INFJ subtypes | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

INFJ subtypes

Third thread made with the same theory, second time merging it.

Wyst, are you by any chance a 4 on the Ennegram? i'm generalising here but i think 4s can be one of the most tragically beautiful and emotionally intense, especially when you pair that with the INFJ type.

Wyst, are you by any chance a 4 on the Ennegram? i'm generalising here but i think 4s can be one of the most tragically beautiful and emotionally intense, especially when you pair that with the INFJ type.

I've never taken a test to figure out what my Ennegram is. Any suggestions for a good test I can take?

Man SH, what a job.

People are just so excited to get this idea across that they don't check to see if there is a pre-existing one. Sweeeeeet.

This is really interesting. But, I have no idea where i'd fall in, or where I lean >.<

Either way, the concept is definately something to be further studied.

Man SH, what a job.

People are just so excited to get this idea across that they don't check to see if there is a pre-existing one. Sweeeeeet.
Please refer to,
1234534576131.png

Reactions: Wyote
Psssh. You like it.

Hey, I took that test, it told me I was a 9 and then it told me I was a 5.

What the fuckin chicken?

oh i was right? (hehehe blessed Ni)

yeah what the duck was that? :p

but really slant, i think people commonly mistype with 9 and 5

Mistype? That's assuming there is a correct type, which would be....

I think the Enneagram (which shows our "fears") is a great complement to INFJ. I think knowing one's Enneagram is one way to show why we're all so different. We can all be INFJs, but have a different Enneagram sub-type...which can make us seem different across the board.

sorry...i should have explained. there's no right or wrong type, it's just whether you identify more with one type than all the others since like the cognitive functions, all the enneagram types are relevant and connected with each other in various ways.

i should have said that some people who identify with type 9 may believe themselves to be 5s after taking the test just by virtue of having it as their highest score...which is why on the test it mentions that your second or third highest score may in fact be your true type. all in all, it does well to do the research and understand it further to be more sure.

Same idea, but explained with colors:

The four INFJs represent different paths you can walk as an INFJ. You’ve been told an INFJ has dominant introverted intuition, auxiliary extraverted feeling, but in reality, how much you use a function depends on what path in life you are currently on.

The red INFJs

Enneagram Sx – Seven

Intuition and Judging has given this type a strong curious resolve and a strong sense of proactive vision. This INFJ is quite the visionary: they see and imagine their future and they move with conviction towards it. The visionary drive of these INFJs gives them a sense of bravery, a courage to make decisions, and to take actions that would frighten any SJ.

This INFJ needs strong nerves and trust in their ideas and focus and resolve in making their idea real. A big issue for this INFJ is giving into temptations and easy gratification. To let them be distracted by fun and games.

The blue INFJs

Enneagram four, one

Feeling and introversion gives this type a strong sense of stability and conscientiousness. This INFJ is highly invested in their decisions and their actions. Why do I do what I do? In feeling, this INFJ finds warmth, compassion, and care for the world. This INFJ cares a great deal about the feelings and values they carry.

They are seekers searching for their purpose. They are artists who seek intrapersonal awareness, knowledge of their own feelings, understanding of their identity and calling. Blue types are lead by curiosity and to the blue INFJ, nothing is of more curiosity than understanding humanity, life, and existential matters. Who we are and why we are here.

The green INFJs

Enneagram two, eight

Feeling and judging gives this INFJ their voice. This INFJ is lead to call, to speak, to communicate, to talk, to feel, to engage, to have an impact on the world. The green INFJs are concerned with being listened to, to making a difference in other people’s lives. They may struggle with understanding what people want and need to be happy. What can I do or say to make the world better for the people I care about?

The green INFJs feel a strong tug to do something good for the people around them. But they don’t want to just do or say anything – they want to speak the right thing. They want to ensure what they say can make other people’s lives better. So they think about how to say things, how to speak, and how to act to reach others, running through simulations in their heads.

The yellow INFJs

Enneagram 5, Sp

The yellow INFJs are distanced and detached from others, looking at the world from an outsiders perspective. Preferring to watch but not engage, the yellow INFJs desire to understand the world, to see it for what it is, to gain perspective, clarity, and existential awareness.

