What do you do (if anything) to exercise. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do you do (if anything) to exercise.

Jumping jacks, curls, pushups, situps, sometimes riding a bike, katas. I find swimming to be great (in theory) because it seems to be both a cardiovascular (like running) and strength exercise rolled into one.

I don't exercise as much as I should (on average one or two low intensity workouts a week)
Wii Fit is pretty fun, although I think I like DDR better (even though I'm horrible at it! :lol: ). I'm waiting for Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 to be released. It sounds cool even though the early screenshots show really really REALLY bad graphics. :(

As for exercise, I own a stationary bike and a Gazelle and a trampoline, but my preferred workout is Turbo Jam. I'm working my way up to P90X. Yes, I am a workout video junkie. :D
DDR is crazy fun! And exhausting too, in a good way. :D

Last edited:
....competing with 60 year olds when trying to "run";-)

...I am working with a trainer once a week who is coming with ever new nice "torture methods" to my home and once a week I either spend some time on a stationary bike listening to my favourite music or having my nose in a book while excercising or go running (which always makes me laugh somehow especially when a 60 year old is overtaking me without effore looking great and relaxed while I am already catching my breath)

well I used to do gymnastics and ballet haha, hence, nowadays I go to the gym once in a while but lately I haven't had the time because I've been too much of a studyfreak.

Although, I walk to school everyday :)

I ran track for years and worked really hard but my breathing problem was never solved even though other people weren't having issues as soon as me. Oh hi2u asthma. :( It's so embarrassing. We had to run a mile for PE once at the beginning of high school, and because it was for a grade I pushed myself. Turns out an hour later I was still gasping for air and light headed ~_~

Now I don't do much.. walk a lot everyday since I've no car at school. Exercising in front of other people is ugh to me.. so I'm milking the metabolism of my youth while I still can keke.

I wait till everyone is out of the house. Turn on the music. Dance:mhula: and clean.

In order from the most often to the least often: walk briskly (I walk A LOT and FAST), dance, hit the gym.

I have decised that physical activity (push-ups, walking instead of driving, etc.) will be the outlet/distraction I use when some of the negative aspects of being INFJ start playing up.

In other words, exercise and fitness are not an end, but only a means for me. Consequently, the happier I am, the flabbier I get.

I would be going to the gym 4 - 5 times a day but I had 2 teeth pulled and a bunch of caveities doen lately so I dont feel like doing anything. I would like to think that when I get back from overseas I will take up ballroom dancing again or tae kwon do (or alternate) but that is if my legs dont get blown off.

When I was able to go to the gym I alternated a cardio routine with weight lifting.

I didn't start losing weight initially, but I lost lots of inches. Size 14-16 to size 6-8 (depending on the brand). I was more pissed about not having anything in my closet that fit since I'd gotten rid of all of my pre pregnancy wardrobe, than I was about not losing 'weight'.

I was a compteitive swimmer growing up and would jump in the pool and to work on my stroke techniques and stuff. I loved my swimmers physique as a teen and was so stoked to get it back, for awhile anyway.

It took a while to get into exercising. But I noticed I had more energy, was a bit more upbeat. Hubby was pleased that my sex drive took off. There is no way I am taking 4 kids to the gym by myself so I've not been in awhile. Ah well. I know how to pick it back up and I look forward to doing it.

When I was recruiting at the fair we had a rock wall to climb. We used to guess what people did as they climbed and swimmers were easiest to guess since thier lats are so big.

Mum bought a vibrating pedestal that shakes you about to lose fat.

It's got a good theory behind it, and... no fuck it, it's awesome fun to stand on this thing for 10 minutes at the highest setting and try and stay upright.

Unfortunately though, after two goes on it, it's shaking the shit out of me. Quite literally, I had to rush to the toilet afterwards.

My school was 4 miles away, so I used to ride around the 8 miles a day on my bicycle.
Besides that I don't rly exercise, but my problem is that I don't gain weight.

I want to gain weight in a healthy way but that’s not really working....

I used to run from the cops with my Juggalo friends, but now I've got some serious walking long distances I do instead.

I walk a mile a day. That's it.

Mum bought a vibrating pedestal that shakes you about to lose fat.

It's got a good theory behind it, and... no fuck it, it's awesome fun to stand on this thing for 10 minutes at the highest setting and try and stay upright.

Unfortunately though, after two goes on it, it's shaking the shit out of me. Quite literally, I had to rush to the toilet afterwards.

hahaha i've seen those advertised

Like apparently a lot of other people here I DDR every now and then. Mostly though, I just diet.

When I'm at school I lift and run/bike ideally 2-3 times a week (probably more like 1-2). When I'm at home, I run and bike, usually for half an hour or so, though I've been really lazy lately. I've lost like 6-8 lbs the past month or so just sitting around on this computer. I wish I could go lift here.

Currently a quick morning exercise routine for 10 minutes.
Aikido martial arts class two times per week and jogging 5-10 km on weekends.

as many pushups as I can, every morning

i walk absolutely everywhere

dancing (not formal)

I've been in competition prep since the middle of May. I do weights every other day, and twenty minutes of HITT on my weight days off. In two weeks time, my trainer is going to bump up my cardio to every day.

Reactions: Wyst