How to trap an INFJ. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to trap an INFJ.

Totally do not want. Especially being trapped with an ENTP god help me. The more I learn about ENTPs the less I can like about them.

*shock*
Stab to the heart!
I am... unloved.....
:m074:

Actually, you'd probably like an ENTP if you met one in real life.
We're one of those ideas that look awful on paper, but work surprisingly well in real life.

:m096:

I used to think I didn't mix well with ENTP's, until I realised that 3 of my good friends are ENTP's. They drive me nuts sometimes, but they will listen when I get frusterated. I actually can get along well with this type. When they are undeveloped as a type (and I have met these kinds of people), they really don't do much more then make me want to walk away. When I have to actually deal with them is when I have an issue.

Just tell them that you're into MBTI, and want to analyze INFJs. If they don't know what it is, tell them. If after telling them what it is, they're interested in it themselves, they're likely INFJs (or at least another N type).

No need to trap them. I like being analyzed, and I think other INFJs do as well.

Question I forgot to ask: Where do INFJs tend to appear?

On Route 42, but only in the Blue version.

Do you get that joke? ;)

Reactions: Phoenix Down
No need to trap them. I like being analyzed, and I think other INFJs do as well.
No, I don't really. Analysis isn't usually done politely by laymen. Kinda feels like they are judging me based on not myself but some archetype they read about.

No, I don't really. Analysis isn't usually done politely by laymen. Kinda feels like they are judging me based on not myself but some archetype they read about.

Same here I don't like being put under a microscope like some weird curiosity.

That's probably your Fi talking. I usually expect to be judged on some kind of archetype, regardless of what they've read about. They could judge me for being white, for having brown hair, for being an American, for having poor parents, for my astrological sign, for having rich parents... etc.

Compared to those kind of judgments, being analyzed in terms of your MBTI type is quite welcome. The people who don't analyze personality are likely to just make assumptions based on your appearance.

That's probably your Fi talking. I usually expect to be judged on some kind of archetype, regardless of what they've read about. They could judge me for being white, for having brown hair, for being an American, for having poor parents, for my astrological sign, for having rich parents... etc.

Compared to those kind of judgments, being analyzed in terms of your MBTI type is quite welcome. The people who don't analyze personality are likely to just make assumptions based on your appearance.
Well, assumptions are one thing, but analysis is usually about finding out your deep seated personality flaws, and having my skull pried open and me stripped naked, uhg, no thanks. I've had psyche majors as friends, never fun. Course they don't like it when you point out a trait in them and then they usually stop XD.

Well, assumptions are one thing, but analysis is usually about finding out your deep seated personality flaws, and having my skull pried open and me stripped naked, uhg, no thanks. I've had psyche majors as friends, never fun. Course they don't like it when you point out a trait in them and then they usually stop XD.

Oh don't worry... I'm not that invasive. My goal is only to be able to type a person within a few minutes of meeting them.

Here is how an ENTP could potentially trap me and win me over quickly. Keep in mind I am gay, but I think this could apply to any pair up.

First would be direct eye contact, and a sort of "Stare" from afar. Assuming I was physically attracted to him, I would reciprocate breifly, then look away, then attemt to look back without "looking". Then he would the approach, simply walking up to me and starting a conversation on pretty much any kind of topic (really, anything. Well ok not anything, nothing controversial or profane). Use that confidant, "I like you" charm. It's the boldness and sureness of getting what you want, but at the same time leaving all the options open at the same time. Then within 5 to 10 minutes ask "I like you, let's go somewhere...", then go somewhere. Anywhere. Have fun.

This won't work all the time. And this is leaving out all of the subtle details of body language and gentleness (but firm/boldness) of approach. It's also assuming I am equally interested. If I go with the flow of your Ne, then I likely am. If I try to deflect things, I am not interested.

It's kind of ridiculous how much I agree with this. One thing to add though-- A genuine compliment is nice... I never know how to gracefully accept a compliment because I'm not too confidant, but I never forget a good one. It's so nice when someone recognizes something that is unique to me, or an aspect of my appearance that I spend a lot of time on.

Making the first move is I think essential (in most cases).

