Who feels comfortable with eye contact? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Who feels comfortable with eye contact?

I don't often feel comfortable with eye contact because I don't want to share my feelings and I know that my eyes will give me away and make feel vulnerable. How bout you?

It depends on the person I'm talking to. Some people have a perma-stare that follows your every movement like they're going to gobble you up. That sort of eye contact makes me super uncomfortable. And while I don't usually mind meeting people's eyes, if the conversation is giving me some indication that they're following my every move or change of emotion with their eyes, I get self-conscious.

I don't mind people going with the flow, and interpreting my speech from my body language and eye contact, but I have a big problem with people sizing me up like they're just looking for a way to exploit weaknesses or purposely intimidate me.

I Totally hear you there, it's amazing how often that happens. I must live in an area where there is a conglomeration of emotional exploiters! AGHH

i often have the feeling of overpowering a person when i look into their eyes and being simultaneously overwhelmed by what i am intuiting through theirs. it is hard for me to maintain a rather matter-of-fact and steady gaze that i find many S-types are naturally able to do.

^^ This.

I'm not afraid to look in others' eyes, but I'm keenly aware of how my direct eye contact can make others uncomfortable. People usually get pulled into what I'm saying when my intuition is on full blast. That part does make me uncomfortable though; when I'm focused on someone they usually really, really listen to me. And when I realize I'm being heard and obeyed it humbles me.

I have some trouble with it, it sometimes can make me feel uneasy.

It depends on the situation for me. I can go either way really it just depends on how I am feeling about the person. If I want to get out of talking to you I will not make eye contact.

I make eye contact at all times unless I am talking to a person that averts their gaze a lot. I feel it gives me a better idea of what they're thinking and how engaged they are in the conversation at a whole or the current topic at hand.

If I feel that I'm being overengaging with a person (or can see that they are uncomfortable), I'll normally excuse myself to the bathroom or something, and come back a little calmer and not so intentive on their every whim lol.

It depends on the person I'm talking to. Some people have a perma-stare that follows your every movement like they're going to gobble you up. That sort of eye contact makes me super uncomfortable. And while I don't usually mind meeting people's eyes, if the conversation is giving me some indication that they're following my every move or change of emotion with their eyes, I get self-conscious.

I don't mind people going with the flow, and interpreting my speech from my body language and eye contact, but I have a big problem with people sizing me up like they're just looking for a way to exploit weaknesses or purposely intimidate me.

Sometimes I worry if other people think I look at them too much.

I'm not nearly brave enough.

I like looking but if someone is peering into my eyes I always avert mine.
It's scary for me.

I don't have any sort of fear or aversion to it. I mean, when it's natural, I look people in the eyes, but I don't really actively notice when I'm doing it anymore. Just like I don't really actively notice that I'm reading people until I have to unravel a person to someone else.

But I do notice when I avert my gaze -- it's not because I don't like looking at people or feel vulnerable or anything. If I'm trying to come up with an answer or think on something, etc., then I'll look away because I'm connecting with my internal self. Ti and Ni on overdrive, if you will. Looking someone in the eye forces my focus outward, and it kind of cuts off that process. It'll take my Ti train of thought and it'll kick in Fe or Se, or maybe even a Ni+Fe combo, which is not what I'm going for.

In other words, if I'm thinking, I can't look people in the eyes because it makes me lose focus :B

I constantly avoid eye contact with people I'm not close to because it makes me feel vulnerable.
I'm fine having eye contact with close friends and family because I don't think about being vulnerable around them.

Because of the way my mother yells at me for doign somethign wrong, I can't look at people incase they think i'm glaring at them or something. I don't like talkign much either, but I speak so quietly that i have to repeat myself over and over until people know what i've said. I only feel comfortable talking with a select few people, but even my closest friends I hate looking at them in the eye.

I don't have a problem with eye contact. I feel uncomfortable NOT making eye contact.
I agree. My preference is to make eye contact with someone when I'm talking with them.

I love eye contact. There are heaps of morons out there that believe no eye contact and loss of contractions means you're lying. So I maintain eye contact and use my contractions all the time, lying or not.

It's nice to fuck over people who believe they can tell a lot about you by your appearance and, expression and behaviour.

I love eye contact. There are heaps of morons out there that believe no eye contact and loss of contractions means you're lying. So I maintain eye contact and use my contractions all the time, lying or not.

It's nice to fuck over people who believe they can tell a lot about you by your appearance and, expression and behaviour.

Knowing about these signs, really makes you a danger to the people around you.

I also know how to fake a polygraph.

It's been statistically proven though that polygraphs are only correct a mere 50% of the time, so you might aswell flip a coin...

It depends on the person and on my mood.
If the person is intense then I find it hard to make eye contact and the same goes for when I'm not feeling too good. I find intense people very difficult to talk to without sounding really squeaky anyway XD

Today I have avoided eye contact and conversation and connection- Today I don't feel comfortable with eye contact. :m197:

I don't like eye contacts at all. Oh well... I would probably like them if they weren't always so difficult for me to maintain. Don't know why it is so hard but it just is...

I think it's easier to look my family members in the eyes but if a person is unfamiliar for me I feel very uncomfortable to establish an eye contact with them.