Pet Peeves | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

I don't understand the hype about Facebook myself. I started one to be able to search for an old friend. I deactivated it. I started it again to search for another friend who I knew was on there. I check it maybe once every couple of months. I don't like the way ti looks, the way it operates and it seems kinda pointless to me. Maybe I'm just not hip enough.

Haha, noooo! It honestly doesn't bother me when people do it here...probably because I know they are just doing it for the lulz and that they are completely capable of typing an intelligent, coherent post. Now, on Facedumb...that's another story. Seeing stuff like this makes me cringe:"
mygoshthisdramahastostop whatsgowingon welovezak whycantweallgetalong"
or "
i wishe i cold be a gost so i can come in your room and haunte you."
...urgh! That and status messages typed with tons of spelling errors (hello! Firefox and Chrome have spellcheck) or zero punctuation, long ass run on sentences where you can't tell where one stupid thought ends and the next begins.

edit: I have no idea why this post looks like that...I tried to fix it. Glitches...bah!

Not using apostrophes when appropriate is something that makes me shudder. A strange, random pet peeve that probably shouldn't bother me, but yeah... "wont" and "won't" mean two very different things, as do "cant" and "can't."

"Whats" is not a word.

I don't understand the hype about Facebook myself. I started one to be able to search for an old friend. I deactivated it. I started it again to search for another friend who I knew was on there. I check it maybe once every couple of months. I don't like the way ti looks, the way it operates and it seems kinda pointless to me. Maybe I'm just not hip enough.

:( Oh...

Freudian Slip

Worship my Te....
Stuff yer Fe

Reactions: Melt
Pet peeves, oh I have a few:

* When I'm standing over a person who takes forever and a leap year to use their computer mouse to glide across the screen, select menu, pick from the drop down, etc. The needle in my frustration meter begins to quiver dangerously close to 'homicidal.'

*People who dress up their dogs in sweaters or booties or any kind of clothing. It's not cute. The poor animal does not only look stupid and uncomfortable, but is likely also embarrassed on your behalf.

*People eating in my car. Or on my bed. Or on my couch. Basically, people eating anywhere but at a table or at their desk or otherwise any other flat surface that can be utilized for dining. I despise crumbs.

*People who are more than 10-15 minutes late who a. don't call ahead to give me an ETA and b. don't apologize for it when they finally arrive. My time is precious too, your highness.

*People who sit at the red light on the right-turn lane and don't make room for the person directly behind them who has their right-turn signal on.

*People who chew with their mouth open, smack their lips together, and/or make loud, eating noises.

*People who gape at you from the other car when you're sitting at a stop light. Mind you're own friggin' business, you creep!

*People who answer their cellphone in a quiet, public place and proceed to have an excessively loud and obnoxious conversation that everyone can hear.

Not using apostrophes when appropriate is something that makes me shudder. A strange, random pet peeve that probably shouldn't bother
Code:
me
, but yeah... "wont" and "won't" mean two very different things, as do "cant" and "can't."

"Whats" is not a word.

Oh, I know!!! There is just so much wrong in that post, my inner grammar nazi was all OMGWTFBLARRRRGH! Another
one that drives me batshit is "a lot" posted as one word. *insert rage face*

[MENTION=3096]Stormy1[/MENTION]
I can see why some avoid FB like the plague. It's basically legalized cyberstalking unless you know how to get the settings just right. It's the passive-aggressive mecca of the cyber world, but I keep mine active just to stay in touch with my long-distance friends. I'm horrible about keeping in touch any other way.

Passive aggressive behavior. Out with it already.
Wishy Washy Namby Bamby "I don't know what to do"/ "I just don't know" people. Make A Decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said that before because it is doubly true!

When people say negative things about themselves over and over to the point it becomes a self encouraged trait/self fulfilling prophecy. "I'm too weird/crazy/depressed/whatever, I don't know how people can stand me" or "I'm just not a smart person" or "Oh I'm just not good at this or that".

Also, people apologizing/trying to take blame for things that don't have anything to do with them or any actions or decisions they've made, but for some reason they narcissistically imagine they do.

Reactions: Melt, AKM and Nixie
*People who gape at you from the other car when you're sitting at a stop light. Mind you're own friggin' business, you creep!

couldn't agree more with that one

[MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION] pretty much exhausted half my list lol

~Skinny people who freak out over gaining two lbs
~fat people who complain about being fat and won't do anything about it
~People who make excessively ignorant statements because they don't read or watch the news
~People who hover over me when it's unnecessary
~People who refuse to use a signal when they change lanes
~people who try to rush me through a light even though it's unsafe to

Anyone notice you have to walk a fine line between acting on frustration and not?

If you always act you turn into some kind of rage monster that finds smaller and smaller slights to rage against.

If you don't you put distance between how you actually feel about things and display some sort of happy/jokey mask that responds almost automatically and so you tend to spit out replies that may just be part of an answer you wish to give.

Hmm, pet peeves?

- People hovering over your shoulder.

- Those that believe another to be wrong and so chooses to patronise instead of help.

- Those that choose to humiliate people that aren't very intelligent in ways that the person doesn't understand and hangs around just to continue to do so.

- Those that only look after number one. (constantly)

- People who seem to have "shout, insult and generally rage" as their goto function.

Reactions: Melt and Sloe Djinn
Logical fallacies and superstition being held above reason.

I can't figure out why people are okay with it. It doesn't make me mad... I just don't see why people are stuck there and it annoys me.

Clicking on "new posts" and seeing "tactical panda" as the last poster in every single one of the top 5 most recent posts to threads ;)

People that quibble and stand their ground over a very slight price discrepancy (Pennies) at the check out lane, and go as far as getting the manager involved. Meanwhile holding everyone else in line hostage.
If it were to their favor, they would never argue they should pay the additional.

People that lack an understanding of Intellectual honesty.

People who type like a retarded, one-armed lab ape. Nothing annoys me more than people who constantly type their entire post in some f'ed up form of txt speak, run-on sentences with zero punctuation, or shit that is so incoherent that you need to drop 20 IQ points to decipher it...aka about 90% of the posts on Facebook.

When I read these writings, I imagine the people who write it talk just like that when they speak. I also just can't take them seriously.

People humanizing animals. Often, the reason pets have behavioral issues is because they are not being treated in a way that is true to their nature. Animal must be treated like an animal, not as a human. It is not human. It is an animal.

Keeping a dog pent us in a house, and dressed up as a doll will cause it nothing but frustration. Then you wonder why the fcuk it chews on the furniture. Well, no wonder genius.

People who get impatient when it is my turn in line even if I want to bitch that it scanned wrong.

Reactions: MindYourHead
When people don't take the literal seconds that it would take to walk the 2 steps to get to the trash can/recycling and instead leave fruit or vegetable peels and empty cans or bags or other garbage in the kitchen sink amongst the dirty dishes "to get to it later". Just walk the freaking 2 steps to the damn trash can! Most likely, they're gonna forget, or keep putting it off because it doesn't matter to them. Then someone else like ME is going to look in the sink and be grossed out and thus compelled to clean up their mess. GRRRR! The sink is not a garbage can!

Nasty ass women who can't flush the toilet in a public restroom
Being in a public restroom and seeing an even nastier woman walk out without washing their hands---seriously, it takes a minute or so