Proper Care of Your INFJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Proper Care of Your INFJ

haha no wonder, would you consider then ISFJ and INFJ to be very different? Can an INFJ mistype themselves as an ISFJ?..i like the points that you made that SFJ's tend to have stronger J's, it all makes sense now why my J is so low.

It makes sense why most INFJs' J scores are so low.

It's actually pretty rare that INFJs mistype as ISFJs because by nature, the S and N functions are so drastically different being Dominant vs Inferior. INFJs almost always have a clear N preference in their scores, higher than most of their other scores, almost always higher than F.

However, I have seen ISFJs mistype as INFJs. I think this is because they are over estimating their 'intuitive' abilities in self assessment - though this usually depends on the test, and those tests that try to isolate specific cognitive functions tend to do a good job of separating them out. Very few INFJs develop a strong Si as a mix of Ni and Se, but it has been known to happen.

OKay, so that is the romantic guide....when are the guides for 'Your INFJ in the Workplace', And 'Care and Maintenance of the INFJ Friend' coming out ;)

I think those are guides that should be written, but they kinda presume that our coworkers, bosses, etc, care to bother looking us up to try to understand us, and the problem with that is people have this messed up tendency to assume they have us figured out, and if anything is not to their liking, it's just something that is 'wrong' with us.

Reactions: Blind Bandit

It's actually pretty rare that INFJs mistype as ISFJs because by nature, the S and N functions are so drastically different being Dominant vs Inferior. INFJs almost always have a clear N preference in their scores, higher than most of their other scores, almost always higher than F.

However, I have seen ISFJs mistype as INFJs. I think this is because they are over estimating their 'intuitive' abilities in self assessment - though this usually depends on the test, and those tests that try to isolate specific cognitive functions tend to do a good job of separating them out. Very few INFJs develop a strong Si as a mix of Ni and Se, but it has been known to happen.

Yes, I think there's a lot of mistyping specially between N and S on online testing, I think it will explain why the N statistics online are tremendously high, not only because of the fact that we are more interested in this sort of activities but because many tend to overestimate their intuitive capabilities since it sounds ''good on paper'', not realizing that both traits are very important to our growth, thanks once again for explaining this, I just wanted to know because I've tested ISFJ like 1 time in which the sensing vs intuition score was very close, but I think during that time, I was trying to answer what seem right instead of my true self. I did not understand the different cognitive functions very well at that time and was taking one of those random online assessments.

I think it will explain why the N statistics online are tremendously high

Actually, according to statistics from the Myers Briggs Institute, the total N population is less than 20%.

I'd estimate that to be closer to correct than not. If I had to guess, I'd say that it is closer to 15%, with 10% being N secondary (INFP > INTP > ENTJ > ENFJ), and 5% being N dominant (ENFP > ENTP > INTJ > INFJ). I'd assume that there is the same percentage of people mistyping S as there are N, which averages the figures out, with a slight lean toward N populations being lower than reported.

But that's all my own conjecture.

Actually, according to statistics from the Myers Briggs Institute, the total N population is less than 20%.

I'd estimate that to be closer to correct than not. If I had to guess, I'd say that it is closer to 15%, with 10% being N secondary (INFP > INTP > ENTJ > ENFJ), and 5% being N dominant (ENFP > ENTP > INTJ > INFJ). I'd assume that there is the same percentage of people mistyping S as there are N, which averages the figures out, with a slight lean toward N populations being lower than reported.

But that's all my own conjecture.

Ahh ok, I was mainly looking at statistics from online forums, which have linked to the tests but the official ones seem pretty accurate, so I guess even online us N's are quite rare.

So I'm trying to come up with more these, because they're fun. However, I'm not so certain that what I say is representative of all INFJs, so doubts are welcome:

Frankness, while not always needed, is always appreciated. (ie if you feel you need some sort of social barrier between us [like a personal bubble], and we keep keep breaking it, do not just grit your teeth and take it, and tell us in plain language. we will respect your wishes).

[QUOTE=N

[QUOTE=N

Do not be afraid to carry most of the conversation. If you start to feel that you've been talking to long, you can be certain that the INFJ to whom you're talking is feeling awkward for not having anything to say. If we had something to say, believe that we are good enough to get it into the conversation (and you probably won't even know we were trying).

INFJ's do not do well with meet-and-greets. If you are the one person in a crowd who we know, please forgive us for latching onto you. What will probably happen is that, while you wander the room meeting people, we will follow you around, and meet people, almost through you. If you enjoy this sort of set up (meeting new people, but having a constant familiar companion), please let us know, because we probably feel rather awkward, as though we're imposing on you.

Last edited:
I wish that I come with handbook.

We should get t-shirts.

so I'm having a LOT of fun with this, thanks Von Hase for the idea! some new ones:

If you are close to your IFNJ (beyond acquaintance level), do not be afraid to hug your INFJ. We will rarely initiate it, unless you look like you need one, but we do love them.

Do not be afraid to get your INFJ out of their shell. We enjoy socializing greatly, but we rarely initiate something like a night out. Therefore, if you have an idea for the night, say so, and we’ll happily come along. Even if it’s just an idea, present it, and your INFJ will more than happily work out the details and bring it to fruition.

That being said, we can’t survive socializing all the time. Let us have our days to relax on our own to recharge our minds, and we’ll be back shortly.

and some more romantic ones:

We love the simple things in life, and find sharing them incredibly romantic. This means that our ideal dates can include a walk in the park, watching the sun set, or cuddling by a fire.

We are also helplessly romantic, so if its clich

[QUOTE=N

So, I'm still working on this, and I don't know when I'll be done. I've come up with a few more, but I'm slowing down.

Platonic:
INFJs LOVE random acts of kindness. Please do not be alarmed if your INFJ suddenly walks off to cheer up a random stranger, or gives maybe a little too much money to the beggar on the street corner.

If you INFJ is being secretive about one of the acts of kindness, and you notice, please to not give them recognition, or announce that they’re the one who did this nice thing. The best way to thank your INFJ is to simply be happy, and not saying “Thank you.” INFJ’s kind of love the feeling of being like a fairy godmother, who makes things just sort of happen.
(I think I need some help phrasing this, suggestions?)

Romantic:
Your INFJ does not like to be pampered too much. While the occasion thing is more than welcome, it should only be on occasion (the more random the better). We would much rather be pampering you.

I want somebody to take proper care of this tired and sad INFJ...

I promise to that person that I am not like Gremlins, I don't become monster if I eat after midnight (I don't even eat late). I don't usually become monster.
Please...

#8 ahaha. That is so me. I was working in my art building's basement today and I just couldn't take it any more, so I wandered upstairs and spaced out for a while in the printmaking room - looking at other students' artworks....

#19 I came to that realization recently in my lit. class - talking about Oscar Wilde and Lord Alfred Douglas, and how Wilde would stop writing when Douglas was around, would stop doing his art; I would never stop doing my art, not even for someone I loved very much.

We love the simple things in life, and find sharing them incredibly romantic. This means that our ideal dates can include a walk in the park, watching the sun set, or cuddling by a fire.

We are also helplessly romantic, so if its clich

Reactions: Jana