What do you think you were born to be? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do you think you were born to be?

What do you think you were born to be?

It doesn't have to be fate, etc. Just a question of, what do you think, in your opinion, were you quintessentially born to do or be? Doesn't have to be a profession or calling, just something which reflects what's unique about what you have been able to uniquely contribute in your way to the world.

For example, I don't think i was meant to be a leader in a traditional sense of the word, but i think i have an emotional leadership style. I think i was born not to teach but to use what i know to facilitate emotional learning whether directly or indirectly.

All of the thoughts I had regarding this question distilled down into one statement:

I was born to see the hidden spark of love in people and fan it to brilliant light....which in my mind...is simply the result from loving people for who they are.

[URL="http://forums.infjs.com/[MENTION=2926 said:
Bird[/MENTION]"][MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION][/URL];464297]Solar wind.

My soul is near the end of its journey and in a
few lives my soul will transcend from organisms
to that of solar wind. The supreme existence.

Here's a beautiful effect of the solar wind. You will create beauty, even in that form, too.

Attachments

• Peter-RosAcn1_strip.jpg
    Peter-RosAcn1_strip.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2
I don't really like the idea of being born for something, of having a destiny, a purpose, etc.
It just feels kind of limited and restricted.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

I don't really like the idea of being born for something, of having a destiny, a purpose, etc.

[MENTION=3072]Royal[/MENTION], Really? I think about my destiny all the time and tend to feel very strongly that certain things are meant to happen. What about dying for something?

I don't know what I was born to be, since I have free will,
and there are many ways one could fulfill a life purpose.

As for what I'm supposed to do, I think I am here to....

...achieve wisdom rather than collect knowledge.

...connect with the universe beyond the mundane.

...turn facts into perception and insight.

...counsel and impart what I learn to others.

...understand.

I am so excited I am waiting patiently but I
really don't want to. Though I know I must.

I can understand this. But, when you are sixty or older and look back you may perceive a resonance between your talents and the paths you will have taken in life. Self actualization--if you're fortunate, this will happen to you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm5DPlNCmtk"]YouTube - Born to be wild - Steppenwolf[/ame]

Obviously

[MENTION=2926 said:
Bird[/MENTION];464318]I am so excited I am waiting patiently but I
really don't want to. Though I know I must.

[MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION]
Yes - you must wait.:nod:
You may need to learn something here on this world before becoming the solar wind.
It does affect the earth after all...

Attachments

• solar_wind.gif
    solar_wind.gif
    122 KB · Views: 0
I can understand this. But, when you are sixty or older and look back you may perceive a resonance between your talents and the paths you will have taken in life. Self actualization--if you're fortunate, this will happen to you.
Yeah, but it doesn't mean you were born FOR that, just that you like/prefer to do something.

To really answer the thread I would say an entertainer, but not because I was born to entertain, I just like it... well finally no I didn't answer. I was definitely not born to be a writer -.-

Some sort of creator. Probably an artist. Or a dancer. Or a writer. But everything in me wants me to create things.

A mountain goat that can somehow log on to internet discussion forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie and not sure
I was born to systematically destroy and recreate myself until I find a way to reach my tentacles beyond the limitations of individual experience -- to change minds and make beauty, starting with myself and moving outwards

I was born ...to die. But before this, to live. But the way of living and who I am, I was born ...to find it out.