Which types do you dislike/have trouble with? | INFJ Forum

Which types do you dislike/have trouble with?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
I've found that I have trouble with...

1. ENFPs
2. INFPs
3. ENTJs
4. ISTJs
5. INTJs
6. ESFJs

I don't really dislike any types, but I do have difficulty relating to Fi types.

Reactions: Jexocuha
ESTJs
ISTJs
ESFPs

So far, only the ISTJ (my bro in law and a few coworkers) and the ESTP.

My best friends are ENFP, INFP, ISFJ, ENTJ.

ISTJ and INFP.

It's not that I dislike them, it's just that we seem to speak different languages. There are a few ISTJs in my family, and they are so quick to scorn and shoot down all of the things that I find exciting, inspiring, and amusing.

With INFPs, it's a matter of my extraverted feeling versus their introverted feeling, which can be quite a wide gap. The INFPs that I've known have very strong, deeply-held inner values and principles, and to compromise them in any way (example: Being against capital punishment, but voting for pro-capital punishment Barack Obama anyway) would be unthinkable. My INFP friend went from idolizing Obama to hating him for this very reason: Voting for him would be a "corrupt" (his word) act.

I'm just not comfortable with that kind of rigidity.

ENFPs and ES types.

ESTJs can be annoying, especially if you are doing something they don't consider "normal" but generally I don't dislike people based on type I'm sure there are good people in all of the types.

CokeNut said:
Kwistalline said:

:(

Oh!! :eek: Oh no!! :cry: I'm ammending that right away!!

Only the all the ISTJ's I know, and the one ESTP who is male I'm related to who thinks he is "The Godfather" of my family!

Oh, Cokenut!! I could never dislike you! If I had a rose, chocolates . . . you speak for yourself on this forum. You are anything but malicious (as he is)!

Kwistalline said:
CokeNut said:
Kwistalline said:

:(

Oh!! :eek: Oh no!! :cry: I'm ammending that right away!!

Only the all the ISTJ's I know, and the one ESTP who is male I'm related to who thinks he is "The Godfather" of my family!

Oh, Cokenut!! I could never dislike you! If I had a rose, chocolates . . . you speak for yourself on this forum. You are anything but malicious (as he is)!

Aw shucks .... :D

I think the difference between me and other ESTPs is that I am older and have lived three lifetimes in a very short time. I have the capacity to be malicious, but I have learned from my mistakes and the kindness of those that surround me and so I do make an effort to be kind whenever possible.

*runs off to eat the goodies and put the roses in water*

Stone said:
ESTJs can be annoying, especially if you are doing something they don't consider "normal" but generally I don't dislike people based on type I'm sure there are good people in all of the types.
Yeah, my mom is an ESTJ. When I phrase something right, she completely understands. When I err, I either run or pucker up for a few lectures.
Depends on your perspective of "good", but I've come to believe that all types are equal and that a mature person of any type can be agreeable.

The only types I have had trouble with are E's who make it their mission to change me.

As an E myself, its wierd to me that other E's would want to change I's. Like I've said in the past, you guys are my foundation, what the heck would I do with myself if I didn't have I's in my life to calm me?

I only have problems with ESxJs when they're telling you not to do something they're blatantly doing. Lack of self-awareness = :evil:

Otherwise, ISTPs confuse me, but I don't have problems with them. All the other types are just fine with me - especially INFPs. :)

Yanno, I generally get along well with most people, but have recently encountered someone who I have to work at getting along with. She's (I think) ESTP. Complete polar opposite.

ensign_m said:
Yanno, I generally get along well with most people, but have recently encountered someone who I have to work at getting along with. She's (I think) ESTP. Complete polar opposite.

Boy oh boy ... my people get a really bad rap! LMAO - folks either love us or hate us :roll:

CokeNut said:
ensign_m said:

Boy oh boy ... my people get a really bad rap! LMAO - folks either love us or hate us :roll:
*huggle* love.

Just want you for your fast paced fun loving action side though :p

Lurker said:
CokeNut said:
ensign_m said:

*huggle* love.

Just want you for your fast paced fun loving action side though :p

*joins the love boat*

I know two IRL - I love both of them. We don't always see eye to eye or are able to communicate seamlessly, but we like each other immensely. It's as if we both subconsciously know each others' weak points and make an effort not to prod them. Instead we keep encouraging each others' strengths. It's nice. :)

ENFPs are the only ones I've not really got on with AND been able to type. I'd imagine the people that have been a problem for me were ESTJs and ISTPs but I'm just guessing.

Im not sure about this because im just learning how to type people with out knowing their type...

I have trouble with STs often... Particularly STJs, because they won't try to understand a different point of view, and they can't put themselves in other people's shoes (which is IMHO one of the biggest barreer to progressing as a human race)... Of course there are exceptions. I get along with them as long as it doesn't go into some kind of debate (which limitates the exchange).

On the other hand, I have a lot of ESFP friends. They give me energy, and they don't judge me. Of course when I'm looking for profound debates I'll find someone else :geek:.

I agree with Elizabeth on INFPs. A lot of my friends are INFPs and it's the only problem I have with them. Somehow, they seem to get so focused on an idea/belief they won't consider the rest of the informations as much, for ex. My ENFJ best friend is sometimes like that too. Things are black and white. To me there are so many shades of grey.