Personalities in person vs online | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personalities in person vs online

There's a delicate equation to online relations.
Love a person online= You do O.K. in person, you like them a lot but do not love
Like a person online= In person, you find them boring but easy to tolerate
O.K. with a person online= Bloody hate them in person
Hate a person online= If you were left in a room with this guy ( obviously in person) and each of you have a hacksaw...good luck. Hope you come out alive.

Heh, I like this. But you're saying it's not possible to love someone in real life if you've met them online?

Well, I guess that's possible but it's beyond my level of emotional comprehension. In order for that to happen, well, here's the equation:

Online, You have met your soul mate and or or someone you could equate to a god. They are so totally awesome that they transend love and enter a weird, alternate dimension in which you cannot begin to describe in words= You guys meet and realize you guys just love each other a lot and that your sudden realization of god was just a phase and you resume being athiests

Last edited:
O.K. with a person online= Bloody hate them in person
Hate a person online= If you were left in a room with this guy ( obviously in person) and each of you have a hacksaw...good luck. Hope you come out alive.

Lol. :D

Well, I guess that's possible but it's beyond my level of emotional comprehension. In order for that to happen, well, here's the equation:

Online, You have met your soul mate and or or someone you could equate to a god. They are so totally awesome that they transend love and enter a weird, alternate dimension in which you cannot begin to describe in words= You guys meet and realize you guys just love each other a lot and that your sudden realization of god was just a phase and you resume being athiests

What if you love someone online, meet them but you like them. However because you like them you hang out with them and then you really develop love for them because the capacity to love them is actually there as illustrated prior to actually meeting them. There is time to develop a relationship. It's not like "Fuck off" as soon as you meet them if they don't meet your exacting standard. Well I hope not.

What if you love someone online, meet them but you like them. However because you like them you hang out with them and then you really develop love for them because the capacity to love them is actually there as illustrated prior to actually meeting them. There is time to develop a relationship. It's not like "Fuck off" as soon as you meet them if they don't meet your exacting standard. Well I hope not.
Love a person online= You do O.K. in person, you like them a lot but do not love

That's what it falls under. I'm not talking about what happens after you meet offline and hang out longterm, I'm just saying intially this is most likely what happens. So the situation you describe falls under the 'love a person online, ok in person' category.

Oh okay. How can you love someone whom you've only known online?

Oh okay. How can you love someone whom you've only known online?
I don't know.

Again, that's beyond my abilies of emotional comprehension.

You can love the idea of the person you interact with online but not the complete person they may be in person. Even if we try to present what we think is a true self online, it's still not the complete picture. So, when you get to know someone online, you're not seeing everything. You may be attracted to the person they reflect online, but it's not a substitute for the real person, which is why interpersonal interaction offline is quite different.

Last edited:
Yeah! And thats why my equations work!

By my book now about these relationships by calling

1-800-fags

that's right
1-800-fags

We all smoke them once in our life!

I have a much harder time communicating with people I interact with than online. This is because I am extremely introverted and have a very hard time expressing my ideas and beliefs. I am also sort of withdrawn from people because I want to avoid conflict or misunderstandings. I am also seem as strange by others around me. I live in a community and to be more general city (Miami) where basically everyone is extroverted, not only that but I'm pretty most are ESXX. Growing up, I have been bullied by a lot of kids, and even know that I'm in 11th grade the problem continues. I barely talk to anybody and when I am talking is usually others approaching me wanting to copy my homework or something. They would even sometimes pretend to be my friend just for that purpose, but I know what they are realty up to and have been back stabbed several of times by those people. I tend to relate with introverts better, and when I do meet one in Miami I try to approach them but we are just way to ''shy'' or ''Not interested'' to talk, which makes communication extremely difficult.

Just wanted to give you a big hug, RL :hug:. I had written a longer reply for you when I read that, but decided to keep it short. Let me know if you want to talk more or just need someone to talk to about anything. One thing I am going to say is that as hard as it may be, you have to speak up and stand up for yourself. At least now by joining this forum, you know that there're many people out there like you and many people can relate (and I can), so you no longer have to feel alone, even though this is all on the internet.
Have a good day at school tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give you a big hug, RL :hug:. I had written a longer reply for you when I read that, but decided to keep it short. Let me know if you want to talk more or just need someone to talk to about anything. One thing I am going to say is that as hard as it may be, you have to speak up and stand up for yourself. At least now by joining this forum, you know that there're many people out there like you and many people can relate (and I can), so you no longer have to feel alone, even though this is all on the internet.
Have a good day at school tomorrow.

Thank you, I really appreciate your response, and I'm happy to have joined this forum!!. I would try to stay positive and enjoy school tomorrow.

my online personality is about the same as my real life one. I'm willing to bet that I'd be comfortable with everyone on here in person. I'm not afraid to be myself :smile:

Yes, there are some people who I definitely get along better with online than in person. And there are also some people who I get along much better with in person than online.

I've had a lot of bad experience with out people present themselves online, so I don't believe that anyone acts online how they are in person anymore because very few do it seems.

I don't understand the question.

You say "In an ideal world, yes we should be the same on and offline (in a perfect world)", I'm curious as to why it matters how someone presents themself online or if it doesn't line up with who they are irl?

Last edited:
I think the quality of how someone behaves online and offline would be influenced by how willing they are to be themselves.

I've noticed that some extroverts appear as introverts online and vice-versa! Usually ones online persona is a representation of the desires of their offline persona. I, for example, met someone online and found their offline persona to be more attractive than their online one (usually it is the other way around). Their online persona was more sexualized and neurotic. Their offline persona was cute but a lot more cautious.

Regardless, I still think its useful to know someone online as well since their online persona is a better reflection of their inner world and desires.

Last edited:
I'm usually speak quite slowly in RL, but obviously you can't tell speaking speed through text online XD
I also tend to sit back and let others talk, mostly talking to kind of connect things, but I do talk to my friends a lot. I'm pretty introverted.
Online, I find that I can structure my sentences better as I can think things through XD a lot of people in RL (even my family) have issues understanding what I'm trying to talk about. Be grateful you don't have to speak to me face-to-face! XD

I'm pretty much the same online and in person: I talk/write too much and reveal too much, as if my personal thoughts and internal workings were interesting to everyone. The biggest difference is that I'm much more coherent when I write than when I speak; somehow I cannot think with my mouth opoen.

I have more input online than irl. I have trouble finding the rhythm of group communication and so when I do have something to say, I can't usually find an opening in the conversation flow. That's not so much an issue online. I also have more time to think through my responses online and so develop my ideas more.

You say "In an ideal world, yes we should be the same on and offline (in a perfect world)", I'm curious as to why it matters how someone presents themself online or if it doesn't line up with who they are irl?

Interesting point.