Proper Care of Your INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Proper Care of Your INFJ

Stop making posts I can't rep you for! :tongue:

Surprisingly accurate for me, aside from a few minor niggles.

Yes, actually. It works amazingly because we both understand our expectations for space and care giving, and happily slow our affections to a natural and sincere pace, and appreciate each other for them. It's really the best of both worlds. We give and receive, never overdoing it.

My INFJ and I only ever had 3 'fights' in 7 years, and the 'fights' consisted of us getting mad and not talking for 10 to 30 minutes, and then calling each other (at the same time) to say that we loved each other far more than whatever it was we were fighting about, and nothing was worth risking losing what we had.

The only time an INFJ + INFJ relationship encounters problems is when the two develop opposing ideals on any given issue that they both hold important. That can be a real locking of horns.

That very last bit makes a lot of sense.

regarding #4....

unless you are slant. Then they have no fucking clue.

You people are so good, it almost seems impossible. Seriously, if I have never seen an INFJ like that with my own eyes, I would have said those are just fairy tales. And many people won't believe me when I tell them about actual INFJs I know (without mentioning MBTI in the talk), because of similar reasons. It's hard to imagine you being real.

D'awww.

Awww

But to be honest, as sweet and cuddly and true as this guide is, my personal impression is that a lot of this would tick me the heck off in application... Especially if the person hit every single one of these items on any given day.

Getoffame. Let me take care of you!

It's true. I love taking care of people. I know for sure that I have fallen for someone when I have dreams of taking care of them. Those are my favorite dreams, too.

Yeah I cant rep Von anymore.... It says I need to spread the rep round WTF?!

"14. Always kiss your INFJ goodnight and tell them that you love them, even if you're not going to sleep when they do."

As a child this was extremely important to me. I had to say goodnight and tell every member of my family that I loved them or I would not be able to sleep. If my expression of love and peace wasn't reciprocated I wouldn't be able to sleep.

this is so good! :D

Yes, this is all very good!!! I never managed to receive proper care, but on the upside I did manage to get away from improper care...and for that I am grateful. That was twenty years ago. All in all I've survived pretty well....on fumes, yes, but hey, surviving is surviving!!!!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Now if only I could burn this into the memory of people who get involved with me, things would grand! Love this list.

Awesome. That first post made me shiver. Damn, it just makes me wanna be with an INFJ I know, so badly.

Does that list apply to INFJs who are with INFJs? Or do we know it all already? :D

J and P. Very simply.

INFJs are J types. We want to classify, plan ahead, and nail down.
INFPs are P types. They want to live in the moment, avoid labels and restrictions.

On a more complicated level, INFJs are Ni and Fe. We seek the one answer to any issue and use it to help others. INFPs are Ne and Fi. They focus on how they personally feel and radiate outward into infinite possibilities.
Would a good example be:
Something bothers the INFP and INFJ.
The INFP thinks: 'It'd be great if something could be done about that'
The INFJ thinks: 'I wonder what I could do about that'

By the way, that list is epic XD It feels like a lot of thought went into it :)

Would a good example be:
Something bothers the INFP and INFJ.
The INFP thinks: 'It'd be great if something could be done about that'
The INFJ thinks: 'I wonder what I could do about that'

By the way, that list is epic XD It feels like a lot of thought went into it :)

Thanks hun!

I think the better way to look at the differences would be to put them both in a situation. Let's say an INFP and an INFJ are at a carnival when they realize they got hoodwinked at a carnival game...

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what the problem is.

The INFP says "I was cheated!" (Self focused issue)
The INFJ says "This is unfair!" (Global issue)

Someone asks what about the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "This, this, this, and that..." (Very specific answer)
The INFJ says "Um, well, it's like, um, they did this thing and like..." (Hard time explaining)

Someone asks why the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "Because it just does!" (Hard time explaining)
The INFJ says "Because it is wrong!" (Very specific answer)

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what should be done about it.

The INFP says "I want my money back!" (Self solution based on situation)
The INFJ says "People shouldn't be allowed to do that to other people!" (Community solution based on rules)

I hope that helps make it more clear... seems like it might not.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness...I loved this...Thank you...seriously. I'm not sure why, but the original post just made me feel very optimistic about finding love one day. I felt everything really resonate all through my inner self. o_O

Even though I'm probably late to discovering this.

Last edited: