How to trap an INFJ. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How to trap an INFJ.

So Lumi, do you have a specific INFJ in mind, or are you after us in general?

In general, I don't really see what our appeal is. I'm sure some among us are pretty great, though.

So Lumi, do you have a specific INFJ in mind, or are you after us in general?

In general, I don't really see what our appeal is. I'm sure some among us are pretty great, though.

Well, the plan was to entrap INFJs in general.
Originally my reasoning was similar to the reason I had for joining this forum. INFJs are one of the few types under/non-represented in my real life acquaintances. I think it's fun and interesting to discuss things with people of an alternative mindset which I'm more unfamiliar with (then once I started posting on the boards I realized that the INFJ board was fun overall).
Also I suspected that, once trapped, INFJs would be fun to poke at with sticks. But that was a side theory.
HOWEVER. Since it has already been claimed that INFJs are untrappable now it is a challenge, and I cannot possibly back away at this juncture. Hence the multitude of pies and puppies. I may even splurge for little self-identifaction books.

Though I was originally hoping to simply trap INFJs in general, I now also hope to specifically trap BlindBandit (who will be subjected to the tortures of hanging out with my also ENTP brother all day), Dove (she strikes me as the one most likely to band my prisoners together to foment rebellion against me... keeping prisoners would be too boring if all they did was sit there in distain), and now you Razare. You know too much.

:m081:

Good point. ENTP simply refuse to acknowledge that they can't have what they want. Part of the problem is ENTP's don't seem to care what their conquest thinks as long as the ENTP is happy.
This is something I have sensed from several ENTPs I have known, that they tend to treat people more like objects to be rearranged however they personally desire.

There was an ENTP who developed feelings for me recently. So first he dumped his girlfriend of several years. Then the very next day that he dumped her, he tells our mutual group of acquaintances that he is going to start courting me. After which followed several attempts to be witty and trying to participate in some discussions with me, pretty much forcibly, just stalking me around everywhere, calling me up very late, trying to initiate contact however much possible. After a month of this I have gotten very tired of him being so pushy and inconsiderate and just not showing like he had any concern for my feelings or wishes. I didn't really feel courted, more like as if I was a duck and the duck season was open.

^^ this is a way to NOT trap an INFJ

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Though I was originally hoping to simply trap INFJs in general, I now also hope to specifically trap BlindBandit (who will be subjected to the tortures of hanging out with my also ENTP brother all day), Dove (she strikes me as the one most likely to band my prisoners together to foment rebellion against me... keeping prisoners would be too boring if all they did was sit there in distain), and now you Razare. You know too much.

:m081:

I shall not allow this!

images

Be of the opposite sex, (unless they are homosexual, then be of the same sex), and pout and feign sadness or crying, and ask for a hug. Big puppy dog eyes help, as does building up affections before hand.

We'll be putty in your hands.

what??? I run from that stuff....feel sorry, but run just the same.
Also, cookies.
This for sure :D
Just be genuine.
This too...this draws me like a moth to a flame :) I know it can be hard to think about just being genuine when you a feeling nervous, but trying too hard is fake to me. I don't like fake. If you are shy then be shy...if you stumble over your words...that is so cute ;) If you are confident then be that...just not over the top.
Here is how an ENTP could potentially trap me and win me over quickly. Keep in mind I am gay, but I think this could apply to any pair up.

First would be direct eye contact, and a sort of "Stare" from afar. Assuming I was physically attracted to him, I would reciprocate briefly, then look away, then attempt to look back without "looking". Then he would the approach, simply walking up to me and starting a conversation on pretty much any kind of topic (really, anything. Well ok not anything, nothing controversial or profane). Use that confidant, "I like you" charm. It's the boldness and sureness of getting what you want, but at the same time leaving all the options open at the same time. Then within 5 to 10 minutes ask "I like you, let's go somewhere...", then go somewhere. Anywhere. Have fun.

