Pet Peeves | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

1) When someone I'm waiting for says, "I'll be there in 15 minutes" but those 15 minutes turn into 30, sometimes 45 minutes. I can understand if you had an emergency or if you lost track of time but I get irritated when that situation happens time after time.

2) "I'm on my way" to most means --> still at home

"I'm on my way" to me means ---> Actually on my way

3) When friends tell me that Metal is all screaming, then I show them this and they say it's Rock. :|

[video=youtube;KypGr9G637Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypGr9G637Y[/video]

Reactions: Melt and mochi
-when people don't signal when they drive.
-when people talk in the library.
-people who constantly talk about themselves.

:m185:

Reactions: Melt
-Elitism/those who feel superior to others (really bothers me)
-When someone talks/interrupts me when I'm clearly pre-occupided (studying/reading comes to mind)
-Someone watching me while I work on/create something.
-Those who don't signal when they drive (as listed above)
-Those few who can't sympathize/understand that all people face adversity/have stressors (not just you).

- People who try to get into my head. As in either thinking they know exactly what am I thinking or trying to convince me to what I am supposed to feel/think (which I guess no one is actually is able to judge, especially if I've not asked for advice).
- The already mentioned tactless.
- Being invasive in any way (a bit of a mix of the two above).
- Excess of political correctness.
- Not so much, but still a bit annoying: overexposing oneself. The other day I read on Twitter how an acquaintance felt so much relieved when her period came. Did I mention her tweets are unprotected?

(fussy, me?)

People making really gross coughing gurgling noises or slurping back their mucous.
I was in the library trying to work and someone was making these horrific sounds for two hours straight every two minutes.
I wanted to puke and I was probably just as annoying to everyone around me because every time I heard these trollacious throaty gagging sounds I would mutter,
"Oh god damnit."

I hate the expression 'pit stop'....... 'Well, we're almost at the Big Game Honey, just need to take a quick pit stop before we arrive...' It reminds me of Neanderthals answering nature's call over a pit.

Drivers that try to merge onto the interstate at 45 mph when traffic is moving at 70 mph.

The term, "Man cave".

My coworker that talks incessantly, and narrates her day. blah,blah,blah.
(she is talking at me this very moment)

Companies that don't respond to email inquiries.

People that spit on sidewalks. (Was that really necessary? Are you ill?)

People that park at the gas pumps even though they aren't buying gas.

Braggarts.

Movie remakes.

Customers that have a drop dead gotta have it rush job. Then don't pick it up until 2 weeks later.

People that let their cats roam the neighborhood.

People that litter.

Lateness in others.

Last edited:
parents who name their children a diminutive form of a "real name" like:

Jack instead of John
Bob instead of Robert
Beth instead of Elizabeth
Lola instead of Dolores

'Jack' should not be on your birth certificate.

Reactions: Saru Inc
These are mine:

1. Whistling (particularly with poor intonation)
2. Scuffing feet while walking
3. Chewing with mouth open/slurping
4. Poor hygiene
5. Loud music all the time

I can handle all of these to a limited extent, but when taken to extremes or having to be around someone who does them all the time, they can get to me. The first two are from me being in band in high school. I don't know where 3 came from. Four only bothers me if I know the people do have the ability to clean themselves and are just choosing not to do it. Five is from being in college.

When people hint around a subject just so you can ask questions, then they say "I don't want to talk about it." If you don't want to talk about it, then keep yer trap shut about it in the first place.

Right this second?

When people disregard personal boundaries even when same have been made abundantly clear to them.

People who play head games.
People who hurt other people to make themselves feel better.

Last edited:
When women call each other sluts or whores.
I cringe whenever I hear that.. and just reamed my little teenage cousin out for using the word.

Reactions: the
When people are blocking the escalator by not standing on the right side, which is the etiquette here.
When people in shopping malls walk around disoriented, without a clear path nor direction.
Generally, when people are uncoordinated.

When people are blocking the escalator by not standing on the right side, which is the etiquette here.

Along those same lines.
When the elevator door opens and those waiting to get on immediately start elbowing their way in before those on the elevator can get off.

When people write on and highlight library books that belong to everyone.

People who fuck around texting or playing games on their phones when you are face to face with them in person.

Man haters.

By all means, talk about what you're into. But if you can't express why you're into it then there's no point.