And I think this would definitely work in platonic cases, as long as you make your intentions clear

Oh don't worry... I'm not that invasive. My goal is only to be able to type a person within a few minutes of meeting them.
HAH!
I mean...
Yes this is entirely possible to do with great accuracy :p (I tease).

Thats good though. I know Chaz is pretty good at typing people just from a general description, and he got most of his family pegged so I can see it. Just I wonder if you can ever find one out in the open.
Tell us when you get one.

I dont think there is a way really to "trap" an INFJ, if they dont want you, you cant get them.

I dont think there is a way really to "trap" an INFJ, if they dont want you, you cant get them.

Good point. ENTP simply refuse to acknowledge that they can't have what they want.

Part of the problem is ENTP's don't seem to care what their conquest thinks as long as the ENTP is happy. The partner is just expected to the feel the say way. I see an ENTP draining an INFJ dry of everything they have to give and simply moving on.

Reactions: Odyne
Though we can be so complicated sometimes that what we don't like ends up being what we crave and visa versa. So how about "trick"? I think we can be tricked, strong Ni or not. Even with a little voices saying no there's another one going YES.

I dare say again, take a bunch of pictures as the INFJ reads in the park and be totally in your face and overly excited about the whole thing.

[MENTION=630]Blind Bandit[/MENTION] Woo-oooow.
So you're a typist, huh. And not the keyboard kind. =p

Good point. ENTP simply refuse to acknowledge that they can't have what they want.

I frequently don't get what I want. And I'm ok with that, because I'm a P - so I don't really have any "grand plan" to start with, generally. What do you think I "want"? Heck, I don't even know what I want.

I see an ENTP draining an INFJ dry of everything they have to give and simply moving on.

Personally I prefer relationships with other T types, but this makes me curious. What do INFJs have to give that I'd suck 'em dry of?
(Shai Gar, no comments).

Part of the problem is ENTP's don't seem to care what their conquest thinks as long as the ENTP is happy. The partner is just expected to the feel the say way.

I'm usually the more honest, upfront, and loyal person in every relationship I've ever been in.
"Conquest" am I a Viking now? If I am happy in a relationship, and my partner isn't, it's their responsibility to tell me they are unhappy and what is wrong so that we can fix it together, otherwise they are just being a passive-aggressive schmuck.

At the end of the day I think we've all learned a valuable lesson:

If you are an ENTP, you are a Viking Vampire.
And that's just sexy.

Attachments

• the-viking-vampire-eric-northman-2914488-1024-653.jpg
    the-viking-vampire-eric-northman-2914488-1024-653.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Odyne
I also want to know how to zero in on an INFJ. I am the only NFJ in my social circle, and I'd love to meet up with some homies. <3

Hell, I don't even know how to recognize NF types. I am always surrounded bu either SFs or STs.

I also want to know how to zero in on an INFJ. I am the only NFJ in my social circle, and I'd love to meet up with some homies. <3

Hell, I don't even know how to recognize NF types. I am always surrounded bu either SFs or STs.
Hmm, well is it really a problem of not spotting them or more just of them not being available to you? An INFJ probably won't open up to you too soon either. Btw, did you test those SF's or ST? If not, you had to have noticed their S-ness, focus on that and think of what the differences would be in them if they we Ni. Ni and Se are wildly different, but Si and Ni would be tricky spotting. An Si will be more stuck on step-by-step approaches at work, and Ni, once accustomed to a task, will freely get things done all out of order depending upon what they feel like they should tackle next.
Also, dreamy-ness. Not sure I can describe this, but a habit of daydreaming and appearing to be focused on something in the far distance for a long moment before responding to the real world again, tends to happen.

My plan is to lure them in rl with pies and puppies. I cannot fake puppy-dog eyes, but I can bring a real puppy.

I will set up elaborate traps in libraries and music festivals around the country.
All who fall into them will be given MBTI tests in order to get out.
All who are not INFJ will be released back into the wild.
As far as I can tell, my plan is fool-proof.

As for distinguishing between S & N types, you might want to think about how they ways you process information is different than your friends.
Look for the people around you who seem to process information in a similar manner. E/I can be fairly easy to distinguish, although the F/T P/J can be difficult if you haven't known the person very long. In general, as you are an NFJ yourself I'd just try to ind people who are interested in the same things you are interested in which your other friends aren't at least a few of these people may be INFJ.