INFJs - what makes you cry? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs - what makes you cry?

Do you cry?

• Total voters
Frustration. I don't really cry otherwise. I cry to keep myself from punching people in the throat or shoving them in front of trucks. When I was a little girl, I once cried because someone told me that my shoes were on the wrong feet. Heh. But i never ever liked to cry in front of people. That doesn't change. And if you can make me cry from emotional pain, I must be quite fond of you indeed. If I let you see me cry, I really quite love you or its an extreme situation.

I feel some people's tears may have basically dried up, but it does not mean they are not crying.
That's a beautiful thing to say. True for me, too.

I come from a home where we don't really express emotions too much. Besides anger. I can't remember the last time I saw my brother cry. I remember the last time I saw my mother cry, at her mother's funeral. I always cried more than them, until I went through 7 years of shit.

The basic gist of it was that I was doing something that I had to do, something horrifically hard, and I had to battle everyone around me every inch of the way. Along the way I sought solace with a boyfriend, some girlfriends, the majority of which used and abused me.

I couldn't cry. To cry I'd have to stop. If I stopped even for an instant I would lose my momentum and I wouldn't be able to keep going anymore. If I cried it felt like it would be the end of me. So I didn't.

I'm better now, but my tears remain dried up. I only remember the last time I cried because it was so extreme. My online ex-girlfriend (who'd already been hospitalized for a ruptured ulcer and nearly died like a week before) attempted suicide because I still wouldn't get back with her, and I was sure she was gonna be dead, but there was nothing I could do but wait.

That's what it took for me to cry. That's what it usually takes. I don't think it's very healthy, but that's what I've got.

Oh, I'll start crying at the drop of a hat. The tears won't roll down my face in the presence of others but I know when they're welling up and that I should quickly change whatever it is I'm thinking about that triggered the tears.

Stuff That Made Me Cry
- screamed at by parents
- unrequited crush
- Hallmark commercials
- movies/tv shows
- songs (ones that resonate with me)
- books
- seeing other people cry
- Intense happiness
- the thought of all my friends leaving for college
- feeling like no one understands me
- death of someone I know
- the death of Aerith in FF7 D:
- Sad or profoundly happy memories

Just yesterday I was sleeping over at a friends house. We went to sleep holding hands. As it happened I had to stop myself from crying. To me, there's so much in a simple gesture like that. Just thinking about it turns on the water works. :m142:

Reactions: Chopsifer
the death of Aerith in FF7 D:

I'm surprised this one isn't that common on the lists. A lot of my friends cried at that scene, too... I just asked why you couldn't use a phoenix down on her :m059: I also have a few friends that cried during the Opera scene in FF6... yeah.

As for me, I don't cry really. I used to cry a lot when I was younger. Mostly whenever someone would yell at me, if I got angry, or if I got sad. I started to cry on the inside when I turned 6 or 7. Instead of crying when I get angry, I laugh... my friends say they can tell when I'm mad because that's the only time I laugh in that way. I'd like to cry sometime :m070: but I can't.

When someone I love and respect assumes the worst about me, it can cut me to the core. I have cried a couple of times that happened, but then made an effort to understand what happened.

When I see violence that represents real violence (if it's a movie, then if it is depicting something that actually did or could happen) I can end up crying. I don't mean sentimental sadness, but a graphic violation of another person. I glimpse it deeply and for a moment I see the situation through the eyes of the person being victimized and through the eyes of the perpetrator. It is a horrible and intense experience. It doesn't happen with artificially depicted violence in the same way.

i cry alot
the last thing that made me cry was paris's speach a micheal jackson memorial

If you cry, when, and what makes you cry?

Fighting with someone? :m144:

Frustration at work? :m133:

People pick on you? :m095:

I usually cry when I see a movie that just makes me sad. Someone dies... or the lovers can't get together...

More often then not it's been anime or certain parts in *coughvideogamescough* that make me cry.

Almost forgot - I watch J-drama a lot. THOSE suckers get me blubbering pretty quick.

A lot of things, although I'm rather embarrassed to say it! A lot of art tends to do the trick, whether it be music, film, literature, etc. Any time I get in some sort of a situation in which I have no control or influence, that usually makes me break down pretty quickly.

As far as happy crying? I know it sounds corny but, merely lying in bed with a significant other can get the waterworks revved up. I just absolutely adore that overwhelming rush that you feel as you lie in bed with your partner and slowly but surely, the notion of separate identities slowly seems to fade into utter falsehood. As that absolutely beautiful state takes over, as the concept of "me" turns into the synthesis of "us," one can't help but respond paradoxically with happy tears.

I've only cried when other people have cried usually but there have been a couple of instances this isn't the case.

-Watching a particular anime called Kanon. The only media to ever make me cry.
-Frustration with things eg. my sister and mother fighting.
-Anger at certain people, especially if I get angry with people I love.

That's pretty much it ^^" I do seem to cry a lot though...
I was quite surprised that I didn't cry when my 10 page story got deleted though XD certain things I just don't cry at that I probably should (or would expect myself to).

Most memorable moment... probably when my uncle died. I realised how little I really knew bout him (he lived 4 hours by train away so I rarely saw him) and kind of regretted it (although I really cried because my mother cried and just felt mournful afterwards).
The funniest moment was when my sister cried because she got so angry with some that she slapped them, then I started crying after her, then my friend cried too. Looking back it was pretty funny ^^ especially as it was in public.

About a million things make me tear-up though. Things that are happy or sentimental, such as my mother remembering I liked small, decorative things and randomly getting me a small flower ornament. Sad things, things that I know will never happen again. Thinking makes me very sad a lot of the time - I seem to always revert to contemplating morbid things =.= it's kind of annoying. I especially tear-up at animal-related things. Animals make me emotional.

Last edited:
frustration

reminiscing intense memories

tear-jerking children's films (e.g. Up, Finding Nemo, Pinocchio, The Land Before Time)

being overwhelmed by natural beauty, innocence/candor and deep suffering in others

the wretched pms

i don't cry often though, but rather spontaneously.

Reactions: Wyst
I don't know a few weeks ago I balled to my best friend about my sexuality and not being accepted by the majority of society and not being able to do anything about it and thinking that crying is pointless so why am I doing it, I'm out of control, shit kill me.

That type of thing.

People do not like assexual girls because we cannot benefit. Either through sex or watching lesbian sex.
Posted via Mobile Device

And that's just the way I like it.

Last edited:
People do not like assexual girls because we cannot benefit. Either through sex or watching lesbian sex.
Posted via Mobile Device

So assexuals make Shai Gar cry.

So the likability of a woman is determined by whether or not they can make men erect? That was a crude and terrible statement.

I think a better statement would be, "Society tends to dislike asexual PEOPLE because they don't understand them."

This uncomfortable exchange is about to make me cry.

ReMo, Quick! Start hugging people!!

This uncomfortable exchange is about to make me cry.

ReMo, Quick! Start hugging people!!

LOL Ok! :D

Here you go Wyst, Slant, Shai, and Ketsugi!! :grouphug:

YAY! :D