mintoots

Airvender
Donor
Mar 31, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
This is not a blog, but it's here because what I want to discuss is personal: you and God. I'm here to probe (once again) about your personal relationship with God. I believe profound discussions are beneficial for the soul and I have not seen this place to be lacking of such, but I have not seen a thread (yet) where a profound relationship with God is tackled (I could be wrong).

It's important to note that this is a non-denominational probe. It may not even have to be categorically monotheistic, but rather than to argue about the existence of God, I want instead to place the probe among people who are working on a relationship with God.

The seeding questions are:
  1. What is your relationship with God like?
  2. How are you nurturing it?
  3. Why must you live with God in your life (or not for the atheist)?

I understand that these are very personal questions hence my decision to place it within blogs. I would like to have the option of deleting it should people find uncomfortable experiences down the line.

I ask for peace, here. Most specifically, I ask for respectful tones. This is not a place for direct preaching to convert, nor a place to insist on the value of religion or its bane throughout the formation of our societies. None of that.

It's about you and God and how you live with God in your mind and life.

This is not a blog

It should be in Philosophy and Religion. I'm going to move it there, it can still be personal in a different section.

I was a devout Atheist for most of my life.
Then I was awakened by a series of 100's of extraordinary visionary experiences I've been having during my waking day over the last 9 years with other dimensional Beings of various natures. Some were of dubious intention...but the vast majority of the other Beings have been unconditionally loving and compassionate to me. There have been moments of amazing bliss and euphoria and also gut wrenching heart breaking grief and pain too as I go through the experiences I need to shift my energy field frequency to a higher range.
I know this sounds strange....but it's my direct experience.
I have also met the planetary consciousness I call Gaia. The feeling of being adored and loved by this consciousness has steadily grown stronger and more palpable within my body and heart over the years. I would recognize Gaia energy anywhere....and it fills me with great Joy to make the energetic connection.
But...
There have been 3 times in all these years where a Being embodying what I can only describe as the Spirit of God has come to visit with me. I pause here because I am overwhelmed with a strong current of love....and it can bring one to tears at times.
Anyway.... on those occasions where this god spirit showed up within me the Being wanted to fully immerse itself into my experience....as if my eyes and the god spirit eyes were one....as if my ears and the god spirit were one.....and so on.
The god spirit was thrilled to sense my life through me with both of our presences blended?....merged?....integrated as One Being.
I was filled with the knowing of creation in those fleeting "mouth open in astonishment" moments.

I do not feel I "must" have god in my life. But I am not an Atheist anymore....

I was a devout Atheist for most of my life.
Then I was awakened by a series of 100's of extraordinary visionary experiences I've been having during my waking day over the last 9 years with other dimensional Beings of various natures. Some were of dubious intention...but the vast majority of the other Beings have been unconditionally loving and compassionate to me. There have been moments of amazing bliss and euphoria and also gut wrenching heart breaking grief and pain too as I go through the experiences I need to shift my energy field frequency to a higher range.
I know this sounds strange....but it's my direct experience.
I have also met the planetary consciousness I call Gaia. The feeling of being adored and loved by this consciousness has steadily grown stronger and more palpable within my body and heart over the years. I would recognize Gaia energy anywhere....and it fills me with great Joy to make the energetic connection.
But...
There have been 3 times in all these years where a Being embodying what I can only describe as the Spirit of God has come to visit with me. I pause here because I am overwhelmed with a strong current of love....and it can bring one to tears at times.
Anyway.... on those occasions where this god spirit showed up within me the Being wanted to fully immerse itself into my experience....as if my eyes and the god spirit eyes were one....as if my ears and the god spirit were one.....and so on.
The god spirit was thrilled to sense my life through me with both of our presences blended?....merged?....integrated as One Being.
I was filled with the knowing of creation in those fleeting "mouth open in astonishment" moments.

I do not feel I "must" have god in my life. But I am not an Atheist anymore....
Wow.

Are you able to identify the critical pivot to this awakening? How did it happen? Was there something that lead you to it or was it randomly instantaneous? I have read somewhere that those with Near Death Experiences (NDE) are made more if not suddenly aware of this ethereal presence. Did something similar happen?

I am familiar with the experience of an overwhelming presence of Spirit, one that eliminates all mundanity and cradles towards otherworldly acceptance. Ah how can I describe it? It's inexplicable. I would say though that since said experience, the presence in my life is more a low-key hum rather than a protective cocoon or a strong force that actively defines my sense of being. I am afraid to say that it has dwindled in intensity but that seems to be the appropriate word. Other times, I think I am at fault for such decline; much like people who master a skill and then no longer use it are culpable for the eventual loss of the skill.

I want to understand. By some measure, do you actively do something to "maintain" (i can't find the right word) the connection? Or is it more a happenstance that simply falls upon you?

I believe having experienced something like that adds to my personal certainty of there being God and can only call it such. Perhaps I doubt sometimes if my brain simply encountered some sort of glitch, but even if there were such a biological explanation, it wouldn't matter. The experience remains Godly and the meaning subscribed to it is far more profound than any biological explanation.

Where I seek though is in how to stay connected to it... It seems that things in life occur such that we deviate from the certainty (at least to me personally) and so I'd like to learn from you (or anyone who wishes to chime in) about how to live unabashedly with it.

It should be in Philosophy and Religion. I'm going to move it there, it can still be personal in a different section.
I was uncertain about it being open to a wider audience but I suppose that is the point of wanting conversation: to have to be open to a wider pool of people who would potentially have something to say.

• What is your relationship with God like?
  • How are you nurturing it?
  • Why must you live with God in your life (or not for the atheist)?
My relationship. I feel like we're pen-pals or some such. Like we check in on each other every now & then. That being said I feel protected. That, so long as my choices aren't reckless or irresponsible, things will work out. I don't feel God's presence or anything, but I don't need to.

Nurturing. By shedding those things from my life that don't feel like they match my priorities, and by doing my best to align my priorities with my purpose on Earth.
Also, lately I've taken to taking inventory of my moral shortcomings before bed. It helps me stay mindful of areas which need improving. I feel it also keeps me humble, and helps me have better understanding or tolerance for others.

Why must I live with God in my life? I don't know really. I don't think I have to, and for some years I didn't. It's a choice, though what I consider living with God in my life may be different than others.

Are you able to identify the critical pivot to this awakening? How did it happen? Was there something that lead you to it or was it randomly instantaneous? I have read somewhere that those with Near Death Experiences (NDE) are made more if not suddenly aware of this ethereal presence. Did something similar happen?

Please keep in mind this happened for me beginning in Feb 2012...and these responses are a condensed and lovingly massage recollection. Yes? :D
Also... every single one of us are here to have our own unique experience of being a Human Being. My journey might not look at all like another's....or yours.
I know Each human being on this planet has the equal and undivided loving attention from Source...or the god spirit I speak of.
That said...

Was there a critical pivot to my awakening? Yes. I'd say there was. I had reached a point in my life where I was "done" with wanting to live here. Depression had long been a constant companion....and I was in that phase where I knew enough of how to commit suicide and could carry it through. I've had a .38 revolver with a box of bullets/loaders in my bedside table for 20 years.
I was living alone back then in 2012....one night after meditation I was gripped with the strong urge to leave this planet. For some reason I declared out loud to presumably "the universe".....that If I Didn't Learn How to Love Myself without Needing Another....I was going to use that .38 and leave.
Shortly after that in Feb 2012 I flew to Portland OR by myself....staying with people I've never known....and then drove myself to the Pacific Ocean and that's when it all began. While I was there in Portland I had my first....ummm....what word do you use to describe knowing/feeling/sensing invisible beings and dimensions around you? Paranormal? Non Ordinary Experience? Spiritual? There are many words....but they lack the nuance of experience.
Anyway.... it was during that week I was rather shockingly made aware there is waaaaay more than this physical life.

As I'm typing this I am drawn back to your reference to NDE's. It's curious to see how the threat of a credible act of my Death sparked my awakening process.

I am familiar with the experience of an overwhelming presence of Spirit, one that eliminates all mundanity and cradles towards otherworldly acceptance. Ah how can I describe it? It's inexplicable. I would say though that since said experience, the presence in my life is more a low-key hum rather than a protective cocoon or a strong force that actively defines my sense of being. I am afraid to say that it has dwindled in intensity but that seems to be the appropriate word. Other times, I think I am at fault for such decline; much like people who master a skill and then no longer use it are culpable for the eventual loss of the skill.

It IS inexplicable....isn't it?? I am sitting here with a huge grin while typing these words and I feel as if I'm almost floating above my chair. I sense a Being here interested in my response to you.... :D <3

Yes. One thing that comes to mind is that we are trained to think linearly. I too was "tapped" on the shoulder so to speak with experiences that defied explanation only to not have that kind of experience again for many years. I used to roll my eyes when I heard the teaching we actually journey through an upward spiral. But...well... I was wrong then. We do. So even though you feel as if you didn't do something correctly this is in fact not the truth. We do not walk forward....in a linear line. It's more like we Dance....and Jump....and Fall Down....and Get Up....and Dance again. :D Hahahahaha....

You are loved for your vulnerable self....the raw child like being in you that did what it could do to survive till now. Don't blame the traumatized one in you. Love it. Love you. Give your compassion to allllllll of you.

In looking back I can say the one consistent action I took was to sit in meditation of some kind every day. I found out early on in 2012 I have little imagination or creative artistic abilities. This ability is critical to developing a spiritual/intuitive connection with the higher frequency beings....and potentially this god like being energy presence we have both experienced. I was educated/trained to emphasize Thinking only....so....that turned out to be a limit for me. So I turned to guided meditations and ideas from the internet and this has helped me stabilize and ground down my wild experiences while allowing me to remember who I really am.
Then I developed an ability to sit in stillness with my guides/team and now I go on journeys with them where I receive what's best for me in that now moment.

Every day my guides lovingly tell me It's just practice.

Perhaps you could explore some ways for you to "just practice" connecting with the true love within you. That's where you are. That's where the god source is.

Nurturing. By shedding those things from my life that don't feel like they match my priorities, and by doing my best to align my priorities with my purpose on Earth.

Beautiful....
I too have been shedding ideas/beliefs/memories that no longer serve me.

I find God, or he finds me everyday. Especially here, with beauty and quiet power all around.
She sits on top of her mountain and simply asks, come. Find a path, make your own, but come. He reminds me she didn't make religion, or write books, just come as you are.
She began to call to me in my early fortys, after leaving the church many years ago. The one thing we shared is that she is in me, not in a building. Not in a book. Not in a sermon..those things are about man, not her.
Yet I seek the church, and find him there, because you see, she is in me. Where i go, he goes

1) Not great
2) I’m not and that’s gotten me into trouble periodically. It leaves me without an anchor for my own stability.
3) I think it’s the only way to find happiness…or misery. God to me is the gift of choice to see my heaven or hell within and around me.

This is just my take. As I see it, everyone is inherently religious. It governs how we interpret, interact, and cope with existence. The lens that I view the world through is pretty small and opaque. I think I’m still pretty blind to the road signs I encounter that would point out the way to…wherever it is I want to be.

Lately I have been feeling the presence of God more strongly.
IDK why this is. I'm not trying, I'm just being.

I have experienced a lot of wild things though. Too many to discount the notion of something beyond the veil. I know it's there, I just don't know what it is.
On some level, we aren't meant to know, or have the capacity to understand fully.

Everyone's journey is different. I think it's ok to not believe. Jesus is a creeper, he'll fucking find you one day.

Lately I have been feeling the presence of God more strongly.
IDK why this is. I'm not trying, I'm just being.

I have experienced a lot of wild things though. Too many to discount the notion of something beyond the veil. I know it's there, I just don't know what it is.
On some level, we aren't meant to know, or have the capacity to understand fully.

Everyone's journey is different. I think it's ok to not believe. Jesus is a creeper, he'll fucking find you one day.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::hearteyes:

Love it

Hi Minmin. :) I'm not sure if I can answer your questions specifically. I'll try to answer them in spirit.

I'm an agnostic pagan. I don't believe anything humans do, did, wrote, or build is a god or god's word. The moment a human claims to speak for god I'm skeptical and distrustful, especially if those words are meant to cause harm.
There is one pagan religion I feel closer to, but I try to ignore it for reasons I'd rather not get into, yet my most deeply spiritual experiences are unintentionally via that avenue.

Nurturing my relationship with nature is nurturing my relationship with the gods. Otherwise, I just try to live ethically and kindly while keeping my warrior spirit.

I'm spiritual by default in an intangible way. People are attracted to this about me, especially religious people. It's weird.
I don't try to keep gods in my life or not. I don't have a choice, either way. Either there are gods and I honor them via a code of living, or there are no gods and I live via a code because it is the right thing to do.

I am overwhelmed by these responses.

It IS inexplicable....isn't it?? I am sitting here with a huge grin while typing these words and I feel as if I'm almost floating above my chair. I sense a Being here interested in my response to you.... :D <3
This gave me goosebumps. I feel out of my mind but this experience is familiar to me.
Do you ever feel afraid or daunted? Unworthy? Have you ever felt alone again or lonely in spite of knowing such presence?

I think it's ok to not believe. Jesus is a creeper, he'll fucking find you one day.
I think that even without belief, the force finds it way into our lives whether or not we like it or accept it.

I can't say that is a force that governs much like what religion is to us, but that it's just among us and with us and within us. Maybe that's some form of governance too like what @Sloe Djinn pointed out. I'm sure though that it doesn't seem to matter to it what we believe. It just will be and is.

@David54'a description is accurate:
I find God, or he finds me everyday. Especially here, with beauty and quiet power all around.
She sits on top of her mountain and simply asks, come. Find a path, make your own, but come. He reminds me she didn't make religion, or write books, just come as you are.
She began to call to me in my early fortys, after leaving the church many years ago. The one thing we shared is that she is in me, not in a building. Not in a book. Not in a sermon..those things are about man, not her.
Yet I seek the church, and find him there, because you see, she is in me. Where i go, he goes

My relationship. I feel like we're pen-pals or some such. Like we check in on each other every now & then. That being said I feel protected. That, so long as my choices aren't reckless or irresponsible, things will work out. I don't feel God's presence or anything, but I don't need to.

Also, lately I've taken to taking inventory of my moral shortcomings before bed. It helps me stay mindful of areas which need improving. I feel it also keeps me humble, and helps me have better understanding or tolerance for others.

Why must I live with God in my life? I don't know really. I don't think I have to, and for some years I didn't. It's a choice, though what I consider living with God in my life may be different than others.
Win3, I have a question. Were you taught about God? Could you say that you ever embarked on a journey of knowing God better?

I don't try to keep gods in my life or not. I don't have a choice, either way. Either there are gods and I honor them via a code of living, or there are no gods and I live via a code because it is the right thing to do.
Haaaaaaah please expound on this. So basically, you do you. Right? Just like what @Wyote said: being.

My mother used to say, don't rely on your own strength. Listen to your ancestors. And I'm like: how do I even do that?

1) Not great
2) I’m not and that’s gotten me into trouble periodically. It leaves me without an anchor for my own stability.
3) I think it’s the only way to find happiness…or misery. God to me is the gift of choice to see my heaven or hell within and around me.

This is just my take. As I see it, everyone is inherently religious. It governs how we interpret, interact, and cope with existence. The lens that I view the world through is pretty small and opaque. I think I’m still pretty blind to the road signs I encounter that would point out the way to…wherever it is I want to be.
I wonder where that is, Sloe. So am I right in understanding that having God in your life is you living by a set of codes? Are these codes personal to you? Did you learn them along the way? Do you experience it as though these were taught to you or is it more like walking throughout life by yourself? What happens if you don't follow the code? Do you chastise yourself too?

I pray every single day.
Why Pin? And how too? @Kgal listens. I know @Wyote does too. @Asa walks through forests. How do you pray, Pin?

I'm not sure if I can answer your questions specifically.
It doesn't matter!!! The seeding questions were meant to be a starting point. I simply want to learn more about how God is felt/experienced/lived on a personal level by others.

I agree. The experiences in my life that helped me grow most were both related to death.
Death & life have a yin-yang relationship.
Death and profound, desperate dejection or sadness. Rock bottom does things.

For me personally, God was handed to me on a platter. As a kid, Sundays were always church days with family. The church is a short walk from our house so it was always a family matter of walking to church together, the kids are allowed to play about after mass until we're all home to have breakfast together (we always have meals together). For much of my life, it was a ritual. It was also a ritual that cultivated a sense of joy about Sundays. It always felt nice. I wasn't really aware of a life without God, even though I could not say I understood what God was at this time. I sat in church pews as though by default. I listened to God stories questioning the behaviors of its characters. Why would Jesus forgive Mary Magdalene? Why would God let angels tempt his Son in the desert if He was so almighty? Every story seemed weird. How does it even happen that an angel would impregnate a virgin? Isn't that defiance? Rape? The church's answer was always that it was God.

The seeking started there, I think, because why God? Why is God the answer? The answers didn't start to make sense until I myself was going through pains I could not understand. I felt pain relatively early in life but it made me feel so dejected in my teens --- typical of hormones, I suppose but that was when I first believe I experienced such forces. I can't eloquently give it justice. It's simply a very clear understanding that God is real and that if I were to believe otherwise, my whole being would disintegrate. The weird thing is, I did eventually start to wonder otherwise later on in life. Maybe God isn't real. I still haven't found a credible argument that establishes that there is no God. Every argument and the very existence of it seems to only point to the fact that there is God. Whether or not we choose to believe, God remains. We will never understand God or whatever it should be named, but it exists. My conviction is perhaps drawn from experience, and if it were to be argued that my experience itself is not real then what else is real? Nothing. And if we aren't real, what's the point? Each time I embark on the conquest, the only answer for me is that God is real and so are my pains. In pain is when my seeking gets complicated because if God is real and I am loved, why are we in pain? Why was Mary Magdalene in pain? Why did Judas sin? I still don't have the answers to all of that. My only seeming answer that feels somewhat right is that pain is a vessel for acceptance to be necessary. God is the acceptor. The ultimate being that accepts. Understanding God is impossible but believing in God makes it possible to accept our worst pains. And in that, we heal. So then God is a force among us and through us, that swishes through all of us to make us one and helps us heal. This is how God is good and God is also angry and God is also loving, and kind, and jealous, and everything...

Sometimes to me, God is experienced as a call to one-ness. When I am lost in the mundanity of my life, getting absorbed in societal codes or whatnot, my pain is a call to go back to the cognizance of one-ness with God. In prayer, in surrender, in worship, in humility, I concede to being of God and by God. It's not a matter of religion, it's a matter of existence for me. It's as though I am shaken to face God and be with God again--- to never stray. Ah damnit I can't stop sounding like a preacher.

I think @Wyote is right. We all each have our own journey. I want to learn from it. I want to understand. I want to know if God manifests similarly or if God is as central to your existence or not in the same way that the idea of God oscillates within me. Some days I edge toward believing in no God and then I get pulled back to, nope, there is God. It's a mind-fucking journey. It's so annoying sometimes, but it's how it is for me.

Also, I am grateful for these exchanges. It feels nice. LOL. I have no better word for it than that. LOLOLOLOLOL

1. What is your relationship with God like?
I don't have a relationship with God as I don't really believe in God. I take the Lord's name in vain a lot. I say things like "Thank God," and "Oh my God," but I don't really think of God when I say it. I still capitalize the word as a show of respect for those who believe. I don't know why.

When I was quite young I prayed because I was told that was what I was supposed to do. I had sort of an OCD about prayer. I had to pray for people in a specific order and according to their proximity to me. I had to pray for my stuffed animals but I had to pray for them in groups so that no one was in last place. Praying stressed me out because I felt like I was giving a list of people to God to protect or do whatever with them. It felt like a stressful obligation that I HAD to do and if I did it out of order it felt like there would be consequences. Can you tell I had anxiety?

I would "pray" to God while I was having panic attacks walking to the school bus and to help me get through the days but the level of my suffering was such that I did not find any relief or help and I lived one miserable day after another. I am not sure I ever had a prayer that was answered.

In High School, towards the end, I became an atheist. The absurdity of what I was seeing in school made me question how anyone could possibly have a relationship with God in this way. Did measuring our kilt length make us more likely to go to Heaven? Why did those of us who were not Catholic have to sit in the auditorium while the other Catholic kids went to confession. Why did we have to attend their Mass and not be allowed to participate? We weren't allowed to eat the little Jesus wafer if we weren't Catholic lol. The rules and things that everyone had to follow in the name of Catholicism seemed ridiculous to me and it was at that point I decided all of it was bullshit and that was that.
  1. How are you nurturing it?
I am not.
  1. Why must you live with God in your life (or not for the atheist)?
My life was not better or richer or happier or more stable or content or safe when I did believe in God. It is about the same now. I haven't noticed any discernible difference between when I believed and now as a non-believer. I don't describe myself as an atheist these days because I'm not trying so hard to have a believe system that revolves around nothing. As I told a born again Christian friend of mine who harassed me about saving my soul, if I'm supposed to come to Jesus at some point I will but I'm not trying to find him.

Haaaaaaah please expound on this. So basically, you do you. Right? Just like what @Wyote said: being.

We all do us. Following Catholicism is you doing you.
Paganism has rules. :tearsofjoy: I acknowledge some of those rules.

My mother used to say, don't rely on your own strength. Listen to your ancestors. And I'm like: how do I even do that?

Ancestors are important in a lot of religions and spiritualities. Scientists believe some memories are genetically passed down to us. Try not to force it so literally.

A good example of an ancestral experience in my personal life was that dream I shared in my old blog where a Dís appeared to show me the meaning of my life. (The same dream where I found out what my fylgja/spirit animal was.) Dísir are ancestral dieties.

I wonder where that is, Sloe. So am I right in understanding that having God in your life is you living by a set of codes? Are these codes personal to you? Did you learn them along the way? Do you experience it as though these were taught to you or is it more like walking throughout life by yourself? What happens if you don't follow the code? Do you chastise yourself too?

Maybe that God is the potential that allowed for any of this (existence) and that includes the random chance by which we arose and evolved into a species with rudimentary ability to reflect on where we came from and where we are going.

The codes we live by may change and be influenced by individual experience, generation, culture, etc. They are kind of like a map to the heavens or hells that are a byproduct of freedom of choice.

Idk, kind of reasoning this out for myself as I write it.