Relationship vs Religion | Page 4 | INFJ Forum
I Corinthians 15: 56 "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

Galationms 3: 24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11: 37-40 "
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

Hebrews 12: 18-27 "
18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Sorry for holding back earlier. I feel nothing wrong with the reading of these verses for better explanation.

Reactions: Love_Conquers_All
@just me
We don't have to fall though. We can allow ourselves to be consumed by the Holy Spirit in full surrender to Christ as our Head. Too long has the Church taught that there is no hope of reaching perfection on this earth. That is a doctrine of demons and goes against everything that Jesus and His disciples taught. We have to yield our entire beings to Christ and be fully possessed by the Holy Spirit. It is the ultimate sacrifice to lay down our lives and give up all our desires for the will of the Lord. This is no easy task as the deception has been great. We have been lied to on all sides. Family, Church, and State have oppressed us for far too long. Jesus died to set us free from our own thoughts and desires. Why not accept that freedom? It is a hard thing to trust in Love. Seeing as how we have been shown such a poor example of what Love is by the Church. Great Grace, Peace, and Joy to you in the Love of Christ our Lord and Savior. :smile:

Reactions: nh(*v
@just me
We don't have to fall though. We can allow ourselves to be consumed by the Holy Spirit in full surrender to Christ as our Head. Too long has the Church taught that there is no hope of reaching perfection on this earth. That is a doctrine of demons and goes against everything that Jesus and His disciples taught. We have to yield our entire beings to Christ and be fully possessed by the Holy Spirit. It is the ultimate sacrifice to lay down our lives and give up all our desires for the will of the Lord. This is no easy task as the deception has been great. We have been lied to on all sides. Family, Church, and State have oppressed us for far too long. Jesus died to set us free from our own thoughts and desires. Why not accept that freedom? It is a hard thing to trust in Love. Seeing as how we have been shown such a poor example of what Love is by the Church. Great Grace, Peace, and Joy to you in the Love of Christ our Lord and Savior. :smile:

For the most part I think religion and spirituality are mutually exclusive. It seems you agree. I wish more people who wish to follow the true teachings of Jesus could reject all of the toxic religious garbage that often accompanies these beliefs. I have a hard time understanding how someone can have a relationship with god, and at the same time support a church which is rife with pedophilia. What would Jesus say about the Catholic Church? Do you think he would feel the last few popes have done enough to address this problem? Personally, I think that if you attempt to live a pure life according to the example of Jesus, you are a total hypocrite if you go to Catholic church every Sunday. I just can't understand how a priest could give his life to Jesus one moment, and then sexually abuse a little boy the next. It is mind boggling to me.

For the most part I think religion and spirituality are mutually exclusive. It seems you agree. I wish more people who wish to follow the true teachings of Jesus could reject all of the toxic religious garbage that often accompanies these beliefs. I have a hard time understanding how someone can have a relationship with god, and at the same time support a church which is rife with pedophilia. What would Jesus say about the Catholic Church? Do you think he would feel the last few popes have done enough to address this problem? Personally, I think that if you attempt to live a pure life according to the example of Jesus, you are a total hypocrite if you go to Catholic church every Sunday. I just can't understand how a priest could give his life to Jesus one moment, and then sexually abuse a little boy the next. It is mind boggling to me.

@Katniss Neverbeef, living in a Catholic country, this concept must burn your ass.

@dang
Unfortunately the majority of Christians are still immature. They have salvation, but have still not received the renewed mind. They walk as babes in the spirit for if they were adults they would have already overcome the world. I am still part of this group sadly. I hope for this to change soon though. I am just now beginning to wake up from the deep slumber in the matrix. I saw this back in 2010 and it is what caused me to run away from God. I was angry with all of the "mature" "Christians" who still walked in sin and behaved as the rest of the world except in secret. You will find that the ministry I mentioned is very much in line with the teachings of Christ.

@dang
Unfortunately the majority of Christians are still immature. They have salvation, but have still not received the renewed mind. They walk as babes in the spirit for if they were adults they would have already overcome the world. I am still part of this group sadly. I hope for this to change soon though. I am just now beginning to wake up from the deep slumber in the matrix. I saw this back in 2010 and it is what caused me to run away from God. I was angry with all of the "mature" "Christians" who still walked in sin and behaved as the rest of the world except in secret. You will find that the ministry I mentioned is very much in line with the teachings of Christ.

I was raised Jewish. I rejected religion long ago. I have never studied Christianity. How does one ever learn the true teachings of someone like Jesus, or Muhammad, or Buddha? How can holy texts ever be trusted? It seems to me that most ancient or enlightened teachings have been poisoned. When I went to Jewish school as a kid, what we learned was dogmatic and not in any way spiritual. Modern religion tends to be filled with control paradigms. The opiate (or really sedative) of the masses. The sooner we reject religion, and substitute it with a renewed focus on self understanding and personal growth, the better in my opinion. Mythology is important. And so is spiritual guidance. But both seem to be genuinely absent from the world today. No wonder the world is filed with so much ignorance, greed, and deception. Humanity is asleep.

@dang
It just seems like so many Christians are way too concerned with what other people are doing. If Jesus gives you the grace to forgive your sins, then shut up (not you, but in general) about everyone else and how wicked we all are. You would think if there was such a divine supernatural love in someone's heart with the promise of eternity, they wouldn't even care to judge everyone else and feel the need to hammer the world into their own views--they would just be so focused on loving God. It really grinds my gears in the US how Christians seem to just have to have political influence, too. They want to legislate their morality instead of just letting people make their own choices. I always had the impression when I read the Bible that Jesus didn't care about politics... He wasn't trying to influence the law and he didn't come to rule, here. But Christians don't act that way. They vote according to their dogma and run for office just to shape policy in their religious worldview...and don't seem to respect the laws of the US when it comes to other people having the right to live as they like or make choices about their own bodies.. (Abortion is legal... It's a woman's right to have reproductive autonomy. Get over it. You don't like it, support birth control and sex ed.... but they dislike those options, too..) Then it becomes an issue of, "Well now because you're gay and want to marry or want to take birth control or abort etc., MY religious rights are violated!" Christians won't change people's hearts by changing the laws. Sorry about that rant, but it just gets me going when Christians talk about how evil the world is.

Last edited:
@acd
I am more concerned with myself first and other "Christians" second. If we were showing people the Love of Christ with our actions and not just words then this Love would show the rest of the world who Christ is. Until this happens the world will remain in chaos.

I became vehemently anti-Christian at 6 years old. I am still to this day. There are reasons, primarily my INFJ-ness, rejection of all things that do not coincide with honesty and truth.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ may have found a spiritual awakening, and his teachings were genuine; however, anyone who understands human nature can argue that over a 2000 year span, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, has almost certainly manipulated his word to better suit their own plight.

I had a spiritual awakening myself about 6 years ago, and since then I have dug deeper into every rabbit hole my foot has tripped in. Spirituality is the answer everyone is looking for, and is the womb that all religion is born of. No teachings of any prophet may lead you there; you must find it yourself, because it comes from within you. Religion is simply a misinterpretation of the truth.

The secret is personal growth, and discovering your own power. This involves a practice of going places and doing things that scare the shit out of you, which includes asking yourself some very tough questions. It's all about breaking down the old and building the new.

"God" is you, if you so choose. "God" is any conscious entity with the strongest vibrational frequency. It is a matter of physics.

Last edited:
Strange thing to quote. I should not try to add to the scriptures? OK.
Scriptures are not the be all and end all. Dont be such an iconoclast.

Reactions: dang

The world is just a bunch of shitty people trying to help others not be shitty.

None of you believe the same way I do so you are wrong and now you should all shut up.

@acd
I am more concerned with myself first and other "Christians" second. If we were showing people the Love of Christ with our actions and not just words then this Love would show the rest of the world who Christ is. Until this happens the world will remain in chaos.

I think laws against "spare the rod and spoil the child" added more to the chaos that we may ever know.

only a fool strikes a child

Reactions: dang
@just me

I'll not argue, as there are but a few things should be added. Jesus fulfilled the ultimate sacrifice Himself.

only a fool strikes a child

Some children are fools and trouble makers. Punishment does not necessarily mean striking a child, but I did. I discussed it with him first and told him why. I control my own power, and never correct in anger. He got a medium strike on the butt with a belt for lying to his Grandmother. When he calmed down and stopped acting, I told him there was this other issue about lying to his Mother. Two spanks...controlled. Then, there was the issue about playing me for a fool. Three strikes. Kid was 14 and had on blue jeans. He became my best friend and went everywhere with me after that. Taught him to fish instead of run the streets at night and lying. He had no prior correction, only screaming and beating and yelling and demeaning.

I've been trying to work young boys taking a break from college and they are a disgrace: no manners, ethics, caring, and I'm sure no correction at home. Parents that love their children, correct their children.

Last edited: