saddesting thing you lived to see | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

saddesting thing you lived to see

I saw my best friend with almost 0 brain activity, lying on his hospital bed about a week before his death.

9/11, hurricane Katrina, and the Haiti earthquake were all sad, but something that effects me personally is going to trump pretty much everything else.

I miss him every day and I haven't been the same since.

Damn the disease risk. I would have helped anyway. I don't care. I have kids, I could never walk away from a child in need. Even if their chance of survival was minimal and my chance of disease probable.

Yes. absolutely. wtf. how can one act otherwise....

That just burns me up on the inside.

The realization that most things my parents said weren't only not credible, but most of the statements were anti-credible!
It is kind of a shock to hear previously trusted authority figures say things that you by then know to be untrue, especially when they stick by them dogmatically.

Genocide in Bosnia and Rwanda. I was 8 and seeing it on the news shocked me to tears. :(

Personally? A tie between the sudden death of my stepdad from pancreatitis and my best friend getting raped, both which happened last spring.

Last edited:
The TSA (those lines are just for show, let's be real if you wanted to sneak shit on a plane you would use the vendors who are selling all that crap on the concourses)

Reactions: aeon and Anomaly
Watched the video of that guy shooting the other guy in cold blood because they weren't giving the kids over to them.
The saddest thing to me was the complete lack of emotion from every single person involved.
And to a greater extent, remembering that many humans are like this.
The callousness and mental instability of humanity makes me most depressed.
There is truly no fixing this world. It is hell.

911 call where a girl found her brother dead from suicide.

After that, any animal abuse videos. I mean, jesus -- I can't even watch the ones where a starving mutt gets rescued and there's a happy ending with happy music, let alone sadistic mistreatment. There's something so upsetting about the fear and desperation in their vocalizations.

Nothing puts my misanthropy into high gear like abuse of helpless animals and/or people.

Edit: okay, the 911 call was something I heard, not saw. But it was sad AF and this thread is ancient so whatever.

Last edited:
I’m going to be very literal in that I saw it with my own eyes, as it was happening, and not a recording or on a screen.

An attempted rape.

But I also saw a car speed into a group of people and a couple of bodies were thrown high into the air. The driver had a cerebrovascular accident, and was incapacitated, so there was no malice or intent.

Those are most notable in my memory. But I’ve seen many sad things. Sometimes I was looking in a mirror.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Rit4lin and Wyote
Near my house is a huge turn that people seem to think is an adrenaline challenge. They tend to go through the stop sign instead of stopping, and speed through at 60+mph. One day, I was working from home and heard a loud crash, and then a woman's voice screaming, "Help us! Help! My god, my children! My Children! Someone, please!".

I have never ran so fast in my life. I didn't have time to grab my phone or put my shoes on. I ran through my yard, to the curve in the street. Then I saw the wreck. The woman was exiting her car, covered in blood. The car was still in the middle of the road, but turned facing opposite traffic, so it was a rush to get her children out before another car came around the bend. Her entire front and side of her car was unhinged and dangling. The huge truck that had hit her was in the ditch, but was upright. I was the first there, but immediately after, a man stopped his car to attend to the man in the truck, and I could hear him screaming, "Oh god, oh god, oh god".

I ran to the woman getting out of her car, as she grabbed me. She was shaking and crying for help, trying to pull her children out of the car on the driver's side. Her oldest children were wailing, but her baby was silent. She begged me to get him and look him over. I pulled him gingerly from his baby's seat, but his nose was pouring blood. His eyes were open wide, pupils huge, and he wasn't making a sound. I checked for a pulse, and breath sounds. He was alive, but in complete shock. I held him gently against my chest on his side, to keep the blood from choking him. His sister had cuts and bruises forming all over her arms, legs and head, but gladly she didn't look to have any broken bones. The brother's arm looked broken, and was twisted, and his head was covered in blood. He wouldn't stop screaming.

There is a donut shop nearby, so I told another onlooker to go grab ice and clean towels for the children. Another person was already on the phone with 911. Holding the baby, I helped them across the street into the grass to get out of the road until the ambulance came. More people stopped to help, looking over the woman and little girl, as I wrapped the children's wounds in the clean towels to try to stop the bleeding. The mother was in so much shock, she was just sitting there stroking her daughter's hair sobbing, while I stood next to her holding her baby. Her son was burying his face into my side sobbing and screaming in pain. Thankfully, the ambulances and fire truck weren't long. They took the baby from me and looked the children over, then looked over the mom. They placed them on stretchers, and drove away. The man in the large truck didn't seem to be hurt, but was visibly shaken. He was crouched down in the grass throwing up and sobbing. He didn't look older than 20. The police officer, questioned me, but sent me home when he found that I didn't witness the wreck itself.

I still have no idea if that woman or her children were okay, or what happened to them once they left. I went home covered in their blood, and wept in the shower. I think about them every time I hear someone's tires screech around the corner, and I wince.

Watched the video of that guy shooting the other guy in cold blood because they weren't giving the kids over to them.
The saddest thing to me was the complete lack of emotion from every single person involved.
And to a greater extent, remembering that many humans are like this.
The callousness and mental instability of humanity makes me most depressed.
There is truly no fixing this world. It is hell.
This was just recently, correct. If we are talking about the same vid, I agree.
Perhaps the man did go to antagonize the situation as he could have just called his ex wife and asked where his son was. The property owner should have called the police to have him removed, not gone inside, grabbed his assault rifle, provoke a physical altercation, and then shoot a man in cold blood because he was on his property unarmed (as far as we can see).
The saddest part for me was watching that man fall to the ground with bullet wounds and no one in the video jumps to his help. NOTHING. Not even the woman the man was with gets out the car, she just starts yelling “call 911”, as she continues to record. There was no love for that man.

The saddest part for me was watching that man fall to the ground with bullet wounds and no one in the video jumps to his help. NOTHING.
There was no love for that man.

That's what I was referring to. Zero emotion from anyone involved. Humans can be like this often. It's sad.

Although I have had to do it myself three times. I once was picking up something from the vet, when I walked in on a family saying goodbye to their family dog. They were putting it down. It has always devastated me personally when I’ve had to do it.
But watching others go through the same thing was almost even sadder. Especially when it was the elderly man’s turn and he couldn’t hold back his tears.
I had to walk away, because I understood his love.

That's what I was referring to. Zero emotion from anyone involved. Humans can be like this often. It's sad.
That little boy will now grow up without his father. He is the biggest loser in all of this. And you know the shooter will not see any punishment since it happened on Nov 5th and it’s Nov 27th and he has not been arrested or charged with any crime.
I’m all for protecting your property but this was a senseless killing.

That little boy will now grow up without his father. He is the biggest loser in all of this. And you know the shooter will not see any punishment since it happened on Nov 5th and it’s Nov 27th and he has not been arrested or charged with any crime.
I’m all for protecting your property but this was a senseless killing.

I don't know how I feel about the situation itself from a legal standpoint.
On one level, if somebody is asking you to get off of their property then you damn well better.
But to me he also did not pose any sort of imminent threat on anyone's life either.
It was senseless, yes. For all involved.

I don't know how I feel about the situation itself from a legal standpoint.
On one level, if somebody is asking you to get off of their property then you damn well better.
But to me he also did not pose any sort of imminent threat on anyone's life either.
It was senseless, yes. For all involved.
The deceased did grab the man’s weapon in a display of fearlessness.
If I was defending the shooter, that’s what I would expect the court to consider in defense of my client.
Yes, he did go inside, loaded his weapon, and came outside to intimidate and threaten with it. But the moment my client felt the weapon could have been taken from him and used against him is what caused the extra adrenaline to flow and his instinct to defend himself is what caused him to step back and shoot.

The deceased did grab the man’s weapon in a display of fearlessness.
If I was defending the shooter, that’s what I would expect the court to consider in defense of my client.
Yes, he did go inside, loaded his weapon, and came outside to intimidate and threaten with it. But the moment my client felt the weapon could have been taken from him and used against him is what caused the extra adrenaline to flow and his instinct to defend himself is what caused him to step back and shoot.

Noted. Do not attempt to grab weapons from weapon owners.
I mean trying to take a weapon from a cop is a felony, you're not gonna fair much better vs a citizen in court.

My uncle. One moment, he was laughing and taking about Jesus. The next, he was choking on a piece of steak with a fear in his eyes that went beyond "I can't breathe". The panic in his face as he pointed to my father and then my father's panic as he rushed over to do the heimlich... then my uncle falling limp and using the restroom on himself in a crowded restaurant.

Paramedics for there fast but he was already having a heart attack from literally being scared to death. I was eighteen, and it was my return celebration as I had just came back home from Colorado after being there a few months.

Another situation is when I was interviewing for a position at a nursing home. A frail old man was trying to get a nurses attention but he could barely speak. Every time she or anyone else walked past him he would reach for them from his wheelchair, like a small child wanting to be held. Nobody acknowledged him. I went home sobbing and wrote a poem about him. I still think about him and often wished I'd tried to console him. But I was meant to be following the interviewer to a room to be interviewed.

Another situation is a video that my cousin posted on FB of a tiny black kitten being put in a Tupperware container, being doused with what I thought was water while it was mewing profusely and loudly, and then watching as someone laughed and lit a match and the kitten was engulfed immediately in flames because whatever they poured on it was a flammable liquid. I quickly turned off the video because I didn't want to see the kitten suffering and then told my cousin if she ever shared anything like that again I would remove her because it fucked with my head to be thinking the kitten was getting a bath and then see someone light it on fire and laugh.

I. Fucking. Hate. People. I hope whoever they were in that video gets severely burned and dies while someone else is laughing at them. Might sound harsh, but people that evil deserve to burn.