What do you do (if anything) to exercise. | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What do you do (if anything) to exercise.

Dance, perhaps for an hour, two hours, but maybe for twenty minutes? Who cares as long as I get in a select few songs.

If I'm not well that day then I just do my stretches and toning exercises though I suspect those are all myths. MYTHS! :m071:

I also walk/bike a lot just to recharge the ole batteries because I live in a basement suite and it is pretty dark down there.

I had a gym membership because of ringette and it lasted all three years of high school. I went in and out of phases of using it... but I was always the youngest one there by a long shot so I often just felt awkward and weird. Not to mention I was heavier in high school so I struggled with my body image quite a bit then. Never going to a gym again, thanks!

I started lifting weights randomly in the gym about 5 years ago. Had no clue what I was going but it was fun.

About a year and a half ago I seriously began doing free weights. I guess the closest term for it is strength training - but I don't really have a complicated routine.

I used to hit the gym 4 days a week. I went from 130lbs to 145lbs in about a year. These days I'm on a maintenance routine so I'm only lifting about twice a week, mostly due to a busy social life I used to not have.

I *really* need to start taking yoga. The only thing I actually do right now is stretch. I have issues with sore muscles and for some reason naturally stretchy muscles, so my body pretty much demands I stretch on a regular basis.

swim,

landscaping, gardening, walking, as well as my job which involves cleaning 26 offices and exam rooms and four bathrooms - including vacuuming and mopping all the floors.
so yeah, i'm pretty much tuckered out after that.

To keep my arms in good shape, I pull weeds with a hammer. A heavy hammer. I have three mirrors along the wall in my living room, with a step for step aerobics. I combine things. I used to have a stripper pole in my living room, and my western saddle up on two speakers, kind of like a carousel ride. I would practice trick riding. Then I got my filly and put my stripper pole on my boat, to use as a wakeboard pole. I dance different styles. I do my own aerobic work out. Plus I help run a ranch. Three horses and a pony (with attitude) are a workout.

i can't wait 'til the pool is open.

for how it's stairs, weights, and leg lifts.

I bike for an hour three nights a week and walk a few miles every night, and occasionally go somewhere to swim. I don't take in too much food so this has worked well to keep me more or less fit and able.

I wish I could swim : (

Lately I'm a weight lifting/Pilates junkie. I also adore yoga, but I do it more to relax than to exercise.
I also do a lot of walking and I almost never take the elevator regardless of what floor my destination is.

I wish I could swim : (

So do I! I mostly do it for the weightless feeling when underwater (there is a serene beauty in an ocean's depth-less silence) and the fun body movements. It's like water gymnastics ^.^

So do I! I mostly do it for the weightless feeling when underwater (there is a serene beauty in an ocean's depth-less silence) and the fun body movements. It's like water gymnastics ^.^

Going underwater is indeed the best part!
Except when you are put there against your will because you came to the beach at high tide XD
I like doing kicking exercises with a board; or just using a kickboard in general.

Going underwater is indeed the best part!
Except when you are put there against your will because you came to the beach at high tide XD
I like doing kicking exercises with a board; or just using a kickboard in general.

Bahahaha, I've had that happen. As a kid, I thought I'd been hit by tsunamis and couldn't understand why I didn't see bits of houses under the water...then the waves would recede for a sec and I'd laugh and jump in willingly.

I think of penguins when I see kickboards - they're like air gliders without wings ^.^

I swim, too. I love swimming. I also ride motocross, I ride jet skis ( not the couch on the water ones, my is a waveblaster, built for racing and wave jumping.) And this year I am going to get up on that damn wakeboard, or I am going to drowned trying.

Cardio like a motherfucker.

When the weather agrees with me, hiking like a motherfucker.

I run/jog regularly
Dont have a car and everything I need is walking or public transit distance, but I don't count that as exercise so much, even though I deliberately try to leave my house daily to at least take a stroll outside.
I like to dance when I have the time.
I like a lot of things but that's about it for now.