James Review of 2016 | INFJ Forum

James Review of 2016

James

Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
Retired Staff
Dec 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
As we come to the end of 2016 I thought I'd try to recall and review it. I will freely confess this is highly personal, unprofessional, and almost certainly completely inaccurate and boring rant. But I did it anyway.

January 2016

I awake at a friends house, with the worst hangover I've ever ever had, after staying up to see in the New Year and then making a seeming attempt to stay up for the next one as well. Recall that the conservatives won the election last year (how?) and promised an EU referrendum. Doesn't matter. David Bowie dies and Alan Rickman (truly madly deeply) Hmm this could be a bad sign, but Leicester City are top of the premier league. Sadly Bono still lives.

February

Read on the news the Donald Trump is running for the Presidency.. ha ha. Like that's ever going to happen. I still have the hangover. Wife doesn't get me a valentines card. Still I'm sure everything is fine. Why would it not be fine. Leicester City still top of the league, wish someone would make a Mobile Pokemon game. I think it would be popular. Harper Lee dies, Jeremy Clarkson still going.
Honestly ? still a little bit hungover, but back feels quite a lot better.

March

Beware the Ides of March. Looking forward to the European championships, I'm sure England will do well. Leicester are still top of the league but have zero chance of winning it. thank god I'm not one of those idiots who bet on them. There's a reason they were 5000/1. Vladimir Braginsky dies (russian physicist) and Garry Shandling ? Bono healthier than ever. Things seem better with my wife, she's out of the house a lot more often. yipee !

April

Leicester still top ? Never gonna win it no way. Prince dies. I used to really love his music. Purple Rain, Around the World in a Day. I was once given a flower when buying one of his albums. I thought the shop assistant was hitting on me, but it was part of a sales promotion. I was crushed. Beginning to think wife is seeing someone else ? no. Paranoid. Victoria Wood dies, Jeremy Clarkson doing a new top gear type thing. Still no new Pokemon game. EU referrendum thing on the news. what a waste of time.

May

Leicester City won the premier league... Honest. 5000/1 and I never bet on them. Basically suicidal and in shock. Gary Lineker will have to present Match of the Day in his pants. EU referrendum announced formally vote next month. Total waste of time. Looks like Clinton is going to be the next US president. Wife is very odd and furtive. Probably ok though. Carla Lane dies, Bono apparently in the studio planning a new album. Can't wait for England to play in the Euro's. I think they can win it, I've bet on them.

June

Turns out I was right about my wife. I caught her inflagrante on her phone and challenged her. She denied everything, then left ? Oh also the country went insane and narrowly voted to leave the EU, and England lost to Iceland in the Euros. I have re-joined an internet forum. This year is not going the way I'd hoped. Back is still improving so I have bought some weights and I am using them. Gordon Murray dies (not related to Andy Murray) Jeremy Clarkson healthier than ever. Muhammad Ali "the greatest" dies.

July

I am still in shock, Britian leaving the EU and England beaten by Iceland.. still using the weights, and have applied for some new jobs. Phone call angry rants from wife in tears. Actually feel oddly better. Olympics due to start, cant see Britain doing very well, as long as we beat Australia. Finally Pokemon Go is released.. I don't like it. Am I the only one ? Everyone else loves it. Son and Ex are walking all over the place catching them. I hope he's careful. I hope she falls down a manhole. If she hasn't already. Andy Murray wins Wimbledon. David Cameron resgins as Prime Minister replaced by Theresa May. no votes needed. just like with Gordon Brown. Caroline Ahearne dies sob 52 !!! No word on Bono...

August

Bizarrely made friends with a woman. Probably a mistake. Told ex, she's "not bothered" but now admits she is seeing someone else and has been for some time. She returns home briefly in shock after her boyfriend doesn't leave his wife. Who knew that could happen? Plus points tho, son has passed his A levels, and got his University place. At last I can get rid of the freeloader. Britain did quite well in the Olympics finishing 2nd ahead of China. Tragically behind those cheaters America, but fantastically higher than Australia.. whoop whoop !! Bono is fine, apparently Pokemon Go is the biggest thing ever and Gene Wilder has died. I loved him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. and everything else. he ever did.

September

Ex has returned to the house - rejoice (irony) and youngest son has left for university. This feels like a very bad trade. we have divided the house up into East/West Berlin and i have the small bedroom. I am sure things will be trouble free.. Paralympics start. Apparently "Brexit means Brexit" but no one can explain anything more than that. The Pound has devalued by almost 18%. house is up for sale. no offers yet. Shimon Peres dies, Clarkson ? Getting ready for a new car TV show thing. have made good friends with this milky guy on that forum. he is nuts, and very funny. he wants to run for President. Why not? Trump has lol lol.