The yellow INFJ is philosophical, a musing person, who looks at the world with squinting eyes. The yellow INFJ is a peaceful, loving person, that believes in kindness, nonviolence, and peace. Yellow INFJs help bring greater understanding of life and death, and help us cope with difficulty and challenge, by giving clarity to make the world and it’s complexity more comprehensible.

Same idea, but explained with colors:

The four INFJs represent different paths you can walk as an INFJ. You’ve been told an INFJ has dominant introverted intuition, auxiliary extraverted feeling, but in reality, how much you use a function depends on what path in life you are currently on.

The red INFJs

Enneagram Sx – Seven

Intuition and Judging has given this type a strong curious resolve and a strong sense of proactive vision. This INFJ is quite the visionary: they see and imagine their future and they move with conviction towards it. The visionary drive of these INFJs gives them a sense of bravery, a courage to make decisions, and to take actions that would frighten any SJ.

This INFJ needs strong nerves and trust in their ideas and focus and resolve in making their idea real. A big issue for this INFJ is giving into temptations and easy gratification. To let them be distracted by fun and games.

The blue INFJs

Enneagram four, one

Feeling and introversion gives this type a strong sense of stability and conscientiousness. This INFJ is highly invested in their decisions and their actions. Why do I do what I do? In feeling, this INFJ finds warmth, compassion, and care for the world. This INFJ cares a great deal about the feelings and values they carry.

They are seekers searching for their purpose. They are artists who seek intrapersonal awareness, knowledge of their own feelings, understanding of their identity and calling. Blue types are lead by curiosity and to the blue INFJ, nothing is of more curiosity than understanding humanity, life, and existential matters. Who we are and why we are here.

The green INFJs

Enneagram two, eight

Feeling and judging gives this INFJ their voice. This INFJ is lead to call, to speak, to communicate, to talk, to feel, to engage, to have an impact on the world. The green INFJs are concerned with being listened to, to making a difference in other people’s lives. They may struggle with understanding what people want and need to be happy. What can I do or say to make the world better for the people I care about?

The green INFJs feel a strong tug to do something good for the people around them. But they don’t want to just do or say anything – they want to speak the right thing. They want to ensure what they say can make other people’s lives better. So they think about how to say things, how to speak, and how to act to reach others, running through simulations in their heads.

The yellow INFJs

Enneagram 5, Sp

The yellow INFJs are distanced and detached from others, looking at the world from an outsiders perspective. Preferring to watch but not engage, the yellow INFJs desire to understand the world, to see it for what it is, to gain perspective, clarity, and existential awareness.

The yellow INFJ is philosophical, a musing person, who looks at the world with squinting eyes. The yellow INFJ is a peaceful, loving person, that believes in kindness, nonviolence, and peace. Yellow INFJs help bring greater understanding of life and death, and help us cope with difficulty and challenge, by giving clarity to make the world and it’s complexity more comprehensible.

Just out of curiosity: how does the tritype fit into this schema? Take me for an example, a definite one with seven and four somewhere in the mix: am I then a purple INFJ?

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Just out of curiosity: how does the tritype fit into this schema? Take me for an example, a definite one with seven and four somewhere in the mix: am I then a purple INFJ?

I'm not that good at Enneagrams yet, but I was thinking the same thing: I should be purple!
I just discovered this today, and haven't researched or digested it enough to have an opinion one way or another on it yet, but my first thought on this was: Are these the facets of the INFJ? Do we all have all of these qualities, but to different degrees?

Are these the facets of the INFJ? Do we all have all of these qualities, but to different degrees?

I think there is a bit of all of these facets mixed in. Being a 9, I didn't see anything specific to 9s referenced, but I do have a 1 wing and 5 is next in line of preference.
So using this, I figure I am some sort of blue/yellow predominately.

I think there is a bit of all of these facets mixed in. Being a 9, I didn't see anything specific to 9s referenced, but I do have a 1 wing and 5 is next in line of preference.
So using this, I figure I am some sort of blue/yellow predominately.
Pretty sure we're still the same person...if we really exist...