Relationship vs Religion | Page 3 | INFJ Forum
If I wanted to join a cult I'll contact Tom Cruise. Thanks, but no thanks.

Reactions: Stu, dang and Jet
Yes, I am very un-American. I was only born here and am a Navy veteran. As far as Red Letter Ministries being another denomination, I don't think they qualify as such since they don't promote extra biblical doctrine. Religion is man made and seeks to bring people into bondage through extra biblical doctrines. Relationship with Christ comes from Heaven through the Holy Spirit. The problem is that the majority of Christians don't actually believe or have faith in Christ. They make this apparent by a lack of change in their hearts and minds. If they were truly engaging the Holy Spirit they would enter the Joy that is prepared for them and have their minds renewed.
If you dont mind my asking, do you have any desire to have other discussions here outside of religion?

the op and thread title do not go together.

Reactions: dang and Jet
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Why not contact the pope instead?

Because my answer was funnier?

On a serious note while I consider the line between organised religion and a cult to be a thin and tenuous one, I still think there are subtle differences. As an atheist I'm still allowed to visit the Vatican, I'm able to visit Mecca, but I'm not allowed inside the Mormon temple in Cardston, Alberta.

Because my answer was funnier?

On a serious note while I consider the line between organised religion and a cult to be a thin and tenuous one, I still think there are subtle differences. As an atheist I'm still allowed to visit the Vatican, I'm able to visit Mecca, but I'm not allowed inside the Mormon temple in Cardston, Alberta.
I don't consider it a thin line at all, religion is a cult.

Reactions: dang
And like this...

The religion of Christianity is sorcery at it's finest. This is self evidenced by the behavior of most Christians towards one another and sinners alike. There is no Love, only Hatred and Judgement stemming from fear of the unknown God. They claim to have a relationship with Christ. Yet if they truly had a relationship there would be a change in their hearts and souls. Jesus did not come and die for our sins to create a religion. He came to provide a way for us to have a relationship that is very real and sincere. He is the only way to salvation. We can not earn it. It is by His Grace and Mercy that we are saved. The kingdom of Satan has come to an end and the Spirit of the Lord is pouring upon all flesh. It is time to be set free from religion and rebellion. Great Grace, Peace, and Joy to you all in the Love of Christ. Here is a link to true Spirit led ministry www.redlettermin.com live stream on YouTube everyday 4-5 pm cst search Joel's bar drunken glory broadcast.

is totally not cult like language at all, right?

Well by the standards of the Merriam-Webster dictionary you could classify every religion and belief system as a cult. True faith in Christ definitely has to be labeled as a cult because of the danger to society at large. I mean love, joy, and peace are totally evil, right.... I don't know how that is classified as cult language though. The original post is just me expressing my anger at religion and the very poor example Christians have shown the world of what it means to be a disciple of Christ.

Reactions: dang and just me
I have had enough encounters with the spirit realm to know that I am not. The only reason more people do not believe in the truth is because of the wretched example that has been set by the religion of Christianity. I have seen miracles in front of my eyes. Look up Simon Greenleaf, he did an absolutely phenomenal investigation into the evidence for Christ. There is also the fact that many archeological proofs have been discovered that prove the Bible's authenticity. There are genuine disciples of Christ on this earth you just have to wade through all the "Christians" to find them. We actually have a living relationship with Jesus, not dead religious rituals. Modern "Christians" are more deceived by Satan than anyone else. They think they worship God and they are actually worshiping Satan. This is a generalization of course. There are genuine disciples in churches, but they are starting to wake up to reality and realize that Christs words are true. We are living temples of God. We don't need a building to find Him, He is already within us. The majority of "Christians" do not actually believe the Bible. This is self evidenced by their lack of Love for everyday people. They want to seclude themselves to their groups of like minded people in their prisons they have built and prettied up. They do not show Love to the poor, needy, oppressed, widows, orphans, and rejected of this world. They go to church two or three times a week and live like everyone else. "Christians" usually view true disciples of Christ as Demonic. Which is sad when real disciples show them nothing but Love and are hated, despised, rejected, and persecuted in return. Yet they are the ones following Jesus supposedly.

I'm sorry, but get thee behind me. What exactly would you call the followers of Christ? They were called that by those that knew they were followers of Christ. They were observed following Christ.

People, on the other hand, are humans. We try and fail. We try and fall. We get condemned. As in the movies, Batman said we betray each other. We can do better. We must.

"Straight is the way and narrow is the road that leadeth to salvation; and few there be that find it." Even Paul fought with himself. He said he could follow all laws except one: Thou shalt not covet, or thou shalt not lust. Someone else paid the price for even his salvation: Jesus. It is written,
"7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Read where that came from and where it goes. The scale and magnitude of those trying and falling; of those untruthful; of those new and trying to yet learn is far far greater than those eating the meat of the Word and living as is written in Romans 8.

Few, indeed, there be. However, many are those forgiven. They are sinners, as we all are. Yes, those not understood are not welcome in the churches. They know. I know. I know you are ashamed of the examples of Christians around you. Try to help them understand a little better by showing them where to look. "...if the salt has lost its savour..." It is good to know you believe.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I'm sorry, but get thee behind me. What exactly would you call the followers of Christ? They were called that by those that knew they were followers of Christ. They were observed following Christ.

People, on the other hand, are humans. We try and fail. We try and fall. We get condemned. As in the movies, Batman said we betray each other. We can do better. We must.

"Straight is the way and narrow is the road that leadeth to salvation; and few there be that find it." Even Paul fought with himself. He said he could follow all laws except one: Thou shalt not covet, or thou shalt not lust. Someone else paid the price for even his salvation: Jesus. It is written,
"7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Read where that came from and where it goes. The scale and magnitude of those trying and falling; of those untruthful; of those new and trying to yet learn is far far greater than those eating the meat of the Word and living as is written in Romans 8.

Few, indeed, there be. However, many are those forgiven. They are sinners, as we all are. Yes, those not understood are not welcome in the churches. They know. I know. I know you are ashamed of the examples of Christians around you. Try to help them understand a little better by showing them where to look. "...if the salt has lost its savour..." It is good to know you believe.

Religion is the reason 99% of Christians are not walking in the Spirit of God. Having had their minds renewed by the Holy Spirit. Overcoming the world in it's entirety and walking in holiness. We are told to "Be perfect as I am perfect" this can only be attained by allowing the Holy Spirit also known as the Seven Spirits of God to completely possess ones heart and soul thus renewing the mind and attaining the mind of Christ. They have been fed doctrines of demons for generations and just accept that they can not ever overcome the world and be the head and not the tail. We are to walk in freedom from the cares of this world and be fully possessed by the Holy Spirit. This is the only way to be truly useful to our Head as His body. Throughout the Bible God showed His Favor and Blessings upon those who followed Him. When Jesus came and died for us He took the keys of authority that Satan had usurped from Adam. He freed us from the curse of the law and gave us true freedom, yet the majority of Christians still live under curses. Why do you think that is? Why is it that the majority of them still serve Mammon as their master? Why are they full of hatred, anger, envy, and strife? Where is the Love between them by which the world would know who they follow? It is time for people to wake up and allow the Holy Spirit to consume the old man and walk in the Spirit with Christ. The entirety of the Kingdom of God is within us already if we only believe and allow it to flow forth from within. I still haven't reached this state yet. I am doing the best I can to yield to the Holy Spirit and allow the Seven Spirits of God to possess my seven soul mansions. Enter the Joy that has been prepared for you! Get drunk and high on the Spirit of God. Perfect Love casts out all fear :)

So interesting how Christians like to point the finger at other "false" Christians. Whatever happened to "He who is without sin cast the first stone?"

But I'm not a Christian, so it is perfectly within my right to judge you all. :tonguewink:

/Trollin yo!

I love trolls ;)

Reactions: acd
Reactions: acd