October

Seems like the Pokemon Go thing has peaked and is drifting away now. who knew ? Putin has gone all crazy in Syria. I fricking hate that guy. He'll get his one day. So looks like Trump vs Clinton. ha ha he has no chance. No decent offer on the house yet. Domestic bliss.. ha . Missing my son like crazy. Argg. We only talked a few times a day he was alway on his PC. Everytime i go in his room (now mine) I wanna cry. I cant bear to see who has died. a lot of children in syria. still they're not famous. Grrr...

November

Clinton gets nearly 3 million more votes thatn Trump, but he is the new President. Milky forgot to send in the forms. Plus there's an electoral college?? WTF ?? Sorry America, for a few months it was funny. At least it's taken the heat of us for Brexit. things are great with ex at home. Still no job. depressing. Step son is very unhappy. I am now a mod on that forum. they like me ? no some of them tolerate me. There's a new Harry Potter Movie and Rogue One is due out soon. I am not listing any more deaths. That SOB Putin is walking around as 'healthy as a horse'. Probably sleeping with one too. He is a tool. Obama should of sucker punched him and blamed it on stress. I would have. Douche. Otherwise I'm fine.

December

Santa called me, he's broke "it's the economy stupid" he says Putin and Trump aren't getting anything either so it's not just me. Plus he's gonna take some stuff off of them. Vera Rudin, George Michael and Carrie Fisher died. Yeah I lied sue me. I posted a lotta dumbass stuff, angry flirting, secret crush, but oddly found a lotta great people, very funny. One eyebrow, ya ya sisterhood. Loved all of that. Oh after car crash job interview, actually got the job. still talking to that woman. she gets fed up of me. I think you can see why. Still using my weights and feel better. There's a cease fire in Syria, and Leicester are in the last 16 of the Champions league. Clarkson and Bono are getting married. I think thats beautful.

Oh and they found the Clinton emails. They were all to a guy called Donald, it was her secret crush. I called CNN and Fox but they won't run it. His replies were too explict. He may have small hands but apparently he wasn't lying about the other thing.

So 2017 ? Are you ready ? we are ready for you dude. believe. Happy New Year all.

foot note: Rogue One brilliant, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - even better. Peace.

Mystery ? "Ankles"

Last edited:
Love this, @James! I found it both touching and funny. This was a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Onward into 2017. I hope it's a good one for you.

Thank God. I thought it was gonna be criticism. I'm too fragile for criticism. I blame George Michael, he coulda hung on a few more days right? He knew Carrie Fisher was ill.

As we come to the end of 2016 I thought I'd try to recall and review it. I will freely confess this is highly personal, unprofessional, and almost certainly completely inaccurate and boring rant. But I did it anyway.

January 2016

I awake at a friends house, with the worst hangover I've ever ever had, after staying up to see in the New Year and then making a seeming attempt to stay up for the next one as well. Recall that the conservatives won the election last year (how?) and promised an EU referrendum. Doesn't matter. David Bowie dies and Alan Rickman (truly madly deeply) Hmm this could be a bad sign, but Leicester City are top of the premier league. Sadly Bono still lives.

February

Read on the news the Donald Trump is running for the Presidency.. ha ha. Like that's ever going to happen. I still have the hangover. Wife doesn't get me a valentines card. Still I'm sure everything is fine. Why would it not be fine. Leicester City still top of the league, wish someone would make a Mobile Pokemon game. I think it would be popular. Harper Lee dies, Jeremy Clarkson still going.

March

Beware the Ides of March. Looking forward to the European championships, I'm sure England will do well. Leicester are still top of the league but have zero chance of winning it. thank god I'm not one of those idiots who bet on them. There's a reason they were 5000/1. Vladimir Braginsky dies (russian physicist) and Garry Shandling ? Bono healthier than ever. Things seem better with my wife, she's out of the house a lot more often. yipee !

April

Leicester still top ? Never gonna win it no way. Prince dies. I used to really love his music. Purple Rain, Around the World in a Day. I was once given a flower when buying one of his albums. I thought the shop assistant was hitting on me, but it was part of a sales promotion. I was crushed. Beginning to think wife is seeing someone else ? no. Paranoid. Victoria Wood dies, Jeremy Clarkson doing a new top gear type thing. Still no new Pokemon game. EU referrendum thing on the news. what a waste of time.

May

Leicester City won the premier league... Honest. 5000/1 and I never bet on them. Basically suicidal and in shock. Gary Lineker will have to present Match of the Day in his pants. EU referrendum announced formally vote next month. Total waste of time. Looks like Clinton is going to be the next US president. Wife is very odd and furtive. Probably ok though. Carla Lane dies, Bono apparently in the studio planning a new album. Can't wait for England to play in the Euro's. I think they can win it, I've bet on them.

