What do you do (if anything) to exercise. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do you do (if anything) to exercise.

I do about 35-minutes of cardio 3-days a week. This consists of a 10-minute warm-up on an Elliptical machine, 5 or so minutes of stretching, then 25-minutes or so on a Recumbent Bike.

Two of these days I also do weight training. Right now I am trying to put on a few pounds of muscle, so my training consists mostly of about 2-sets of 8-12-reps at 70-80% of my max with 2-second holds and up to 5-seconds on the last rep. I go around the gym and then repeat each machine with the 8-12-rep at least one more time. This lets particular muscle sections get a break while I am working on other sections so that I don't accidentally overwork them. Working out is often like eating, in that one should eat at a moderate and steady pace because it can take a while for the stomach to get the food and for one to feel full. Otherwise, it may become easier for one to overeat and, then, of course get less benefits from the food etc.

After I put on these few pounds of muscle I then plan to move back to weight training that works out my muscles' flexibility by doing many reps and less weight. Because, my ultimate goal is to have healthy/lean and flexible muscles that don't interfere with my movements and also don't look bulky and robust; however, I would like to put on a few more Ibs. of muscle before I begin this.

I walk everywhere. Well almost. I park at the student center and walk to where I need to go normally and then I would walk to clear my mind.

Here's my exercise regime:

Warm up: Drive to the grocery store. Shop. Drive home. Carry all the bags in yourself, 5 in each hand, calling out "Hello? Can you guys come help? I've got a lot of groceries!". Do 5 reps.

Abs: Bend to pick up socks, straighten. Continue on to shirts, pants, towels, boxer shorts. Place in laundry basket. Navigate past dogs, dog toys and cats to stairs (this really works your obliques!). Haul downstairs, keeping your spine straight. Bend and lift and shove and bend and lift and shove all the laundry into the washer. Push button. Repeat again with Dryer.

Glutes: Bend over dishwasher and extract drinking glasses keeping your legs shoulder width apart. Straighten. Reach up to the irrationally-chosen top shelf you can barely reach... stretch... stretttttch... set glass down. Repeat 23 times.

Arms, Legs and Upper Body: Wrestle lawn mower out from crawlspace under the house. Really use those biceps, it's not really stuck to that old dog crate. Be sure to remove all spiders and spider webbing before proceeding. Pull starter cord. Swear. Pull starter cord again. Swear. Pull starter cord again. Swear with a better word. Switch arms. Pull starter cord. Sob. Pull starter cord again. Cheer. Mow 2 gently rolling acres, working those obliques again to steer around trees, shrubberies, more dog toys, and those pesky invasive fire ant hills so they don't envelope you and leave your polished bones scattered across the lawn. The neighbors won't like that. Tip: Be sure to do this at midday in August when it's a flippingbillion degrees and there's no shade. You'll really sweat off the pounds!

Cool down: Fall to your hands and knees and pant till your head stops spinning, then crawl into the kitchen and drink from the dog's water dish to rehydrate.

You've done it! You GO girl! See you tomorrow!

Fun stuff...But Aye-yi...I hope people aren't really thinking that everyday movements actually replace real cardio/muscle exercise. Cardio requires usually at least a BPM of 155+ for 20-minutes 3-days a week, and muscle requires usually at least 30-minutes of at least 30% max 2-days a week. lol good luck everyone.

Fun stuff...But Aye-yi...I hope people aren't really thinking that everyday movements actually replace real cardio/muscle exercise. Cardio requires usually at least a BPM of 155+ for 20-minutes 3-days a week, and muscle requires usually at least 30-minutes of at least 30% max 2-days a week. lol good luck everyone.

Mine was a joke :)

Don't exercise at all unless it is part of a hobby.

I just started strength training, previously just cardio and mainly running. Now, I do strength training for about 40 to 45 minutes three times per week followed by 30 minutes of cardio each time. On my off days, I either do cardio or yoga.

I just started using the stair master, which I find to be more difficult than the ellipticals.

Walking up and down the stairs! - b/c of school
Now that's what you call exercise! :D
And the streets too.

I take the elevator, and I eat on the way up. Ha. Seriously though, I don't exercise. Ever. If you find me running, I'm either frightened or excited (or both.) It shows, and I don't like that, but I plain don't like physical activity. Well, unless it's a prerequisite of something interesting, like a nature trail. Or cuddling. Cuddling burns calories! You can't deny it. I dare you.

I am not a physical person, and don't crave exersize at all. Not to mention the idea of going to a gym is mortafying to me (much too embaressing).

BUT I do get exersize! DDR and skiing!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Strength training, Like a stress ball for your whole body, good for the Central Nervous System.

I do 5x5 of every excerise, so Monday chest/triceps. Tues Squats, Wed. back and Biceps, thurs squats, friday, for half an hour i go hard with pushups-and situps.

Each day can take up to 45 minutes, But luckily my brother has a gym in his garage with everything :)

I was never into exercise, but the constant internalizing of stress landed me in a bad way. SO now I try to get in 30 minutes on the elliptical 5-6 days a week, then add in pilates, yoga, and strength training. Whenever I have time I go kickboxing, but since I moved I am an hour from the nearest facility.:(

I HATE gyms. They are so uncomfortable! SO I bought all my own equipment, and I always bought private time and instruction at the kickboxing facility. I am lucky that my insurance gives cash back on fitness equipment.

If I don't exercise, my drepression and anxiety symptoms flare up and I have major pvc episodes. :faint:

*sigh* I miss ddr.
My workouts are usually 5 to 6 days a week. Up until about 3 weeks ago I was pushing 2 hours a day, then I managed to injure a tendon in my arm somehow so the doctor told me I had to cut out weights. I've just started in on weights again, and on very low weights too, but I can still feel that damage, bleh.
Anyway, a short work-out is 1/2 hour cadio and about 50 crunches (like, if I slept in and have to do it on a lunch break). A regular work out is 40 minutes to 1 hour of cadrio 20 minutes of pilates abs stuff, leg work (about five to seven minutes, just some lunges, jumps, and wallsitting), and upperbody/back weight work. Yeah, a good workout for me is between an hour and 15 minutes and an hour and 45 minutes. I don't really ever want to push it over that.

I'm a bit intense with my workouts because I'm still 'overweight' according to the charts (at least I'm not 'obese' anymore).

I ride bike every sunday

okay, not every sunday, but 1 sunday a month :m080:

Exercises

I used to go to the gym, but often I would hit a plateau and get comfortable. Plus I would not be so motivated being in the gym. Last year I bought p90x program. It pretty much a series of dvds on all types of exercises designed to keep pushing you to your limits. Has a lot of hardcore weight lifting exercises which I used to hate. But now I enjoy it a lot more and also the added cardio, yoga and core synergistic workouts all are kicking my butt into summer bikini shape. This time around I kind of want to be in top knotch shape...just want to see how far I can push my body.

Also started running. This winter I had an appendectomy so I gained ten pounds and lost a lot of muscle tone I had. Working out at home is great for me. Even if I can just do 30 min here and there, mentally I feel good.:mhula:

When I am at school (which is the vast majority of the time), I go to the gym about twice a week, and my workout includes a small amount of flexibility, some lifting (basically aimless lifting), and then 20-30 minutes of bike and/or treadmill cardio. I would like to go at least 3 times a week but I don't.

I don't get enough exercise and I am not in as good as shape as I would like to be, but I'm not bad.

I get up from in front of the computer, walk over to the coffee-maker, pour a coffee, put some sugar in it, stir, walk back to the computer, sit down.

I'm not a physical person (...except in one particular area we won't talk about :censored:) and I've never had to exercise. I'm 6 ft., thin (31 in. waist), and since I was 16, I've fluctuated between 135 to 140 lbs.

Occasionally, I walk to the fridge.

I get up from in front of the computer, walk over to the coffee-maker, pour a coffee, put some sugar in it, stir, walk back to the computer, sit down.

I'm not a physical person (...except in one particular area we won't talk about :censored:) and I've never had to exercise. I'm 6 ft., thin (31 in. waist), and since I was 16, I've fluctuated between 135 to 140 lbs.

Occasionally, I walk to the fridge.

Bastard!

*jealous rage*

Toss up / Combo of Running, Weight Room, Situps, Pushups, Pullups.

Bar Exercises are fun too.. it really just depends on the day