Pet Peeves | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

I hate that zombie feeling after eating pasta. It's like every time I step into a Western restaurant it's a guaranteed food coma afterwards from the bread and pasta.

What is food coma?

Mostly because it's dangerous - when the radio ads make a screeching car sound or honking noise to get more attention.

Taking a long road trip and ending up stuck next to a person who possesses the most annoying, incessant horse laugh in the entire world.

Complacent behavior.

Sorry if this has been said already, I didn't read through the entire thread.

I can't stand people who intentionally leave information out while talking to you, with the goal of making you ask a question so they can continue talking and it looks like you're actually interested. The thing is, though, if you go long enough without actually asking the question they clearly want, they'll probably answer it anyway.
Is there a name for this sort of thing? I find it a horribly annoying habit.

Mostly because it's dangerous - when the radio ads make a screeching car sound or honking noise to get more attention.

Or a siren.

People who insist on telling me what I should do with my life and they aren't related to me.

People who talk at you. One of my co-workers will drive me to drink. They talk and talk. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't tell the same stupid stories over and over again. The desperate and excessive chatter is mindnumbing and more tedious than I can describe. Toss in nasty comments about everyone under the sun on top of their pontifications and goddamn it's 2 hours later. I want to scream shut the fuck up sometimes. However, I am at work so I endure. I patiently try not to roll my eyes or give heavy sighs but damn it is hard.

Reactions: MindYourHead
Here is a really big one, that has been especially relevant lately...

People "helping" me with things before asking me if I wanted the help to begin with. I control my immediate reaction of annoyance the best that I can since I know for the most part people are well intentioned and really are just trying to be nice when this happens. But I would really rather people ask me first instead of just "doing". I have specific ways I like to do certain things, and I feel more competent and happy in general when I can take care of myself. If I do not need the help, I do not want it. It feels disrespectful on some level also for others to not acknowledge that I may not even want them to interfere with what I was doing. Thus, why I really love it when people ASK instead of just assuming.

Also, if I ask for help with a specific thing, I mean with that specific thing. Not that and everything else related to it afterwards. Again, a simple "was that it, can I do something else?" would be great. If I say no, I hope to hear a return of "alright, cool let me know if you need me" (or to be honest one could say even less than that, but just as an example). I have had people get pissed at me for refusing their help in the past (usually because they did not ask and just jumped in and I had to interject and say "HEY I would like to continue doing this myself, thanks anyway"), and this greatly irritates me. It would all be so easy to avoid if only that whole ASKING thing would happen!

I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but I don't like it when people overlook small details when they should be doing a good job of something. I mean kudos to them for trying to come up with something, but it's the kind of thing that makes me twitch when I have to witness it.

Example 1: When people cosplay. If you're fan enough to cosplay, then wouldn't you want to make sure it's as perfect as possible? It bugs me when people do things like get the length of certain costume parts disproportionate, or they don't even attempt to do the makeup that portrays the character accurately, or they make it look tacky.. things like that.

Example 2: When people try to show off their foreign language "skill" and don't even pay attention to the nuances in articulation and just utterly fail.

Example 3: When I see people applying to places and handing out resumes that are full of typos. If there is a level of not giving a fuck I could assign to that, it would be like... giving an infinite amount of inverted fuckness.

These all disturb me because the errors are usually all REALLY glaringly obvious and require such a low level of skill and effort to correct. o_O

Reactions: Jill Hives
Just about everything on this entire thread.

People who take so long to process the fact that it is clear enough to pull out that they make you brake because by the time they react/act it is too late and you are too close. Really, how long does it take to think?

Indirectness.

Example of the decade: my mother.

"I was wanting to do some laundry today. I was gonna wait until after your shower." +that certain tone that I have come to know and "love".
Translation for directness - "Could you please take your shower soon, because I would like to do my laundry now."

If she was anyone else, I would not assume this is what she meant. "I wanted to do some laundry today." That says to me that you wanted to do laundry today, at some point. It could mean in 5 minutes, it could mean in 3 hours from now. It could mean before you go to bed. "I was gonna wait until after your shower." Again, another statement. Not a request, not a question. A statement. I could easily sit here and think "okay", to all of that, and continue on with my business assuming that she has no particular time in mind for any of this, thus having no reason to hurry. Meanwhile she would get pissed that I was taking my sweet time getting to the shower.

Be direct. Just say what you ACTUALLY want. Fuck. Is this really so hard? Apparently it is.

Chew with your mouth closed.
And keep the eating noises to a minimum.

- people being ruled by their emotions and always doing the exact opposite of right, even ganging up (or attempting to... it doesn't work so well on an INTJ anti-phobic) on the person who's actually right
- lies
- social climbing and stratification of ALL types... anyone that tried to rise above the rest needs to be beaten down and anyone down low needs to be pulled up
- global warming (read stupid human emotions)
- stubbing my toe and stepping on thumb tacks
- baiting and switching
- tobacco
- aggressive drivers (see global warming & social climbing)
- abstractions, computers specifically
- obfuscation
- ESFPs (hahahahahahahahaha!)
- heavy metal
- internal combustion
- hunting for sport
- instigators
- search engines that hide info better than find it & spam results
- people that can't wait their turn to speak
- most seafood and berries
- queens!!!!!!!!
- trying to win a battle of wits with a reality denying idiot (see obfuscation)
- foxnews & rush lameboy and all the other right wing evil lying sacks of crap
- horror & gore etc. and how it permeates EVERYTHING, even kids movies like "UP!"

OK, i'll quit while i'm tired here. otherwise, this could go on for days

When I get startled while my nail polish is drying and it messes up and I have to redo it. :mtap:

People who insist on telling me what I should do with my life and they aren't related to me.

People who talk at you. One of my co-workers will drive me to drink. They talk and talk. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't tell the same stupid stories over and over again. The desperate and excessive chatter is mindnumbing and more tedious than I can describe. Toss in nasty comments about everyone under the sun on top of their pontifications and goddamn it's 2 hours later. I want to scream shut the fuck up sometimes. However, I am at work so I endure. I patiently try not to roll my eyes or give heavy sighs but damn it is hard.

I listen to my iPod, my anti-social best friend in public.

[MENTION=3096]Stormy1[/MENTION],
People should not be driven into drinking because of others' annoyance and opinionated views, or a bad character in general (subjective).
Just smile and nod then forget about it next minute. Nothing you can do about her but you could just not take her words close at all and at least avoid a conflict at the work place and save all the frustration. Showing any weakness would defeat the purpose.
If I were to take close and personal some of the things I heard from people that have no idea about me I would be a raging alcoholic by now :)