Which types do you dislike/have trouble with? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Which types do you dislike/have trouble with?

It does seem that people see the mbti as some sort of alignment system in an rpg game.

Reactions: acd
This coupled with the thread about killin' folks to save the planet. I'm not much feelin' the vibe here lately. Rather, I'm not much diggin the vibe here lately..

Nor am I.

I suppose you can't blame the mbti, some peole will use anything to define new "in" groups and "out" groups, like stars on their bellys.

Indeed you can't blame MBTI. When used correctly it can bridge gaps between personalities that might not otherwise get along.

im sure most INTPs are very nice but, there is an INTP at school who follows me around everywhere and just lies about her interests and other stuff to my face to get me to like her. its very annoying, she doesn't seem to understand why i have strong feelings for certain things. she annoys me because she pays no thaught to anything. but i put up with it

INTP's : you of all people would appreciate that reality isn't negative - it is just reality.

MBTI will be used like everything else, to define, but also to separate. There are many things it is good for, and many uses as well, but things like this will always come up.

I avoid some threads. Killing people for the sake of the planet is a very gray-area topic, and I think about stuff like that enough without having to depress myself even more over it. Stuff like this thread is interesting to see the correlation, but no one should read too much into it.

MBTI, like all things, requires some sorting by the self. If you don't like certain parts of it, then don't get involved in those parts, I'd say

Just out of curiosity, why is it when things are positive nobody has a problem then when things turn a bit negative everyone panics. It's like there's an internal drive to 'avoid' the negative, let's not think about the negative, the negative is horrible.

I don't see how you [ generic] can justify being so into the postive without diving into the negative. You need to know sad to know happy. In order to understand the defintion of postive, I think you'd need to experiment with negative.

Agreed. I avoid threads that I know might frustrate me to unhealthy levels. The titles alone are enough to make me not want to engage.

And slant, I don't think it's necessarily wanting to avoid all negative things. Negativity is a part of everyone's every day life. But if you don't *have* to engage in it, why should you? Why put yourself through it if you don't want to? If it doesn't benefit you or anyone else to fight, why fight?

And slant, I don't think it's necessarily wanting to avoid all negative things. Negativity is a part of everyone's every day life. But if you don't *have* to engage in it, why should you? Why put yourself through it if you don't want to? If it doesn't benefit you or anyone else to fight, why fight?

You would fight because if there is no conflict and disagreements life is boring and lacking excitement and adventure.

You would fight because if there is no conflict and disagreements life is boring and lacking excitement and adventure.

There's a balance, though. And excitement and adventure can be had - you don't have to get into a debate just to have some excitement in life. Heck, I get excitement by finishing a book (either reading or writing). I get excitement seeing something I've never seen before. I wouldn't call my life boring, just because I don't get into disagreements with folks.

Plus, I tend to pick my battles. I'm not in it to win it - I'm in it to learn. And if I feel as if I'm right and the other person is wrong, then it's not a battle I want to be part of because it'll end in stalemate - and neither person goes away with any benefit.

I'm just good enough at breeding my own negativity. And yes, I enjoy some negativity, but I also tend to be morbid so it doesn't do much good to override my system with the negatives.

INFJs tend to be mystical and believe in a bunch of made up things. They get lost in fantasy and are always babbling about things that don't make sense to me and are not important. They enjoy making assumptions and also don't check out the facts on their assumptions, most of the time. They live on feelings and when they 'get a feeling' nothing stops them from believing in this feeling, even contradictory evidence. INFJs for sure get on my nerves.

The only thing I do like about them is their distance and head-in-the-clouds attitude that makes it easy to dismiss them and ignore them. It seems like INFJs aren't conforntational; so if you do something to them, unless it's extremely severe and they 'blow up', usually they'll ignore it and won't start a conflict. Which I enjoy very much, because conflicts with INFJs are intolerable. They bring out how all of these things and events made them feel, and an angry INFJ often goes for personal attacks in which they attack a person's character.

I can, however, be around INFJs. Usually they just wander off and we ignore each other. Which is O.K. for me.

i can totally totally vibe with that. i be your results with the Cognitive Development would show your T to be very strong. i even occasionally test INTP (of which i identify with but not as strongly as i do INFJ and its values).

i have trouble with S's and communication but i dont have a problem seeing people for who they are and while i dont think i could ever be that way, i see the purpose in their ways of being.

that being said, quite a few key players in my life (my stepmom, my husband) have been ISTJ's and the relationships have been very very destructive. no deliberate hurt in my relationship with my husband but the discord in my marriage and then the lack of understanding/communication between us has single handedly destroyed our relationship. he loves me, tries so hard to be what i need him to be, but he is unable to see what i need him to be and accommodate that.

having recently identified what made some people so much easier to communicate with than others (N-ness), i can honestly say my life is far easier and more fullfilling than it has ever been.

if i can understand how it works, i can accept it. if i can not, its difficult to accommodate.

MBTI is a tool and only a tool. you can say about types but they are, at the core, just people. :) as with any tool, (see David Keirsey's description of tools!), it can be used for the greater good or not.

(BTW that doesnt sound like a proper INTP... i think many people are lazy though not INTP, perhaps INTJ??? under socialized ENTJ?? but find they would like to be that unfeeling and chilly when they really arent.... completely misunderstanding that INTP's can be some of the most passionate individuals ive ever met. their passion simply isnt about people oftentimes. beware when they DO turn it on a person -grin-)

This is how I think of MBTI types in relationship to the actual person:

Attachments

• MonaLisa Mosaic.jpg
    MonaLisa Mosaic.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
  • van-gogh-self-portrait Mosaic.jpg
    van-gogh-self-portrait Mosaic.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reactions: gloomy-optimist
Good comparison! :)

I suppose you can't blame the mbti, some peole will use anything to define new "in" groups and "out" groups, like stars on their bellys.

Star Bellied Sneeches!!! What a good reference.. :)

and yes, I agree that MBTI is but a tool, much like a dictionary, or thesaurus.. *which i love* In the end, an individual, is individual.

I find that I tend to be drawn to people who can inspire me versus those who spread doom and gloom. I was having lunch with two of my co-workers and all we talked about was Wisconsin cheese, custard, websites, and koi. That was a great conversation because I learned something that I never knew before.

I don't like to deal with those who complain about the same old shit everyday.

I've had bad run ins with an ESFJ, ISTJ, and an ESTJ. The ESFJ was mind numbingly dense. The ISTJ was mind bogglingly ridiculous. The ESTJ was an arrogant jerk (that's putting it very, very nicely).