How do you feel about flirting | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about flirting

They're also easier targets... er... easier to approach. ;)
haha :-D

sometimes i think
i just like how they behave

there was a French guy where i used to live
and he was very hard-to-get ..always kept to himself, doesn't tell you anything if you ask
but you break down the walls eventually...
he blushes very easily. too charming

I remember las summer I was trying to flirt with a guy by making eye contact with him, he stared back at me and we looked at each other for a long time, then he caught up with his friend (they were walking) and said that I was checking him out, then I quickly looked away, I was really embarassed, I couldn't tell whether that was a good sign or a bad sign.

Eurgh...flirting...I never know what I'm supposed to say. It depends for me on the situation. If I really like someone I tend to just try and make them laugh and maybe make a point of inviting them to things to show I'm interested. If I just want to make a move on a stranger in a bar and I'm not bothered about a relationship I'll just go right up and say "I'm shit at flirting, I'm here to come on to you, it's up to you whether you join in". Oddly, this works (well, it serves it's purpose...) but I always feel horrible after one night stands so I haven't done anything like that for a while.

Maybe I should try this, lol, though I'm usually really shy.

Last edited:
You looked away, because you did not want him to spread this message: You both are looking each other. And you consider yourself as a good girl, you must not wanting everyone pry into you, when you will fall in love with true personality.

I looked away more out of embarassment.

Why did you tell others? Only we both were watching each other, how come the other person?

I guess, this must be running in your mind.

I've always kind of felt like the point to most people was to test the other person out, see how much they liked you. I didn't need flirting to figure this out.

Yeah, I usually know whether or not I like someone pretty quickly, so flirting is an outgrowth of that feeling, rather than the feeling a response to the flirting.

People tend to think I'm flirting when I'm not so it comes across that I'm flirting with all the people I don't intend to be flirting with. I'll just be comfortably teasing someone to death and then people will ask me later whether I'm interested in that person. Nope... they're just fun to tease, I have no such grace when it comes to people I actually like.

whenever I have found myself attracted to someone, I usually try and get out of the room...

when someone is flirting with me, I usually end up shutting them down with my awkwardness so then it just feels like loose loose.

Flirting's hard :m130:
me too! :eek:

In general, I feel uncomfortable flirting. However, there are some guys with whom I enjoy to flirt, but they are really rare.

Flirting if you're single and have any intentions with the ones you are flirting with, goody, anything beyond that I', very much against

IRL, I can never tell for sure if someone is flirting with me - if I suspect it, I'll usually just write it off as my imagination.

"Assume the worst so I won't be disappointed by reality" - that's what I used to tell myself, but honestly I think it's much easier to give in to that defeatist mentality.

This is exactly how I think . . . unfortunately.

So, I'm not a good flirt. I get a bit caught up in the easiness of it, and find myself going a bit too far, beyond what the other person may feel comfortable with (nothing physical of course). I get carried away a little bit. I guess it's really about striking a balance. It's very easy to turn someone off when you overdo it. But it's not always easy to know when it's too much or too little. I don't know. I guess it depends on the person and the situation. (I'm pretty transparent/clueless about these things.) I probably wouldn't know unless someone told me.

I guess, you live, you learn . . . and then get Luvs. (I'm sorry I just had to throw that in there). Ha.

Reactions: Wyst
So, I'm not a good flirt. I get a bit caught up in the easiness of it, and find myself going a bit too far, beyond what the other person may feel comfortable with (nothing physical of course). I get carried away a little bit. I guess it's really about striking a balance. It's very easy to turn someone off when you overdo it. But it's not always easy to know when it's too much or too little. I don't know. I guess it depends on the person and the situation. (I'm pretty transparent/clueless about these things.) I probably wouldn't know unless someone told me.

I guess, you live, you learn . . . and then get Luvs. (I'm sorry I just had to throw that in there). Ha.

Said perfectly, including the ending. LOL

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. There's black and white. No gray. (grey??!)

Anyway... if I'm not committed to the idea of pursuing a girl, I will feel uber-guilty for playing the the girl's feelings while I'm fulling aware that I'm not really serious about her at all.

For me, there is no flirting. If I am "flirting", I'm in all-out pursuit mode and that entails a level of committment that, I think, isn't included in what most people think of as "flirting".

Flirting is for ENFPs. Oh damn... I'm interested in an ENFP right now... :m194:
Now what....

How am I with flirting?...terrible. Despite my usually good ability to see right through a person and their intentions, unless a girl beats me over the head, i do not pick up on subtle flirting and often leave girls feeling awkward and rejected when that was NOT the case. Only when my friends tell me that she could not have been more obvious do I finally get it.

Me flirting? Bad. I'm not self-conscious, not self aware, and I have NO lack of confidence, which are all problems in self preservation. Since i feel at ease in most situations i come on very strong right away, with no subtly. i figure that if im feeling it, she must be feeling it, and why not just put it all out there. i usually go straight to dry humping. problem is i dont pick the girls that are into me, and dont even notice the ones that are.

throw in the total inability for small talk, complete obliviousness for what's going on in pop culture, and only wanting to talk about intellectual BS all the time, and you can see the problem here.

I have a dirty sense of humor, it comes in handy when flirting.

People tend to mistake my naughtiness for actual interest.

I am what you would call a tease.

:m122:

:mf: gosh someone figured me out!! BUSTED!!

Flirting is for ENFPs. Oh damn... I'm interested in an ENFP right now... :m194:
Now what....

LOL. They are FLIRTS and claim they are being FRIENDLY!!

How am I with flirting?...terrible. Despite my usually good ability to see right through a person and their intentions, unless a girl beats me over the head, i do not pick up on subtle flirting and often leave girls feeling awkward and rejected when that was NOT the case. Only when my friends tell me that she could not have been more obvious do I finally get it.

Me flirting? Bad. I'm not self-conscious, not self aware, and I have NO lack of confidence, which are all problems in self preservation. Since i feel at ease in most situations i come on very strong right away, with no subtly. i figure that if im feeling it, she must be feeling it, and why not just put it all out there. i usually go straight to dry humping. problem is i dont pick the girls that are into me, and dont even notice the ones that are.

throw in the total inability for small talk, complete obliviousness for what's going on in pop culture, and only wanting to talk about intellectual BS all the time, and you can see the problem here.

This sounds terribly familiar. Instead of going straight for the dry-hump, try touching her in a few different places and gauge how she likes it.

:) I was kidding about the dry humping, but I'll try the "touch her in a few places to gauge how she likes it". What's the worst that could happen, arrest and banishment from the city?