saddesting thing you lived to see | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

saddesting thing you lived to see

I watched a guy have his head cut off with a blunt knife after about ten minutes of boring religious arabic droning... My thoughts were "Boring, hurry the eff up. I wanna get to the good stuff".

It's like nothing phases me anymore.

I got through the beating and wasn't bothered by it, the guy bleeding out though was pretty bleh. I could have sat through it, I figure, but I didn't particular want too.

I guess the saddest part of the beating was that the guy was deaf. That just made it so sad to me. He couldn't prepare himself in any way for what was about to happen next.

I watched a guy have his head cut off with a blunt knife after about ten minutes of boring religious arabic droning... My thoughts were "Boring, hurry the eff up. I wanna get to the good stuff".

It's like nothing phases me anymore.

Are we talking about the Russians-beheading video here?

I can't stand those movies, I've searched for information about how and why it happened though.

Seeing my cat dead on the porch when I got home after going out of my way to do a good deed. I was elated one moment, crashing through the floor the next. 17 years, lost in a moment.
I would cry my eyes out if my cat died. :( I'm sorry. That must've been horrible.

oh no... I'm sorry for posting that.. and making you cry....it is really really really disturbing

I wish I can do something about that but I can't... there are still people who experience extreme starvation and I am thinking of a way of how I can help... I'll probably join an organization that helps feeding people...

what's really disturbing about it is the vulture waiting to eat the child.. and the PHOTOGRAPHER who didn't do anything about it!!!!!!!!! and eventually committed suicide :( :( :( :( :( :(
How HOW could he take that picture and leave?????????? I would have scooped that child up and ran him to the shelter!!!!! Whta kind of sick person walks away? What kind of Sick assed frigging society gives a Pulitzer for it? It should be revoked!!!! sick sick sick!

Are we talking about the Russians-beheading video here?

I can't stand those movies, I've searched for information about how and why it happened though.

No, the one where the Southern Baptist Pastor was beheaded in Iraq for preaching Gospel in a Muslim nation when there was a civil war as well as an insurgency going on, amid US Occupation.

As far as I could see, he deserved it.

How HOW could he take that picture and leave?????????? I would have scooped that child up and ran him to the shelter!!!!! Whta kind of sick person walks away? What kind of Sick assed frigging society gives a Pulitzer for it? It should be revoked!!!! sick sick sick!

Gee, I don't know. I guess saving that boy so that he could suffer and die another time would have been better, yes? That's assuming that the child would have even made it, which he most likely wouldn't have. I also guess that the society is stupid for giving the man a pulitzer prize because he captured the state of Africa; he shouldn't have took the picture so people could have ignored it like they typically do and live their lives thinking everything is great.

I guess it is better to save one kid over trying to save a continent.

How HOW could he take that picture and leave??????????

I read (I forget where) that he wanted to help the kid, but the journalists were not allowed to touch the locals due to disease risk.
It gave him nightmares and likely drove him to suicide, so I would not say that he was a horrible cold-blooded sociopath or anything.

No, just dangerously amoral. They accuse others of being evil constantly, and then ignore some poor kid simply because of possible disease? America has a halfway decent healthcare system for those who have the money. He shouldn't have had to worry about disease.

this breaks my heart

Prevent_Child_Abuse.jpg

320356707_87a257aaee.jpg

stop-child-abuse1.jpg

child_abuse_2345.jpg

I read (I forget where) that he wanted to help the kid, but the journalists were not allowed to touch the locals due to disease risk.
It gave him nightmares and likely drove him to suicide, so I would not say that he was a horrible cold-blooded sociopath or anything.
Damn the disease risk. I would have helped anyway. I don't care. I have kids, I could never walk away from a child in need. Even if their chance of survival was minimal and my chance of disease probable.

Gee, I don't know. I guess saving that boy so that he could suffer and die another time would have been better, yes? That's assuming that the child would have even made it, which he most likely wouldn't have. I also guess that the society is stupid for giving the man a pulitzer prize because he captured the state of Africa; he shouldn't have took the picture so people could have ignored it like they typically do and live their lives thinking everything is great.

I guess it is better to save one kid over trying to save a continent.

And why could he not have done *both* Take your picture, do your work, then do everything you can, however futile, to help another human being!

Reactions: Ria
Damn the disease risk. I would have helped anyway. I don't care. I have kids, I could never walk away from a child in need. Even if their chance of survival was minimal and my chance of disease probable.
So you would have acted differently. I probably would have too. But that does not mean that someone who leaves the scene is necessarily a "sick person."

And why could he not have done *both* Take your picture, do your work, then do everything you can, however futile, to help another human being!

I would have done that most likely, depending on the circumstances. What he did does not make him a sick person worthy of judgement though. The man killed himself, it's not like he didn't give a flying fuck; then to go off a judge him for acting differently than yourself?...

Enigma is voicing her view about how it makes her feel. I actually agree with her, because like I said in an earlier post, it's hard when logic is voiced when someone is seeing a principle that is emotionally based for them. Sometimes when we overstate the logical side, it's the begining of becoming desensitized. Usually, we turn to cold logic to override the emotional response that we would rather not have to feel because it's unpleasant for us. I believe that was what Enigma was trying to state...

Reactions: enigma
So you would have acted differently. I probably would have too. But that does not mean that someone who leaves the scene is necessarily a "sick person."
I was saying the lack of action was sick.Not the person.

Just as I feel people aren't bed, their actions are bad.

Last edited:
Enigma is voicing her view about how it makes her feel. I actually agree with her, because like I said in an earlier post, it's hard when logic is voiced when someone is seeing a principle that is emotionally based for them. Sometimes when we overstate the logical side, it's the begining of becoming desensitized. Usually, we turn to cold logic to override the emotional response that we would rather not have to feel because it's unpleasant for us. I believe that was what Enigma was trying to state...

Eh, perhaps I was in the wrong, I still don't find the photographer immoral. I would suspect that he felt like he could save millions of africans by being a photographer and taking that picture rather than saving that child and hoping he didn't die later, ending any dreams he had of helping people from there.

I wasn't there and I most likely won't be in that situation, I don't know how I would act. I don't think it fair to presume that someone is horrid based on this particular situation and actions taken.

It's all good Reon,

I just wandered in and read what was going on. I wasn't pointing fingers but just trying to clarify what Enigma meant. I understood what you were getting at too.

:)