[PAX] - Mass shooting in an Orlando, Florida nightclub | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Mass shooting in an Orlando, Florida nightclub

I wonder if this changed any minds about the Muslim ban..

Nice to see you again.
There was a contest against letting refugees in Texas but the judge there just struck it down recently stating that "the two year vetting process for refugees was sufficient."

13417694_1159397064128056_4719697455758330511_n.jpg

Nice to see you again.
There was a contest against letting refugees in Texas but the judge there just struck it down recently stating that "the two year vetting process for refugees was sufficient."

Thanks. I'm not sure why I got such a serious infraction..

Well...let’s all be friends and promote peace.
There is already too much hatred.

I don't want to be friends with most people though and peace normally roadblocks all real solutions.

As for their being too much hatred, I disagree. Nature gave us hatred for a reason. We ought to at least understand our hatred before we dismiss it.

.....Hey look. You are going to go out and find all BS info you want. I am not your personal information hound and even if I was you would look the other way at the facts.
Live in the imaginary world that you want. Its of no concern to me. Me and people like me will continue to try and find real solutions to the real problems.

I don't want to be friends with most people though and peace normally roadblocks all real solutions.

As for their being too much hatred, I disagree. Nature gave us hatred for a reason. We ought to at least understand our hatred before we dismiss it.

Hey welcome back. Im fairly certain you and [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] are one and the same but you know what they say, the more the merrier.

Hey welcome back. Im fairly certain you and [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] are one and the same but you know what they say, the more the merrier.

One and the same?

Man...who cares?
Republican/Democrat
Both the same really when the people of this countrys' votes don’t decide who should be president or not.

If people can’t see that we’ve lost our democracy in the US they are burying their heads in the sand.

I think we can both agree on that at least.

Sorry dont buy this. You say it often enough but display aggression in an absolutely full on liberal agenda mode.
And while I am fairly passive I just dont have any desire to spend time with bs.

Well, you attract more bees with honey.

You certainly aren’t going to make many friends in a non-peaceful way...and if not friends, then at least no new enemies.

You honestly don’t want to promote hatred - or do you?

Nature gave me arthritis...nature gave my dog cancer...nature doesn’t play fair and doesn’t always have a reason behind it.

Hate is taught and then reinforced by mostly superficial or societal “differences”.

Sorry dont buy this. You say it often enough but display aggression in an absolutely full on liberal agenda mode.
And while I am fairly passive I just dont have any desire to spend time with bs.

Run away...

.....Hey look. You are going to go out and find all BS info you want. I am not your personal information hound and even if I was you would look the other way at the facts.
Live in the imaginary world that you want. Its of no concern to me. Me and people like me will continue to try and find real solutions to the real problems.

Look at the facts.
You call everything that doesn’t jive with you BS...and if it doesn’t jive with you then the links are not trustworthy or some other excuse.
Then you dismiss me because you can’t say anything else.
You can’t have a discussion without being hostile and telling me how I live in an imaginary world.
Calling the kettle black dude.

Well, you attract more bees with honey.

You certainly aren’t going to make many friends in a non-peaceful way...and if not friends, then at least no new enemies.

You honestly don’t want to promote hatred - or do you?

Nature gave me arthritis...nature gave my dog cancer...nature doesn’t play fair and doesn’t always have a reason behind it.

Hate is taught and then reinforced by mostly superficial or societal “differences”.

I want people to understand that hatred isn't wrong or immoral and that it's part of our humanity. It's an essential part of what we feel, but in modern society it's foolishly frowned upon and that causes a lot of people to ignore or repress it.

I'm certain nature designed us to feel hatred. It's not a malfunction, defect or disease.

As for it being taught, I don't think so. Could you provide an example?

I want people to understand that hatred isn't wrong or immoral and that it's part of our humanity. It's an essential part of what we feel, but in modern society it's foolishly frowned upon and that causes a lot of people to ignore or repress it.

I'm certain nature designed us to feel hatred. It's not a malfunction, defect or disease.

As for it being taught, I don't think so. Could you provide an example?

Hate is taught directly and indirectly.
Look at how white supremacists raise their kids...they raise them teaching them the values that they are superior for being white.
Same goes for some african americans...it’s not just one-sided.
Many religions...and not just Islam teach hate by separation and differences - like teaching people that the church they belong to is the only true religion...they all do it, the Baptists, Mormons, Hindus, Buddhists (though most of them aren’t as bad), etc, etc.
Hate is NOT a malfunction I agree, but there is a lot of misdirected hate happening lately...either hating a group as a whole because of perceived differences that get focused upon and magnified instead of the other way around...where we find common ground and then work to magnify that.

Hate is taught directly and indirectly.
Look at how white supremacists raise their kids...they raise them teaching them the values that they are superior for being white.
Same goes for some african americans...it’s not just one-sided.
Many religions...and not just Islam teach hate by separation and differences - like teaching people that the church they belong to is the only true religion...they all do it, the Baptists, Mormons, Hindus, Buddhists (though most of them aren’t as bad), etc, etc.
Hate is NOT a malfunction I agree, but there is a lot of misdirected hate happening lately...either hating a group as a whole because of perceived differences that get focused upon and magnified instead of the other way around...where we find common ground and then work to magnify that.

There isn't much common ground between a European/Christian and a Muslim though. It's for the best that groups with so many differences are kept safely apart and hatred gives us the energy/motivation to make that distance when it's needed. Differences have to be respected and lines have to be drawn. It's human nature to remove that which is too different because it threatens our identity, ways of life, etc. It's a kind of collective self-preservation.

Anyone who attempts to nullify our differences attempts to nullify our identities. In other words, they attempt to destroy us in an incredibly insidious manner. A human being has very little purpose without an identity and most people are incapable of creating one for themselves. Only a small percentage of humanity is individualistic enough to truly do that.

There isn't much common ground between a European/Christian and a Muslim though. It's for the best that groups with so many differences are kept safely apart and hatred gives us the energy/motivation to make that distance when it's needed. Differences have to be respected and lines have to be drawn. It's human nature to remove that which is too different because it threatens our identity, ways of life, etc. It's a kind of collective self-preservation.

Anyone who attempts to nullify our differences attempts to nullify our identities. In other words, they attempt to destroy us in an incredibly insidious manner. A human being has very little purpose without an identity and most people are incapable of creating one for themselves. Only a small percentage of humanity is individualistic enough to truly do that.

I kindly disagree.
IMHO it’s most likely the other way around having taken several Sociology and Psychology courses, not to mention I’m pretty on top of my current neuroscience.

See here is where we see things differently...you say -
Anyone who attempts to nullify our differences attempts to nullify our identities. In other words, they attempt to destroy us in an incredibly insidious manner.
I see it as just the opposite.
It is our differences that should be celebrated and explored, shared and cherished.
How is that destroying your “culture”? It would actually be promoting it because their wouldn’t be racial tension tied to it.
Call it a “pie in the sky” dream that we can rise above the pond scum and become a civilized and peaceful civilization and do it through peaceful means.
I’m not really what you would call an “optimist” either if you read some of my posts haha...I will keep on trying to make it a reality, you keep on doing what you feel is good and wise in your own eyes...because though you and I have differing opinions on many things, I still rather enjoy taking to you.
I’ll always push for peace over hostility...that doesn’t mean you don’t or can’t defend yourself...it only means you don’t promote a shoot first ask questions later attitude when it’s acceptable to do so.
Sometimes you have to react, I understand that...I’m not against reacting...I am against overreacting and over-reaching when there is a path to peace...by all means, swat the mosquito sucking your blood, just don’t carpet bomb your arm hehe.

It’s so obvious.
That’s a totally wacky claim.

Its an opinion that I think is vaild. Im getting a kick out of seeing you argue and "discuss" things with yourself though.