June

Turns out I was right about my wife. I caught her inflagrante on her phone and challenged her. She denied everything, then left ? Oh also the country went insane and narrowly voted to leave the EU, and England lost to Iceland in the Euros. I have re-joined an internet forum. This year is not going the way I'd hoped. Back is still improving so I have bought some weights and I am using them. Gordon Murray dies (not related to Andy Murray) Jeremy Clarkson healthier than ever. Muhammad Ali "the greatest" dies.

July

I am still in shock, Britian leaving the EU and England beaten by Iceland.. still using the weights, and have applied for some new jobs. Phone call angry rants from wife in tears. Actually feel oddly better. Olympics due to start, cant see Britain doing very well, as long as we beat Australia. Finally Pokemon Go is released.. I don't like it. Am I the only one ? Everyone else loves it. Son and Ex are walking all over the place catching them. I hope he's careful. I hope she falls down a manhole. If she hasn't already. Andy Murray wins Wimbledon. David Cameron resgins as Prime Minister replaced by Theresa May. no votes needed. just like with Gordon Brown. Caroline Ahearne dies sob 52 !!! No word on Bono...

August

Bizarrely made friends with a woman. Probably a mistake. Told ex, she's "not bothered" but now admits she is seeing someone else and has been for some time. She returns home briefly in shock after her boyfriend doesn't leave his wife. Who knew that could happen? Plus points tho, son has passed his A levels, and got his University place. At last I can get rid of the freeloader. Britain did quite well in the Olympics finishing 2nd ahead of China. Tragically behind those cheaters America, but fantastically higher than Australia.. whoop whoop !! Bono is fine, apparently Pokemon Go is the biggest thing ever and Gene Wilder has died. I loved him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. and everything else. he ever did.

September

Ex has returned to the house - rejoice (irony) and youngest son has left for university. This feels like a very bad trade. we have divided the house up into East/West Berlin and i have the small bedroom. I am sure things will be trouble free.. Paralympics start. Apparently "Brexit means Brexit" but no one can explain anything more than that. The Pound has devalued by almost 18%. house is up for sale. no offers yet. Shimon Peres dies, Clarkson ? Getting ready for a new car TV show thing. have made good friends with this milky guy on that forum. he is nuts, and very funny. he wants to run for President. Why not? Trump has lol lol.

October

Seems like the Pokemon Go thing has peaked and is drifting away now. who knew ? Putin has gone all crazy in Syria. I fricking hate that guy. He'll get his one day. So looks like Trump vs Clinton. ha ha he has no chance. No decent offer on the house yet. Domestic bliss.. ha . Missing my son like crazy. Argg. We only talked a few times a day he was alway on his PC. Everytime i go in his room (now mine) I wanna cry. I cant bear to see who has died. a lot of children in syria. still they're not famous. Grrr...

November

Clinton gets nearly 3 million more votes thatn Trump, but he is the new President. Milky forgot to send in the forms. Plus there's an electoral college?? WTF ?? Sorry America, for a few months it was funny. At least it's taken the heat of us for Brexit. things are great with ex at home. Still no job. depressing. Step son is very unhappy. I am now a mod on that forum. they like me ? no some of them tolerate me. There's a new Harry Potter Movie and Rogue One is due out soon. I am not listing any more deaths. That SOB Putin is walking around as 'healthy as a horse'. Probably sleeping with one too. He is a tool. Obama should of sucker punched him and blamed it on stress. I would have. Douche. Otherwise I'm fine.

December

Santa called me, he's broke "it's the economy stupid" he says Putin and Trump aren't getting anything either so it's not just me. Plus he's gonna take some stuff of them. Vera Rudin, George Michael and Carrie Fisher died. Yeah I lied sue me. I posted a lotta dumbass stuff, angry flirting, secret crush, but oddly found a lotta great people, very funny. One eyebrow, ya ya sisterhood. Loved all of that. Oh after car crash job interview, actually got the job. still talking to that woman. she gets fed up of me. I think you can see why. Still using my weights and feel better. There's a cease fire in Syria, and Leicester are in the last 16 of the Champions league. Clarkson and Bono are getting married. I think thats beautful.

Oh and they found the Clinton emails. They were all to a guy called Donald, it was her secret crush. I called CNN and Fox but they won't run it. His replies were too explict. He may have small hands but apparently he wasn't lying about the other thing.

So 2017 ? Are you ready ? we are ready for you dude. believe. Happy New Year all.

foot note: Rogue One brilliant, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - even better. Peace.

This is brilliant :m2: I'm not watching any more news. I'll just catch up on the year's news reading The James Morning Herald. It's a great read.

