How to trap an INFJ. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How to trap an INFJ.

I would suggest rope, chains, and promises of lavv and affectionz.

You sure he was ENTP? That sounds just like something an ESTP would do, because I have an ESTP who has done something similar while I myself consider these actions alien to what I would do myself.

Although be might be ESTJ, he took an MBTI that was unclear on the P/J thing.

I know four other ENTPs besides myself in RL, one of which is my bother. Not a single one of those guys have done or would likely do what you've just described.
Yes I am quite sure that he is ENTP. We have some ESTP guys in this group too and I do experience some mental disconnect with them. It especially becomes evident with humor. I usually react best to jokes of other INxJs and ENxPs in the group. They react very well to my jokes. But the ESTP and ESTJ guys can struggle to get our jokes and vice versa. This guy has displayed all signs of being an ENTP.

Only thing I could think of in his defense is that I was gone traveling for 2 weeks. It is possible that he played out the relationship in his mind in this time, so when I came back for him a relationship already existed (in his dreams) while for me he was just an acquaintance. I also completely did not understand his reasoning behind announcing to the rest of the group that he has set me as a 'target' so to say.

Here is another weird tidbit from ENTP courting attempts: A married guy who picks arguments with you in public and tries to put you down. Then in private apologizes, sends you small innocent gifts and uplifting messages, and tries to strike up conversations. Then when you are out in public again, strikes up arguments and puts your down again. Then the make-up cycle repeats. This was all very interesting to observe.

Last edited:
You trap one yet?

intellectually, be curious and clever. emotionally be needy and tender. that's all you need right there.

intellectually, be curious and clever. emotionally be needy and tender. that's all you need right there.

+1. Sensitivity with a strong sense of self is a huge turn on :D

First, you need a big cardboard box. I mean a really big one. Then you need a long stick, roughly two meters in length. Take a 20 foot rope and tie it to the middle of the stick. Then put the cardboard box on the ground, top down. Lift up one side of the box and prop it on the stick. Take the rope to behind an obstruction (a tree, bush, or telephone boot is good).

The only thing we need now is bait.

So what should the bait be?

Last edited:
Also I suspected that, once trapped, INFJs would be fun to poke at with sticks. But that was a side theory.

:m081:

Careful how you poke...there has been history of non infj cleansing due to too much poking.:m155:

First, you need a big cardboard box. I mean a really big one. Then you need a long stick, roughly two meters in length. Take a 20 foot rope and tie it to the middle of the stick. Then put the cardboard box on the ground, top down. Lift up one side of the box and prop it on the stick. Take the rope to behind an obstruction (a tree, bush, or telephone boot is good).

The only thing we need now is bait.

So what should the bait be?
I cute and cuddly and apparently abandoned baby animal

Be the baddest gangsta in the city. INFJs love thug loving. Stunner shades are a plus :m036: so they know you're hanging slanging and banging. Tattoos a plus. Make sure to brag about how you "get money". Shirts with pictures of guns, knives, and hearts are good. Make sure not to smile too much, and especially never in pictures. But above all, make sure you make lots and lots of cash. It helps to show this by wearing a lot of jewellery. Platinum and diamonds are good.

Reactions: the and Ecton
Be the baddest gangsta in the city. INFJs love thug loving. Stunner shades are a plus :m036: so they know you're hanging slanging and banging. Tattoos a plus. Make sure to brag about how you "get money". Shirts with pictures of guns, knives, and hearts are good. Make sure not to smile too much, and especially never in pictures. But above all, make sure you make lots and lots of cash. It helps to show this by wearing a lot of jewellery. Platinum and diamonds are good.

Pierce, it is clear that your mind is a font of wisdom in matters of courting.
Tell me, oh wise one, what I should do for valentine's day.

:m024:

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Pierce, it is clear that your mind is a font of wisdom in matters of courting.
Tell me, oh wise one, what I should do for valentine's day.

:m024:

Buy her breast implants.

it may have been said already, but INFJs don't seek out attention with ease... so if you give some freely and without having been asked, you'll already have a foot in the door.

I have an ENTP trap on another forum, but I'm sure those tactics won't work on INFJs.

I think you have to let them trap themselves. Just lay out bait...

Reactions: BlinkandThink