Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

We drain ourselves by focusing on trivial, stupid little things that don't really matter (but we like to think otherwise). We are emotionally fragile, our biggest weakness, everyone around us notices this and is quick to take advantage of it.
We don't know when or how to stop being too nice to S types who are unworthy of our attention.
We are stuck inside ourselves like a silent scream because we can't relate with people around us.

Reactions: David Nelson
1. We jump to (the worst possible) conclusions
2. We live on an alternate plane of consciousness from the masses. They'll never get it.
3. We sadly wonder why people can't be nicer and more understanding of others.

I especially agree and relate with "We care more about others than they care about themselves."

Reactions: Blind Bandit
We drain ourselves by focusing on trivial, stupid little things that don't really matter (but we like to think otherwise). We are emotionally fragile, our biggest weakness, everyone around us notices this and is quick to take advantage of it.
We don't know when or how to stop being too nice to S types who are unworthy of our attention.
We are stuck inside ourselves like a silent scream because we can't relate with people around us.

About focusing on trivial, stupid things, I relate and feel your frustration thinking of all the time we waste! Take heart though because as I'm a lot older than you I'm now having some synchronicity in my life. And to my surprise some of the things I thought were trivial weren't and things I thought were important weren't! It's really neat when you can look back at a series of seemingly unrelated events and see it come together.

1. You'll never experience the overwhelming awesomeness of being ISFP.

Reactions: poetrygirl and Faye
I can't give you any more reputation, Quin. For some reason, I reinforce your awesomeness too often, I guess

I can't give you any more reputation, Quin. For some reason, I reinforce your awesomeness too often, I guess

That's ok, it's already pretty well reinforced and self evident as it is.

We have to actually admit to ourselves that we are human.

At 28 years old, I'm way behind in relationship stuff

I'm the only one who notices how people are doing - most of the time others are clueless to those around them

Not many people are happy to communicate like me - over some coffee/a drink - it's always gotta be an 'event' with people.

Love is a dream, a fairy-tale that others live but will remain a fantasy for me

I always get left behind/forgotten and no one notices I'm not there. Makes me feel like not even trying anymore - what's the point if people don't care if I'm there or not.

I notice you Wyst!! :hug: And I care if you're here. :smile:

1. We find it difficult to take compliments (or do we? :eek:)
2. We are obsessed with possibilities.
3. We (or is it just 'I') get anxious when posting my thoughts as 'facts' ;_;
4. We feel indignant over little things, then feel guilty for feeling so.
5. We are perfectionists in a way.
6. Sometimes the guilt and the ability to notice other's discomfort/sadness/irritation leads to spreading ourselves too thin.
7. We're pecemakers (?)

Or so I think ^^"

Last edited:
Despite occasional frustrations I reckon that it's pretty wonderful to be a living, breathing human being, and no matter what label I may apply to myself, or that other people may apply to me, I'm glad I'm here. I wish for everyone who is feeling unhappy with who they perceive themselves to be, to find happiness. It's everywhere you look for it. *hug*:m045:

I know a great reason to be an INFJ, 'cuse here, it's one big happy family, and you also have friends like me.

While there may be a curse to INFJ's, there is also the most unique and special traits that exist in humans inside of all of you.

I care about everyone one of you, just like you care for me. If I could, I'd build a whole city with my own two hands (and power tools) so that every one of you could live together peacefuly.

I love you all! Try to stay positive!

:m045:*hugs* :mf:

1. We find it difficult to take compliments (or do we? :eek:)
2. We are obsessed with possibilities.
3. We (or is it just 'I') get anxious when posting my thoughts as 'facts' ;_;
5. We are perfectionists in a way.
6. Sometimes the guilt and the ability to notice other's discomfort/sadness/irritation leads to spreading ourselves too thin.
7. We're pecemakers (?)

Or so I think ^^"

#4 is very much me. I get angry at myself for having negative reactions to things...it's like I don't want to allow myself to be angry at people. #5 too. I'm not super neat, no. I'm a judger more in the sense of how I plan my actions with people or my future-oriented mind. And until recently I couldn't take compliments. I just kinda forced myself to, athough I typically disregard them unless they really really touch me.

also, as an infj, do you find that when you do give compliments, people percieve them as odd?
It's probably because we notice such random things...

My friend got a bit confused when I randomly pointed out he had nice eyes that reminded me of the eyes of a wolf ^^"
I have a habit of complimenting strangely, yes.

I can't even count how many times people told me 'not to make life so difficult for myself', but then again, they may be right

1. We can be too self-conscious
2. Because of our fears of getting hurt, we always tend to 'protect' ourselves, and thereby miss opportunities in life

But:
Despite occasional frustrations I reckon that it's pretty wonderful to be a living, breathing human being, and no matter what label I may apply to myself, or that other people may apply to me, I'm glad I'm here. I wish for everyone who is feeling unhappy with who they perceive themselves to be, to find happiness. It's everywhere you look for it. *hug*:m045:
I agree. Amen :m183:

For me, one of the biggest things why it sucks to be an INFJ is that I take too many things too personally... and another one is that I feel guilty too easily. Social interactions are also quite difficult for me sometimes and usually when there are too many people present, I tend to withdraw.

But anyways... I love to be an INFJ though.

Reactions: ImDivergent
1. I feel other people's feelings in addition to my own.
2. I get other people to talk to me about themselves and then I can't get them to stop and I feel responsible for them and their feelings.
3. I'm a perfectionist and I have expectations of myself that I can never meet.
4. I'm constantly analyzing the world and people around me.
5. I try to find meaning in everything.
6. I have strong values and principles and I can never live up to the level I set for myself which leads to feelings of self loathing. And other people don't understand me because they don't have such passionate values.
7. I am idealistic and cynical at the same time.
8. I never delegate, thinking I can do everything myself, and do it perfectly. Which of course I can't.
9. I keep everything inside.
10. I trust my intuition, even though it is sometimes wrong.

Oops, was I only supposed to list 3 things?

i wish i had an internal typewriter in my vocal chords that transcribed my thoughts into words and a polaroid in each iris to print my mental images into coherent pictures

in other words, being verbose yet unable to articulate in words to give that faculty enough credit due to the vastness of our inner phenomena which require time to surface and assemble.