Proper Care of Your INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Proper Care of Your INFJ

That's because you will! :)

^_^ Yeah, thanks! I'll admit that sometimes I feel very doubtful but it's simple things like this that brings optimism. :m073:

I LOVE THIS LIST!!!!!!! SO TRUE!!!!
I saw myself in these, so much!!!!!!
I absolutely love when the person I am with comes up from behind me and puts their arms around me. hehe. (although it has never brought me to tears....)
And I think it's great that you are referring to INFJs as pets! haha! We are so eager to please! lol. :p

Awww

But to be honest, as sweet and cuddly and true as this guide is, my personal impression is that a lot of this would tick me the heck off in application... Especially if the person hit every single one of these items on any given day.

Getoffame. Let me take care of you!

Well, according to VH's other post, the good news is that INFJ's come in a variety of flavours... which I 100% agree with.

On a personal note, however, I think I wouldn't be able to be with another NF type. I need someone who can challenge me and whose edges I can soften. ENTP's and ENTJ's for me, please (although I definitely won't rule anyone out by type... just generally speaking, you know? :) )

I TOTALLY am the same way. While I do like being treated like a Princess, and I love this list, if someone does all of those things all of the time I would feel SO smothered. Like recently I was with an ENFP and he was just TOO loving. I prefer to be the emotional one. All my previous relationships were with Ts, and I think I'm gonna stick with that in the future. I like ENTPs and INTPs, and I currently like an ISTP. I don't think I could date another INFJ. (also...don't know if I could date a J...hmm...)

INFJ's sound a lot like INFP's.

I take that as an insult.

haha.

Seriously though.

:m123: We are SO different! Look it up!

<3

:m161:

1. This seems like some kind of INFJ's Do it Better thread which are pretty prolific here.

2. It makes INFJ's sound like a tamogachi.

Although it was interesting to read.

Thanks hun!

I think the better way to look at the differences would be to put them both in a situation. Let's say an INFP and an INFJ are at a carnival when they realize they got hoodwinked at a carnival game...

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what the problem is.

The INFP says "I was cheated!" (Self focused issue)
The INFJ says "This is unfair!" (Global issue)

Someone asks what about the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "This, this, this, and that..." (Very specific answer)
The INFJ says "Um, well, it's like, um, they did this thing and like..." (Hard time explaining)

Someone asks why the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "Because it just does!" (Hard time explaining)
The INFJ says "Because it is wrong!" (Very specific answer)

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what should be done about it.

The INFP says "I want my money back!" (Self solution based on situation)
The INFJ says "People shouldn't be allowed to do that to other people!" (Community solution based on rules)

I hope that helps make it more clear... seems like it might not.

The INFJ descriptions fits me Perfectly....Thank you Von!!

Thanks hun!

I think the better way to look at the differences would be to put them both in a situation. Let's say an INFP and an INFJ are at a carnival when they realize they got hoodwinked at a carnival game...

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what the problem is.

The INFP says "I was cheated!" (Self focused issue)
The INFJ says "This is unfair!" (Global issue)

Someone asks what about the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "This, this, this, and that..." (Very specific answer)
The INFJ says "Um, well, it's like, um, they did this thing and like..." (Hard time explaining)

Someone asks why the issue is bothering an INFP and an INFJ.

The INFP says "Because it just does!" (Hard time explaining)
The INFJ says "Because it is wrong!" (Very specific answer)

Someone asks an INFP and an INFJ what should be done about it.

The INFP says "I want my money back!" (Self solution based on situation)
The INFJ says "People shouldn't be allowed to do that to other people!" (Community solution based on rules)

I hope that helps make it more clear... seems like it might not.

wow, this makes a lot of sense now...

thank you!

Hear, hear, about time someone figured this out and posted it, so we can print it out for our loved ones. I'm printing, even as I write. I do think TDHT makes a good point as well, but on his good days my b/f (I think he's an ENFJ) hits every point on this list and I adore it. When his black moods are upon him, however, it's very different and my poor INFJ sensitivities feel quite flayed.

Last edited:
5. We love it when you just walk up to us and hold us. No words. Nothing complicated. Just gently wrap your arms around us and focus on how you feel about us. We can feel it like it is pouring out of you and into us.

At this point I thought, "I would probably cry if someone this close to me did this..", and then....

Don't be alarmed if we cry when you do this.

Totally nailed it. Wow.

The list accurately describes my INFJ. I believe that INFJ's are able to have the deepest of relationships once they find the "right one."

Awww. Von Hase, this was absolutely brilliant! <3 It made me smile haha.

5. We love it when you just walk up to us and hold us. No words. Nothing complicated.

My friend did this to me since one time. No wonder it stuck in my head. He probably doesn't even remember doing it. Haha.

Great list, really. I'd rep you if I could. XD

The list accurately describes my INFJ. I believe that INFJ's are able to have the deepest of relationships once they find the "right one."

I agree, but this is also because we won't let our walls don't for someone who is not the 'right one'. We desperately want to have this kind of relationship. It's just a matter of finding someone we can trust to allow into this sacred place in our hearts and minds.

I agree, but this is also because we won't let our walls don't for someone who is not the 'right one'. We desperately want to have this kind of relationship. It's just a matter of finding someone we can trust to allow into this sacred place in our hearts and minds.

nod nod.:m142:

OKay, so that is the romantic guide....when are the guides for 'Your INFJ in the Workplace', And 'Care and Maintenance of the INFJ Friend' coming out ;)

One guide line for all variety of relationships with an INFJ above acquaintance:

If you are in trouble, TALK TO YOUR INFJ. they want to hear, and they want to help you, no matter the circumstances. and no matter what you do, do NOT leave your INFJ in the dark. Though we can have some amazing insights, we are not truly mind readers, and can not figure out who said what by you staring at us. (meaning word by word, we can tell what you think it means, but we can't correct you if we don't have this spoken info)

For example, I sleep with my cell phone under my pillow, so that if someone needs me at 4 am, and I'm asleep, my phone will wake me and we can have that 3 hour conversation that you need. I also make sure all my friends know I do this, and I really, truly don't mind.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=N

Another one:

We often have some difficulty starting a conversation, and we are especially bad at small talk (this possibly comes from us not needing to ask how you are, as we already know). So, please, if you have questions for us, ask us, we want to tell you. Also, the more specific the question, the better we are at answering. With very general questions (ie "What's he like?") we don't know where to begin, and we will stare at you blankly for a little while.

Also, in conversation, we have a tendency to start talking about you, when we should be talking about ourselves. If you notice this, feel free to direct the conversation back to us, we don't know how (actually, we probably do, we're just bad at putting it to practice in this sort of situation).

Reactions: Raccoon Love
This is one of the classic reasons we INFJs tend to test a little lower on Fe than we might otherwise. We're not much for the politenesses of small talk and etiquette banter, as the description of Fe normally implies. We already know these things because they are one of our biggest priorities, and we use our amazing Ni to see them right off the bat.

We don't need to tell you hello, ask you how you are, how things have been, or any of the other social currencies. When we know you well enough to read you (which doesn't take long), we already know these things at a glance.

Thank you for posting this. It's one of those little points about our type that doesn't line up with a lot of the descriptions of Fe, because those descriptions are so biased by all the SFJs from which they based them on. Introverted Sensing, my old nemesis, strikes again!

haha no wonder, would you consider then ISFJ and INFJ to be very different? Can an INFJ mistype themselves as an ISFJ?..i like the points that you made that SFJ's tend to have stronger J's, it all makes sense now why my J is so low.