2 bombs explode at Boston Marathon-terrorist attack? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

2 bombs explode at Boston Marathon-terrorist attack?

No, it's not absurd. Words have meanings and definitions for a purpose.

Except in this instance because there is no purpose outside of political speak.

Political terrorist crimes being set apart as somehow more heinous than their non political counterparts is on the same level as setting apart racial murders to be more heinous than other murders.

Except in this instance because there is no purpose outside of political speak.

Political terrorist crimes being set apart as somehow more heinous than their non political counterparts is on the same level as setting apart racial murders to be more heinous than other murders.
No. Not at all.
No one here suggested that it was any less heinous at all.

Terrorism requires using terror to coerce. There is no coercion. No one has come forward yet and made demands or further threats. Calling it terrorism is politicizing the attack.

No. Not at all.
No one here suggested that at all. Terrorism requires using terror to coerce. There is no coercion. No one has come forward yet and made demands or further threats.
Yes, that is the definition. What is the purpose of it?

Any demands or threats will be revealed in due course under proper investigation, regardless of motive.

After the Oklahoma City bombing, Congress put through the Antiterrorism Act of 1996. Would they have still done that if McVeigh and his crew had set off the same bomb, but had done it just because they hated that part of town? Or because they thought the people in the building were evil and possessed by demons?

A circumstance being describable does not necessarily mean that it deserves its own special name and treatment.

Yes, that is the definition. What is the purpose of it?

Any demands or threats will be revealed in due course under proper investigation, regardless of motive.

After the Oklahoma City bombing, Congress put through the Antiterrorism Act of 1996. Would they have still done that if McVeigh and his crew had set off the same bomb, but had done it just because they hated that part of town? Or because they thought the people in the building were evil and possessed by demons?

A circumstance being describable does not necessarily mean that it deserves its own special name and treatment.
mind_blown-1.gif

What are you even talking about?

Sprinkles, why do you think the president would be so hesitant to use the word "terrorism" when addressing the nation about the attack?
Why would he not want to use that word? What is the sense in calling it that when the investigation has not revealed any motive?
Why are you so eager to jump to conclusions?

Reactions: WellNoWonder
mind_blown-1.gif

What are you even talking about?

Sprinkles, why do you think the president would be so hesitant to use the word "terrorism" when addressing the nation about the attack?
Why would he not want to use that word? What is the sense in calling it that when the investigation has not revealed any motive?
Why are you so eager to jump to conclusions?

Motive is irrelevant. That is my only conclusion here.

Edit:
And furthermore, if I were somehow in charge and demands were made, I'd see that they never got out if I could help it. Damnatio memoriae - condemnation of memory. Such things don't even deserve to be heard.

Last edited:
I personally think someone should have asked muir to stop if they felt offended by what he was posting. If he continued afterwards I could agree with a temporary ban. No warning though is kind of harsh. Although to be perfectly honest If you can't handle other people having views that are different than yours without getting upset you really need to do some introspection and figure out why you can't cope as a mature adult. That being said, this whole situation is saddening and I am deeply appalled that anyone would do something like this. Of course things like this happen around the rest of the world on a more normal basis. Either way it is messed up. My heart feels great empathy for the victims, their families, and their friends. I apologize if my bluntness offends anyone.

I personally think someone should have asked muir to stop if they felt offended by what he was posting. If he continued afterwards I could agree with a temporary ban. No warning though is kind of harsh. Although to be perfectly honest If you can't handle other people having views that are different than yours without getting upset you really need to do some introspection and figure out why you can't cope as a mature adult.

There was a warning on the North Korea thread-- and it's not that people can't cope with muir's opinions, it's just that the walls and walls of text and video smother rather than promote discussion. At best, they steer the topic in a direction that makes muir the center of attention and serves as yet another platform for his anti-establishment/conspiracy mindset.

Reactions: Love_Conquers_All
Didn't read the North Korea thread so I wasn't aware. I would just think that he seems to be a well established member of the forum so if someone were to ask him to stop he would. From what I read it seemed like there was at least one person asking him questions about his thoughts. No one asked him to stop in this thread and then he was attacked personally. It just seems like injustice, I'll be sure to check out the other thread though.

The police apparently just shot one of the people involved-- they've also pretty much confirmed it was a terror attack by someone from abroad.

Last edited:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-explosions-heard-as-boston-manhunt-continues
Update at 10:20 a.m. ET. How Did "A Beautiful, Beautiful Boy" Get Involved?
"It's stunning," of hearing that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is the fugitive who's suspected of being one of the young men who planted the bombs at the Boston Marathon and now of being involved in deadly gun battles with police. "I had the prom party for that class in my back yard," she says of Cambridge Rindge & Latin High School students, who included Tsarnaev and Young's nephew Zolan.
The fugitive, she says, was "the light of the party ... a beautiful, beautiful boy." But when she saw the photo released early Friday of a suspect robbing a convenience story, she could tell it was him. Young's family has known Dzhokhar Tsarnaev since he was a young high school student and she saw "no sign of this ... no sign."
Update at 9:55 a.m. ET. "I'm Shocked," Says Friend Of Fugitive:
If anyone says that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's "character, attitude ... or activities that he did daily" would have indicated he was likely to bomb the marathon or engage in shootouts with police, "they're absolutely lying," says a friend of the fugitive. Zolan Young, nephew of WBUR's Robin Young, spoke with Morning Edition moments ago. He's known Dzhokhar Tsarnaev since they were both in high school.
"I can't emphasize how much a courteous guy he was," Zolan Young said. "This was someone that I could always count on." The last time Young heard from Tsarnaev was during this year's Super Bowl, when Tsarnaev texted him to ask if Young was having a party.
"I'm shocked," said Zolan Young. "This is one of my friends."
Update at 9:40 a.m. ET. Who Are These Brothers? Some Clues On Social Media:
As people search for information about the suspects, they're coming on some interesting material on social media sites. Bear in mind: It will be hours, if not days, before material on such sites can be verified. One that's getting particular attention: of a young man identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the suspect who died after a gun fight with police. This caption is under one photo: "Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: 'I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them.' " There's (we're seeing his named spelled as "Dzhokhar" in other places).

By the way, while this was all going on, CISPA was quietly passed by the US House of Representatives despite the fact that it concerns, oh I don't know, US citizens and their privacy. Interestingly, there's not much about it on mainstream media in the US. In fact, most of the people reporting it are either the UK media or alternative media sources. BBC news briefly discussed it here. You can find other articles about it here, here and here. I just find that very strange

Three tragedies in one week.

Reactions: arbygil and Kgal
There are no lively debates, because muir's opinion is always extreme and anything other than complete agreement is met with more videos and more walls of text, or I suppose accusations of being a 'shill' or 'asleep' or a 'sheep'.

Or outright statements that there are INFJ-Haters bent on destroying the forum which the mods allow him to state without consequence. So if you do manage to try and have educated debates he falls back on the tactic of claiming that person shouldn't be here because they hate INFJs.

[h=1]What Were Private Military Contractors Doing At the Boston Marathon?[/h]
Yesterday, Infowars.com posted images of what they referred to as Navy SEALs in civilian field gear lurking at the finish line of the Boston Marathon where two bombs killed 3 and injured hundreds.

It turns out these men were Blackwater-like private military contractors from Craft International, according to investigative journalist Anthony Gucciardi of StoryLeak.com.

The two mercenaries were wearing typical field gear of khaki tactical pants, combat boots, black coats, and carrying suspicious backpacks. But what really gives them away as Craft International mercs is the hat with the Punisher-like symbol on it.

http://consciouslifenews.com/private-military-contractors-doing-boston-marathon/1154649/

Do you think they were there for security?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-explosions-heard-as-boston-manhunt-continues

Update at 2:59 p.m. ET. Dzhokhar's Twitter Account?
A classmate of Dzhokhar tells NPR's Andy Carvin that the twitter account was indeed his. Another classmate .
Here's what that account tells us, according to NPR's Social Media desk:
— He has been active since the bombing, last tweet on Wednesday
— He tweeted "aint no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people" on the day of the bombing
— He tweets about Chechnya and being proud to be from there
— He tweeted lots of music lyrics - Eminem, Peter Frampton, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney
— He may have been a 9/11 truther, based on tweets

Dzhokhar also appeared to have an Amazon Wish List. Among the items on it, books on how to forge driver's licenses and books about Chechen history.

Do you think they were there for security?

