Which types do you dislike/have trouble with? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Which types do you dislike/have trouble with?

sciski said:
*joins the love boat*

*Sings theme song*
Love, exciting and new ... Come aboard ...We're expecting you.*

Free Mojitos at the bar ... be on the look out for the smooching bandit ... :? :mrgreen:

ESTJs and ESTPs

ESTJs most especially, I cannot stand them. They seem to always want to take control of a situation even when they don't understand anything about it. Control is their main desire, not Power. Control is one of the hardest possible things to do good with, and they don't seem to understand how to let go. Cannot stand them at all.

I don't have troubles with any types, because I am not the most judgemental person (despite being a weak J. I think I am a J because I don't like surprises and am an early-starter.). I have a tendency to have "I-am-always-right" feelings, so I don't think I am qualified to dislike types who won't bother to consider other perspectives. I gradually have controls over these undesirable feelings, hope I can fix my shortcomings.

That said, I don't have much problems with the stubborn ones. I think, though, I will have problems with controlling types (ESTJ, it seems?) and uber-extraverts who talk incessantly to overpower me. I find controlling uber-talkative extraverts disgusting. I have problems with ISFJ as well, because my mother thinks I need to be controlled, watched, and taken care of.....Sensing-vs-Intuition conflicts may occur because of different sets of interests, but I think I can work them out somehow.

entyqua said:
Im not sure about this because im just learning how to type people with out knowing their type...

okay, i'm relieved to read this (although it was little while ago): i'm sitting here feeling pretty ignorant, not knowing how everyone else seems to be really adept @ reading folks' types. is it just from experience? would others here say they've read a lot re: typology? i'm really new to this--only found out my own type a couple of years ago & am still rolling around in the ecstasy of realizing that there is a reason i am the way i am! :D but seriously, any pointers/reading suggestions on how you're able to distinguish between types would be really appreciated by me...

I have trouble with S-types in general.

I also have occasional trouble with P-types, especially in close quarters.

I also tend to have trouble with a lot of S's, but ISFJ's are high on my 'dislike' list, and my mom is completely responsible for that.

I thinklmy mum is ISFJ, is there anything particular she does that bothers you?

In my own experience, there is no type more frightening than the ESFJ. They tend to turn dogma about anything into very strong feelings. They have no problem saying the most hurtful things - both in personal contact, and on the world stage.

Very true G. Kai

Yeah, S-types in general I have a lot to put a lot more effort into :p

I don't have much trouble with most people because I usually don't connect much with people that don't have the right vibes to them. If I don't get along with someone, then I just become a bit passive and deal with the situation until I can withdraw to somewhere more inviting...
But there are times where I have to actually deal with people, unfortunately. Mostly, I have trouble with people who are too ridged or too judgemental. My roommate is INTJ, and she's very sweet most of the time, but it drives me crazy that as soon as you start talking about things that she doesn't want to hear, like any political idea that goes against what she already has set in her mind, she stands unmovable as a rock and will not listen.
I don't like forcing my opinion on people, but it bother me when people refuse to listen to anyone...

So yeah. I don't dislike any specific type, though...

Although I think ESTPs just have a bad rap; they can be real bastards until you get to know them, and then they're the funnest people to be with. :B

I had an ESTJ friend, although I and probably him didn't even consider it a friendship. I was on the phone with him for 30 seconds and he got so impatient with my supposed indecisiveness that he hung up; haven't talked to him since.
The couple ENFP's I know seem to be too scared to even answer the phone when I call and/or call back.
ISFJ's like to play 20 questions.

In my own experience, there is no type more frightening than the ESFJ. They tend to turn dogma about anything into very strong feelings. They have no problem saying the most hurtful things - both in personal contact, and on the world stage.

This is most helpful to read. I was just recently talking to a friend who I believe is ESFJ (and who I feel strangely able to talk to about personal stuff) and she was trying to talk to me about spirituality and philosophy, and everything I said was turned around on me, and I felt like crap afterwards. She looked so smug too, and it bothered me to no end.

Mostly I have difficulty with S types, and E types, just because we are so different. I have problems with virtually anyone who doesn't use Ni and is not open minded. But I don't dislike any types in particular. There are only about three people that I know that I truly dislike. I even still like my ESFJ friend.

(And I too am still learning about typology. Just by being on forums like this and reading and surfing the internet I have picked up a lot, but there's so much to it. . .)

ESTJs and ISTJs, although it's more often that they have a problem with me and seemingly go out of their way to make it my problem. I'm getting better at 'killing them with kindness'. Bless them.

Thats so true. My mom just ughhh could rip me down in a blink of an eye.

I always thought the F was a bad letter for them because they aren't what I would consider F in the sense than an INFJ is.

This is most helpful to read. I was just recently talking to a friend who I believe is ESFJ (and who I feel strangely able to talk to about personal stuff) and she was trying to talk to me about spirituality and philosophy, and everything I said was turned around on me, and I felt like crap afterwards. She looked so smug too, and it bothered me to no end.

Mostly I have difficulty with S types, and E types, just because we are so different. I have problems with virtually anyone who doesn't use Ni and is not open minded. But I don't dislike any types in particular. There are only about three people that I know that I truly dislike. I even still like my ESFJ friend.

(And I too am still learning about typology. Just by being on forums like this and reading and surfing the internet I have picked up a lot, but there's so much to it. . .)

I have to agree S and E are probably the people I have to work hard at.

I also get tired of people who really high T or have Fi.

As another poster mentioned INFP's inability to get past one idea makes them so very unpractical. And thats saying something sense I doubt any INFJ's would be considered practical.

Last edited:
ESxJs. And ESFPs especially because I just can't stand flakiness or the attitude that life is one big party.

I think ESTPs are actually pretty awesome, just not when I'm exposed to them for long periods of time.

And the majority of my friends are ENTP, ENFP, INFP, or ISFJ.

ENFP, INFP, INFJ

Those are the most reoccuring.

ENFP, INFP, INFJ

Those are the most reoccuring.

Wait you have trouble with your own type?

Can you explain that bit?

Wait you have trouble with your own type?

Can you explain that bit?

I can understand that. I get along with other INFJ's very well. However, I am friends with only a few. that is because we think similarly and are slow to approach others and are kind of distant to each others at first. I don't have problems with our type at all though.