2017 in 2 more sleeps. Bring it on:)

This is brilliant :m2: I'm not watching any more news. I'll just catch up on the year's news reading The James Morning Herald. It's a great read.

2017 in 2 more sleeps. Bring it on:)

thank you. it was cathartic. Or a timely reminder to go back to the doctor and check my meds. He understands, he didn't bet on Leicester either.

This is more personal than I think I ever would be. However now that you have posted this snapshot into your life I would like to say I believe you are markedly more stable than the world has a right to expect.
That is a complement. I did choose those words for a reason.

This is more personal than I think I ever would be. However now that you have posted this snapshot into your life I would like to say I believe you are markedly more stable than the world has a right to expect.
That is a complement. I did choose those words for a reason.

Thank you EH. I was in mad 'ramble on' mode. you probably can't tell reading it. Lol. Have a great new year.

i really love this. i really love the fact that you find humour in all situation. you remind me of Patch Adams. :p 2017 will be great for you :crushhug:

@James this diary is truly hysterical like an adult version of Adrian Mole, one of my favourite books as a teenager. You should seriously think about publishing something like this in 2017. Really!

I agree with @Scientia 2016 was truly hideous for me at least. I had Saturn in my sign all year which can be likened to having the worst of the heavies and a shit load of restriction and all of your life lessons at the one time....and not way to find the exit sign, but just endure.

Yep, glad I've pretty much done with the 'hard task master' for another 29 years. I might emigrate to the Caribbean for the year the next time it comes around.

Last edited:
I like your review format. May use if for my own year in review for 2017 (God willing) :)

January 2016

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Santa called me, he's broke "it's the economy stupid" he says Putin and Trump aren't getting anything either so it's not just me. Plus he's gonna take some stuff off of them. Vera Rudin, George Michael and Carrie Fisher died. Yeah I lied sue me. I posted a lotta dumbass stuff, angry flirting, secret crush, but oddly found a lotta great people, very funny. One eyebrow, ya ya sisterhood. Loved all of that. Oh after car crash job interview, actually got the job. still talking to that woman. she gets fed up of me. I think you can see why. Still using my weights and feel better. There's a cease fire in Syria, and Leicester are in the last 16 of the Champions league. Clarkson and Bono are getting married. I think thats beautful.

Mystery ? "Ankles"

My heart has been touched. I laughed with you. I cried with you. This is fantastic and brilliant. It is also the first post of yours I read all the way through. Lol it did not disappoint!

@James this diary is truly hysterical like an adult version of Adrian Mole, one of my favourite books as a teenager. You should seriously think about publishing something like this in 2017. Really!

Thank you for that, one of my favorites Sue Townsend. "Pandora read poetry to me as I lay ill in bed. Every word was like a rock dropping on my head" or words to that end. Hope 2017 is much better for you.

Thank you for that, one of my favorites Sue Townsend. "Pandora read poetry to me as I lay ill in bed. Every word was like a rock dropping on my head" or words to that end. Hope 2017 is much better for you.
@James I don't think you took my suggestion seriously, and you should...you just brushed it under the carpet and carried on..Lol!

Reactions: James
@James I don't think you took my suggestion seriously, and you should...you just brushed it under the carpet and carried on..Lol!

I did take it seriously, but as you have read the above, you will understand if I say, I don't want to do any research like that for 2017. Or any other year lol. Ex has asked me to go our friends tomorrow for New Year's and I declined. No doubt there will later be consequences. There may not be a 2017 edition unless I tread lightly.

On my way back from the shops earlier, a neighbor asked me how the house sale was going and whether "we" would be moving locally. I replied "I" wouldn't be, and he nodded and dropped his gaze. Sometimes he sleeps in his car outside their house. Our kids used to play football together and sleep over at each others houses.

I am not going miss 2016. But I'm optimistic for 2017. I wished him a happy New Year and scampered home.

Thank you for the encouragement. I did appreciate it.

Reactions: Littlelissa
I did take it seriously, but as you have read the above, you will understand if I say, I don't want to do any research like that for 2017. Or any other year lol. Ex has asked me to go our friends tomorrow for New Year's and I declined. No doubt there will later be consequences. There may not be a 2017 edition unless I tread lightly.

On my way back from the shops earlier, a neighbor asked me how the house sale was going and whether "we" would be moving locally. I replied "I" wouldn't be, and he nodded and dropped his gaze. Sometimes he sleeps in his car outside their house. Our kids used to play football together and sleep over at each others houses.

I am not going miss 2016. But I'm optimistic for 2017. I wished him a happy New Year and scampered home.

Thank you for the encouragement. I did appreciate it.
I shouldn't think you need to do any research, you've got all the material right there.

Reactions: James