This won't work all the time. And this is leaving out all of the subtle details of body language and gentleness (but firm/boldness) of approach. It's also assuming I am equally interested. If I go with the flow of your Ne, then I likely am. If I try to deflect things, I am not interested.

The stare always peaks my interest even if someone is not very attractive. If I have a little time to wonder about that person I will be much more open to an approach.
Now, that stare is when eye contact happens and then it stops for a little bit

Hee. I think the "stare" is true as well.

Also? What gets me is someone with a quick mind and a quicker sense of humor. I love random, smart, intelligent humor with odd connections. Better yet if the person is sarcastically savvy.

Think George Carlin meets Robin Williams. :m129:

I actually don't know how.
I was hoping y'all would help me figure out the perfect INFJ trap.

Overall Tactic: be emotionally or empathically deficient in some way

1:
be a psychopath. not what you see in the movies, a real life psychopath without empathy such that you'll be a complete enigma to the infj and string them along with unrelated emotional hints.

2:
be emotionally weak perhaps childlike. That will string them along for a long time.

while this is the meat and bones of the strategy, it can be dressed up in many different ways. the abusive person, the financial geek, computer nerd, compulsive masturbater etc etc

Be of the opposite sex, (unless they are homosexual, then be of the same sex), and pout and feign sadness or crying, and ask for a hug. Big puppy dog eyes help, as does building up affections before hand.

We'll be putty in your hands.

What? That wouldn't work on me =P i feel a Strong desire to be a force of good in chosen people's lives, but this sort of thing would seriously trip up my 'you're being manipulated' alarm, which has the opposite effect.

This is something I have sensed from several ENTPs I have known, that they tend to treat people more like objects to be rearranged however they personally desire.

There was an ENTP who developed feelings for me recently. So first he dumped his girlfriend of several years. Then the very next day that he dumped her, he tells our mutual group of acquaintances that he is going to start courting me. After which followed several attempts to be witty and trying to participate in some discussions with me, pretty much forcibly, just stalking me around everywhere, calling me up very late, trying to initiate contact however much possible. After a month of this I have gotten very tired of him being so pushy and inconsiderate and just not showing like he had any concern for my feelings or wishes. I didn't really feel courted, more like as if I was a duck and the duck season was open.

^^ this is a way to NOT trap an INFJ

You sure he was ENTP? That sounds just like something an ESTP would do, because I have an ESTP who has done something similar while I myself consider these actions alien to what I would do myself.

Although be might be ESTJ, he took an MBTI that was unclear on the P/J thing.

I know four other ENTPs besides myself in RL, one of which is my bother. Not a single one of those guys have done or would likely do what you've just described.

I know it can be hard to think about just being genuine when you a feeling nervous, but trying too hard is fake to me. I don't like fake. If you are shy then be shy...if you stumble over your words...that is so cute ;) If you are confident then be that...just not over the top.

Yeah, questionably (lol), this can be a big turn on. Someone who is a little shy, some nerviousness with a little charm thrown in is intriguing. And if you're physically attracted to them, that can put it over the top. But of course, someone who knows this can simply use this to "trap" someone without really being this way. So, someone can simply use this as a ploy. As they say, play wisely. :)

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish someone would try and trap me...

Simply gag admiral ackbar... then you're set.

True I just have no time or pataince for the mentality of most ENTP's. I most certainly would not tolerate in my love life.

Im "think" im in love with a ENFP...and he's driving me mad...so non committal... doesnt follow thru...flacky...I'll tell how he got me hooked...compliments,sensitivity, sob stories,spending the time to write,talking about feelings,kindness,humor,wackiness,origionality,intelligence APPRECIATION.....sigh...hooked but trying to jump off...to top it off I think hes Bi....What staright guy says magical? LOL

I actually don't know how.
I was hoping y'all would help me figure out the perfect INFJ trap.

If its the right woman, she can trap me with a wink and a smile. If I don't wanna be trapped and I smell a trap, come hell or high water I'm not gonna be contained.