the news here announced that the person's are 23 years old and said "now why would someone toss their life away like that? The accomplice should be charged with 80ish murder charges, not just the 29 dead, but all the people injured too."

Dad's inner philosopher was peeking around today. I didn't disagree with his points. :(

Thank you for kindness and support. We know this was an insidiously and despicably planned attack. It was designed to create hatred, fear and division. It will fail.

I cried to see the hurt and harm that's been caused, the fact that those responsible see children as "viable targets" just underlines their twisted philosophy. Manchester has rallied together, blood banks had to turn away donors. Hospitals and nhs medical staff have been getting deliveries of food and gifts all day.

Taxi drivers turned up in large numbers, late at night to help people get home, free. Hotels opened up to accommodate people free, who were unable to get home. Off duty police and medical staff turned up to work to help.

There will be a proportionate, measured response in terms of law enforcement. No over reaction. The same hate filled extremists who have failed abroad, are trying to export their violent madness to the UK. It won't work.

They will be quietly, patiently, dealt with. And not in the barbaric way they treated those children last night.

Thank you for kindness and support. We know this was an insidiously and despicably planned attack. It was designed to create hatred, fear and division. It will fail.

I cried to see the hurt and harm that's been caused, the fact that those responsible see children as "viable targets" just underlines their twisted philosophy. Manchester has rallied together, blood banks had to turn away donors. Hospitals and nhs medical staff have been getting deliveries of food and gifts all day.

Taxi drivers turned up in large numbers, late at night to help people get home, free. Hotels opened up to accommodate people free, who were unable to get home. Off duty police and medical staff turned up to work to help.

There will be a proportionate, measured response in terms of law enforcement. No over reaction. The same hate filled extremists who have failed abroad, are trying to export their violent madness to the UK. It won't work.

They will be quietly, patiently, dealt with. And not in the barbaric way they treated those children last night.
Good to hear everyone has banded together. We share those tears James. I get emotional when I hear of such things anywhere in the world. I'm hopeful though, that one day will be a new day and we won't see such things in the news or in the world. Big hugs to you! <3