Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
kinda goes without saying.

I was ten when the planes struck the twin towers, i didn't get it back then. All i knew is that my parents pulledme out of school early after the news was on. They sen me to another room where i watched Scooby-Doo with my nephew.

Looking back, I was such a dumb kid, wasn't even capable of understanding the situation. I guess getting older is like trying on glasses, always getting closer to the clearest picture.

oh my... well.. I was about one year old and something months when this happened and only recently I have found this very very very very a gazillion times disturbing when our teacher showed us a video about the sudan famine and this picture

famine.jpg

:( :( this is really sad.. although I didn't really see it... I wish this would never happen again...

oh my... well.. I was about one year old and something months when this happened and only recently I have found this very very very very a gazillion times disturbing when our teacher showed us a video about the sudan famine and this picture

famine.jpg

:( :( this is really sad.. although I didn't really see it... I wish this would never happen again...
'

that picture is actually making me cry right now..:(

'

that picture is actually making me cry right now..:(

oh no... I'm sorry for posting that.. and making you cry....it is really really really disturbing

I wish I can do something about that but I can't... there are still people who experience extreme starvation and I am thinking of a way of how I can help... I'll probably join an organization that helps feeding people...

what's really disturbing about it is the vulture waiting to eat the child.. and the PHOTOGRAPHER who didn't do anything about it!!!!!!!!! and eventually committed suicide :( :( :( :( :( :(

oh no... I'm sorry for posting that.. and making you cry....it is really really really disturbing

I wish I can do something about that but I can't... there are still people who experience extreme starvation and I am thinking of a way of how I can help... I'll probably join an organization that helps feeding people...

what's really disturbing about it is the vulture waiting to eat the child.. and the PHOTOGRAPHER who didn't do anything about it!!!!!!!!! and eventually committed suicide :( :( :( :( :( :(

I wish to do the same some day, seeing human suffering is something I can't stand and I know I must do something about it.

mine was when I was five. never will forget this. I was in the tour bus in Burma/Myanmar, having my breakfast of a heck lotta food that no one could really finish and the bus stopped. I heard a feth lotta banging on the side of the bus. When I looked down, I saw at least 5 kids my age then banging on the bus begging for food. some looked only marginally better than the kid in the picture above. I just looked, stared and something like righteousness welled up in me and I asked my dad and mum to take my breakfast which I had not touched yet at all and give it to them. I knew that I would get to eat later but they wouldnt. The end result, the whole bus was so moved they all gave up their breakfasts and gave it to them. Best I ever felt when I saw them so happy and eating

Reactions: Ria and Grasshopper
watched a woman get murdered.

I wish to do the same some day, seeing human suffering is something I can't stand and I know I must do something about it.

yes true true true!!!! when I grow older.. or maybe when I get to college... I'll join some orgs.. but I don't know which.. I like to help a lot of people and I know I can't join all... but.. there's just something I have to do... right now... I'll pray for the people who are suffering

mine was when I was five. never will forget this. I was in the tour bus in Burma/Myanmar, having my breakfast of a heck lotta food that no one could really finish and the bus stopped. I heard a feth lotta banging on the side of the bus. When I looked down, I saw at least 5 kids my age then banging on the bus begging for food. some looked only marginally better than the kid in the picture above. I just looked, stared and something like righteousness welled up in me and I asked my dad and mum to take my breakfast which I had not touched yet at all and give it to them. I knew that I would get to eat later but they wouldnt. The end result, the whole bus was so moved they all gave up their breakfasts and gave it to them. Best I ever felt when I saw them so happy and eating

Great Story. :m033:

Why is the vulture disturbing? The bird is just acting in accordance with nature; it being a scavenger and all. The photographer might have let the child die to end it's pain. The validity of that action depends on your morals though.

Anyways, the worst thing I've seen? I witnessed both of my brothers die from a slow debilitating disease. One died when I was around 8, the other one died last year.

Saddest thing I ever saw was when my father held my dead sister. I was nine at the time. After that I was diagnosed with major depression disorder and did not complete school.

Another time was when I was witnessing my older sister going through anorexia, It was getting to the point when she would be going to hospital and was attempting to commit suicide. I still beat myself up today for being one of the causes of it. Its making me sad just writing about it. :m142:

Anyways, the worst thing I've seen? I witnessed both of my brothers die from a slow debilitating disease. One died when I was around 8, the other one died last year.

To lose a sibling is one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through.

To lose two slowly though over time, I can't even imagine what that must of felt like.

Last edited:
lost potential is always hard to witness. whether it's caused by death, loss of mental facility, loss of physical capacity, or for any other reason, it's just sad to see people lose opportunities to enjoy life.

Reactions: aeon
Seeing my cat dead on the porch when I got home after going out of my way to do a good deed. I was elated one moment, crashing through the floor the next. 17 years, lost in a moment.

It's hard to witness atrocities...

Although, the fact that so many of us feel such pain upon seeing these situations, it is actually a good thing for those who suffered because it means that we have not become desentitised to their griefs.

The horrific thing is really when we (others) can turn away and feel unaffected by such things. So, as long as I see images such as the dying child above, and wish it was me in his/her place, that child did not die for nothing. Death is probably the only thing that will take away the memories and after affects of such suffering, as apposed to being saved and restored to a healthier life.

Scars fade, but never really go away.

I can turn away from atrocities quite easily. It just doesn't bother me.

As Ebenezor said...

Well, I've seen a lot of terrible shit online. If you can think of it, I've probably seen it.

In real life I've seen a fair amount as well, everything from a motorcycle accident death to spousal abuse/domestic violence and gang beatings.

Reactions: aeon