saddesting thing you lived to see | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

saddesting thing you lived to see

the photographer is human, and therefore, flawed. the whole situation was sick, to me, the impossible choice, the bigger events. the photographer has my pity.

There is a big differnce watching death in a video or in a picture compared to witnessing it with your own eyes.

Last edited:
I've seen enough death first hand, but usually in those circumstances, the people are very old, and suffering. They often have acceptance, although it's their families who take it the worst.

I've seen enough death first hand, but usually in those circumstances, the people are very old, and suffering. They often have acceptance, although it's their families who take it the worst.

A corpse dosn't cry, a communities does.

Last edited:
A corpse dosn't cry, a communities does.

Indeed, I just deal with the dynamics around it at work, its often as sad as the actual loss. Especially when I am a shoulder to grieving parents who are faced with having to bury their child.
Posted via Mobile Device

yes for real, I have seen a number of people die 1st hand in my life.

Did you try to do anything, while watching these people being killed?

Personally It would have to take a mob of people to hold me down while watching someone being murdered in front of me, even if it was someone that I didn't like.

I couldn't live with myself If all I could do was watch and not do anything.

How HOW could he take that picture and leave?????????? I would have scooped that child up and ran him to the shelter!!!!! Whta kind of sick person walks away? What kind of Sick assed frigging society gives a Pulitzer for it? It should be revoked!!!! sick sick sick!

Seriously? You do realize that the kid in the picture is not the only starving kid in Africa, right? And you do realise that the photographer must have encountered hundreds if not thousands of starving kids there all over the place.

How can one choose which kid to save and how many to leave behind? It's not an easy choice like you (and the rest of the people whining about the inhumane photographer) are making it to be.

No one is even giving a shit about all the kids that aren't in the picture, as if that's supposed to make a difference.

Last edited:
Indeed, I just deal with the dynamics around it at work, its often as sad as the actual loss. Especially when I am a shoulder to grieving parents who are faced with having to bury their child.
Posted via Mobile Device

one thing i'm not looking forward to doing when I become a preacher is funerals, there arn't any classes for that, no amount of greek or hebrew will console the loved ones of the lost. It's gping to be a real learning experience.

On another note though no less morbid. A friend of mine left for Africa to study and act as a missionary, the worst thing he saw was not the starved or the uncred for, but instead he had to watcha child sacrifice, and he couldn't do anything about it. he had to sit and watch a child be killed.

I watched a guy have his head cut off with a blunt knife after about ten minutes of boring religious arabic droning... My thoughts were "Boring, hurry the eff up. I wanna get to the good stuff".

It's like nothing phases me anymore.
I saw one of those when I was about 14. Shocked me to hell. It might not disturb me so much now but remembering the feeling it gave me back then certainly disturbs me.

I never understood why the guy waits patiently, I would have done everything in my power to stop them and at the worst make them have to shoot me rather than decapitate.

one thing i'm not looking forward to doing when I become a preacher is funerals, there arn't any classes for that, no amount of greek or hebrew will console the loved ones of the lost. It's gping to be a real learning experience.

On another note though no less morbid. A friend of mine left for Africa to study and act as a missionary, the worst thing he saw was not the starved or the uncred for, but instead he had to watcha child sacrifice, and he couldn't do anything about it. he had to sit and watch a child be killed.
Damn. Yeah that goes on in Uganda a lot, they burnt one 'witch' in kenya a while back too.

Where the hell is God for those people?

Damn. Yeah that goes on in Uganda a lot, they burnt one 'witch' in kenya a while back too.

Where the hell is God for those people?

This should be better fraised where the hell is God in those people, and that's partially the fault of Christians, though not entirley.

This should be better fraised where the hell is God in those people, and that's partially the fault of Christians, though not entirley.
Oh you youre saying that because these people do not have god IN them - ie they are not Christians - God leaves them to their horrid fates. I never knew of a father to act in such a capricious, cruel way towards his children. It certainly makes me wonder why God, who created everyone and everything, is so selective.

Reactions: testing
Oh you youre saying that because these people do not have god IN them - ie they are not Christians - God leaves them to their horrid fates. I never knew of a father to act in such a capricious, cruel way towards his children. It certainly makes me wonder why God, who created everyone and everything, is so selective.

+ over 9000

Although I've seen quite a few sad things online/in videos, seeing my dad in hospital with a fractured skull was probably the worst. He had loads of tubes in him and couldn't speak and he wasn't even sure where he was. It was just really weird seeing someone so close being in that position and being powerless to help.
Thankfully, the story had a happy ending, and, despite getting throat cancer, he recovered and has changed his ways (he was an alcoholic), so I guess some stories do work out in the end.

I can only hope many of the other stories will end like this one.

The realization that most things my parents said weren't only not credible, but most of the statements were anti-credible!

don't put words in peoples mouthes, it's rude and inappropriate. please leave this thread, I've no want to debate this with you.

Did you try to do anything, while watching these people being killed?

Personally It would have to take a mob of people to hold me down while watching someone being murdered in front of me, even if it was someone that I didn't like.

I couldn't live with myself If all I could do was watch and not do anything.

I wasn't in a position to do anything in a meaningfully helpful way.

Oh, it should be something I have witnessed first hand. OK. Well, when I was an embalmer we had the body of a 32 year old woman who died from Cirrhosis. Her 12 year old daughter picked out her grave site and the dress that her mother was to wear. The sad part was that the child wasn't sad that her mother was dead...she was relieved. Her mother drank herself to death in the span of a year.

Then there was the man and two small children that burned in a house fire. We buried them all in the same casket. There just wasn't much left.

Then there was the 28 year old suicide. The mental hospital released him to go home on Friday and told him to come back on Monday for shock therapy. (His insurance wouldn't cover the weekend.) He shot himself in the head the night he got home.

Oh...and the guy who died from AIDS whos mother was so ashamed of having a gay son that she told everyone that he had cancer.

I must not forget the mother of a young man killed in a car wreck who wore her son's hat (still covered in brain bits, blood and hair) and refused to take it off. She also scotch taped her eyelids open....she was strange.

I could go on and on......

Going to my best friend's funeral after he committed suicide had to be the worst experience of my life. It was even worse when his mother blamed me. However, she can't blame me more than I blame myself.