Nothing but flailing speculation. Come on, all these conspiracy sites are just as bad as the mainstream media for sensationalist half-truths and veiled, unjustified logical leaps.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/04/19/pol-boston-marathon-bombings-aunt-toronto.html
The aunt of the two suspects in the Boston bombings says she doesn't believe they were involved in the crime and says the FBI has no evidence other than pictures of the two young men walking on the street near the finish line.
Maret Tsarnaeva, who lives in Toronto, told CBC News by phone Friday that she hadn't yet contacted her brother Anzor, 46, who is the father of the two men, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
"My nephews cannot be part of this terrible, horrible act that was committed in the streets of Boston," she said.
"I know these two nephews — smart boys, good boys — they have no motive for that. They have no ideas to be going to this kind of act. It's just not the case, it cannot be true."
Tsarnaeva said she has lived in Canada since 1996 and had studied at the University of Manitoba, obtaining a Canadian law degree. She said she hasn't seen her nephews for five or six years.
However, she said she spoke to the oldest, 26-year-old Tamerlan, two years ago when his daughter was born, and then again a year ago.
She said Tamerlan is married to a woman that she described as a Christian, and that he's been staying at home taking care of his daughter while his wife worked. About two years ago, she said, he became more interested in his Muslim faith, and started praying five times a day.
Tsarnaeva said she isn't ready yet to believe Tamerlan is dead. She also said she spoke to someone at the FBI on Friday morning to tell them she believes there is no evidence against the the two men and that they are innocent, but that authorities have not contacted her.
It's because of the Chechen connection, she said, that her nephews are being targeted, but she pointed out that the two had spent only a year in Chechnya when the family attempted to move back. Dzhokhar was a toddler at the time, she said. Once war broke out, they left and eventually ended up in the U.S. as refugees in 2002.
Tsarnaeva said she keeps analyzing and thinking about the evidence authorities have on her nephews.
"They are allowed to walk on the streets of Boston," she said. "They live in Cambridge, Norfolk street, which is five minutes from the cross-border between Cambridge and Boston. It's Monday, they are walking, maybe, you know, walking around for their business. Backpacks? How can this be suspicious, carrying backpacks? At the age of these boys."

Tsarnaeva, who became a Canadian citizen in 2003, explained that there are four lawyers in her family: herself and three of her siblings, including Washington lawyer Ruslan Tsarni.
"And now he is being questioned about these two boys who he admired so much," she said. Ruslan Tsnari has been telling American television stations that he wished his nephews never existed.
Tsarnaeva said that her brother Anzor, the father to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, lives in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a a republic in southern Russia. Dagestan borders on Chechnya.
Tamerlan, she said, visited Makhachkala a year ago.
She described Anzor as "very soft-hearted", a man who, when their father was "blown to pieces" in an unexplained incident in a car in Kyrgyzstan, was "paralyzed" with grief for four days to the extent that he couldn't move. She also said that Anzor was the victim of a beating on the streets of Boston, adding that she did speak to him a month ago.
Tsarnaeva said the family was born in Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan but their ethnicity is Chechen. Chechens, she said, have always been persecuted. "All together, we've been tossed around. Deported from here as Nazi collaborators, then there, then here. Enough," she said, her voice raising. Her siblings became lawyers, she added, "to protect ourselves."
When the FBI released pictures of the two suspects Thursday night, Tsarnaeva did not see them and only learned of her nephews' involvement Friday morning. As the interview ended, she seemed to be reeling from the news, murmuring, "My God, my God, my God."
Update at 2:22 p.m. ET. 'A Setup':
Radio Liberty, an overseas news service funded by the United States, spoke to Anzor Tsarnaeov, whom they and the AP identified as the suspects' father.
According to an English translation by Sergei Sotnikov, a producer at NPR's Moscow bureau, the father said he could not imagine his sons doing such a thing.
"Knowing our children — you see we know our children — if a person didn't pray how he can go and blow up or something... I don't know. I have never seen either explosives... nothing," Tsarnaeov said. Later in the interview he said this was a "setup."
This is very much in line with what the suspects' aunt, Maret Tsarnaev, told NPR's Joe Shapiro.
"This totally doesn't make sense to me," she said, adding that authorities had not released definitive proof that these were the people responsible for the Boston blasts.
"Tamerlan and Dzhokhar never were extremists," Tsarnaeve said. "Never had enemies. Never had any — of course everybody has opinion on every issue. But does mean that you live with it, and you would go for a heinous ugly act? Like happened on that marathon street in Boston. And again, all I can see these two boys are walking on the street."

Last edited: