Relationship vs Religion | Page 5 | INFJ Forum
@the
This is self evidenced by the behavior of most Christians towards one another and sinners alike. There is no Love, only Hatred and Judgement stemming from fear of the unknown God. They claim to have a relationship with Christ. Yet if they truly had a relationship there would be a change in their hearts and souls. Jesus did not come and die for our sins to create a religion. He came to provide a way for us to have a relationship that is very real and sincere. He is the only way to salvation. We can not earn it. It is by His Grace and Mercy that we are saved.

I apologize that I didn't go more in depth during the OP. I didn't want to dive in too deep. I wasn't sure how people would react.

@the

I apologize that I didn't go more in depth during the OP. I didn't want to dive in too deep. I wasn't sure how people would react.

Yeah, religion wasn't mentioned - which is necessary and a good thing btw. Don't fear the masses.

Yeah, religion wasn't mentioned - which is necessary and a good thing btw. Don't fear the masses.

Are you trolling me or actually serious?
It's hard to tell because I definitely mentioned religion and made it pretty clear what my view on it is.
I do not think religion is a necessary evil, it keeps people from having a Holy Spirit led relationship with Christ. Religion is the reason that the majority of Christians have never entered into maturity and had their minds renewed by the Holy Spirit.

Are you trolling me or actually serious?
It's hard to tell because I definitely mentioned religion and made it pretty clear what my view on it is.
I do not think religion is a necessary evil, it keeps people from having a Holy Spirit led relationship with Christ. Religion is the reason that the majority of Christians have never entered into maturity and had their minds renewed by the Holy Spirit.

This seems very "relevant" to the modern day... which is what raises red flags in my mind to this version of Christianity. What is the message you'd like for me to take away from this?

@the
I am not promoting anything of that sort. Why do you assume I am associated with that sort of thing? I only want truth and to know Christ as intimately as possible. Why would I want to get out of a religion only to go back into another one mixed with new age crap? Seeker sensitive bs, no thanks. Asking me what you should take away from that is the wrong question as I want nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dang
@dang
I am not promoting anything of that sort. Why do you assume I am associated with that sort of thing? I only want truth and to know Christ as intimately as possible. Why would I want to get out of a religion only to go back into another one mixed with new age crap? Seeker sensitive bs, no thanks. Asking me what you should take away from that is the wrong question as I want nothing to do with it.

This may be directed to me and not dang, but I meant take away from your video. The video I provided is what I have taken away already from the way you've presented your own religion. Just Protestants protesting Protestantism now.

@the
I am in no way associated with any religion, what do you not understand about that? I do not believe in any of the things presented in the video you posted. I believe in real discipleship taught by the Holy Spirit. I believe in having a living interactive relationship with Christ. This is not religion. Christ came to set people free from religion. He makes that very clear by His teachings. Great grace, peace, and joy to you in the love of Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misty
@the
I am in no way associated with any religion, what do you not understand about that? I do not belief in any of the things presented in the video you posted. I believe in real discipleship taught by the Holy Spirit. I believe in having a living interactive relationship with Christ. This is not religion. Christ came to set people free from religion. He makes that very clear by His teachings. Great grace, peace, and joy to you in the love of Christ.

You're talking about worshipping god, that's automatically religion. Christ didn't come to set anyone free of religion, im not sure why you've come to that conclusion.

@the

Religion is man made. God is not. He did come to set people free from religion. That is why His teachings offended the religious Jews(Pharisees and Saducees)
He came to bring freedom from man made doctrine and man made rules. His ways are higher than ours, His thoughts are higher than ours, and His truth is perfect. Worshiping God is not automatically religion. It can be a living and interactive relationship with your Heavenly Father. Religion is dead works that bear no fruit of the Holy Spirit.

@the
I am in no way associated with any religion, what do you not understand about that? I do not belief in any of the things presented in the video you posted. I believe in real discipleship taught by the Holy Spirit. I believe in having a living interactive relationship with Christ. This is not religion. Christ came to set people free from religion. He makes that very clear by His teachings. Great grace, peace, and joy to you in the love of Christ.
This...

@the
Religion is dead works that bear no fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Only because you are defining it as such.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Religion cannot be both the things described in that verse and what you are describing. If you don't accept this book of the bible that's fine, but we are probably coming from irreconcilable perspectives then.

@the
No I believe that word was translated wrong that is all. If you look at the context and go to the strongs concordance than you will see that it would be better translated as worship.

@the
No I believe that word was translated wrong that is all. If you look at the context and go to the strongs concordance than you will see that it would be better translated as worship.

"re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."
Your comment seems to still support my side of the discussion so thank you for that.

"re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."
Your comment seems to still support my side of the discussion so thank you for that.

If you worship me you'll go to heaven.

@the
wor·ship
ˈwərSHəp/
noun
  1. 1.
    the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
    "the worship of God"
    synonyms: reverence, veneration, adoration, glorification, glory, exaltation; More
verb
  1. 1.
    show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites.
    "the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods"
    synonyms: revere, reverence, venerate, pay homage to, honor, adore, praise, pray to, glorify, exalt, extol; More

Worship doesn't have to be religious, it is clear that religion is not needed for worship.

@the
Furthermore the fact that the definition of religion has worship in it has nothing to do with what I stated about the word in Greek being translated wrongly to English as religion vs worship.

@Love_Conquers_All , gereally any interaction, belief, or relationship with God is inherently religious. It's just what the word means.

As far as your comment about definitions not having anything to do... etc etc ... , you can refuse to acknowledge facts but it's not going to get us anywhere.