INFJ subtypes | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ subtypes

OMG, I'm like, one of the few INTPs of the forums and you didn't do me.

I guess no one cares about me...194 posts isn't much.

Don't take it personally. Just declare your rage!

errr umm well you see... I thought that's what the percentages were for, ya know. I hop into all these groups depending on my mood.

Percentages don't tell you much, except for how sure you are of each preference.

OMG, I'm like, one of the few INTPs of the forums and you didn't do me.

I guess no one cares about me...194 posts isn't much.

I don't really know much about INTPs, sorry. I'd guess you're a primary INTP though.

Awesome ideas, Quinlan! It seems like your theories are spot on. I'd say so, anyway. :)

Thanks Arby. :D

So to add to my theory, I think that primary types are people who are easy to type (and to type themselves), but the other variants can be more confusing. So using my own type as an example, a tertiary variant (Ni) ISFP like myself could relate well or even confuse themselves with a Ni dom (like I did when I mistyped as INFJ).

I like it :thumb: kinda like socionics subtypes, as in you have your socionics type, let's say INFj (EII) then you are generally either an ethical subtype (Fi in socionics) or an Intuitive subtype (Ne).

I've often noticed two distinctive types on this board (all 1 type boards actually), taking into consideration Ti and Se kinda fits.

Hah, leave it to me to subconciously steal from socionics. :doh:

Honestly, your subtypes seem really broad and inefficient. You either need more categories, or more details in your subtypes. Breaking down INFJs into 3 groups seems...presumptuous.

No offense to Q.

I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks this so far...

How so, I mean seriously how different can each INFJ be while still being INFJ?

Honestly, your subtypes seem really broad and inefficient. You either need more categories, or more details in your subtypes. Breaking down INFJs into 3 groups seems...presumptuous.

No offense to Q.

I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks this so far...

None taken, you make a good point, to me though, breaking down to subtypes adds nuance that is lacking in the overall type, if you break it down too far and get too specific it becomes pointless (as TLM showed with his 6 billion types).

I'm still thinking about the whole thing though, like how am I defining these subtypes? is it an external thing (most obvious process to others) or an internal thing (their strongest process)?

I'm still thinking about the whole thing though, like how am I defining these subtypes? is it an external thing (most obvious process to others) or an internal thing (their strongest process)?

That's a good question to ask and a question I would be interested in knowing the answer to. To define any subtype we have to have a method of defining it in the first place. I mean, if you REALLY want to do this scientifically, that's the first place to start! :D

I recon introverted/internal process can still be seen by others.

*sees SH's mood* [fonzi] Ehhhhh :eyebrows: [/fonzi]

How%20You%20Doin-plain.jpg

My only concern with this theory is that it seems pretty similar to the instinctual variants in Enneagram theory.

The three instinctual variants are Self-Preservation (sp), Social (so), and Sexual (sx). They reflect the three basic desires in our human nature; the desire to protect the self, the desire to interact with others, and the desire for intimacy or sexuality. A person's instinctual variant is determined by which common issues constellate around a particular variant. For example, a Social person's prime issues have to deal with how they relate to others, get along with them, be seen by them, etc. The instinctual variants are fairly new and not much information and research is available on them, so they are an optional way of viewing the Enneagram.
So it could break down like this for INFJs...

Primary variant = no instinctual variant
Auxillary variant = "so" variant
Tertiary variant = "sp" variant
"Inferior" variant = "sx" variant

The Secondary Variant: In this variant their secondary process is most evident to others, in the case of INFJs Fe. This variant is very people orientated and often have great depth of feeling, they are always looking to resolve conflict and look out for others. They have a very maternal vibe. Examples from the forum: Sumone, Zencat.

Most of this is all a bit technical for me, but I wanted to jump in and express - yet again - my admiration for your intuition and observation skills, Q. You've impressed me in this regard since I first joined this forum.

Oh and can I just say I am proud and flattered (and comforted) to be categorized along with sumone, who I truly do identify with (and care about) on so many levels.

Typing still eludes me (maybe because I secretly don't want to type people?), but when you give examples of individuals to support your theory, I can absolutely see the connection.

1234534576131.png

Anyways thanks Quinlan, I see.

LOLOLOL :B

But yeah; I have to say, Quin, I really like your typing system! It's true that all of a type are not exactly the same in any sense; there really is a lot of variation on this site even, and I could see it being set up in this way.
I'd like to see more on this ;)

Most of this is all a bit technical for me, but I wanted to jump in and express - yet again - my admiration for your intuition and observation skills, Q. You've impressed me in this regard since I first joined this forum.

Aww thanks Zen, if there's one thing us isfps have got going for us it's observation skills, we don't miss much.

Typing still eludes me (maybe because I secretly don't want to type people?),

Hah, maybe that's a good thing, maybe you shouldn't start, it messes with your head and you start having to come up with theories to explain things. :thumb:

Does anyone still use the chat? I miss our chats. :D

I don't chat as much anyone, partly because it seems like no one's in there...

I don't chat as much anyone, partly because it seems like no one's in there...

Ditto. I have a feeling that we are all self defeating in this respect thinking: "oh no one is in their, no point in using it". I am guilty of this. Also, Shai isn't hear to coax everyone into doing so.