How do you envision your wedding? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you envision your wedding?

At my reception I will have K-nex sets from the Amusement part Series on each table as the arrangements and the 6-foot Ferris wheel as the centerpiece of the room.All the sets have motors too so they will be spinning and moving throughout the event...

I hate the thought of a wedding...

My wedding was ok except my veil caught on fire when I blew out the candle that I was holding, my dad knocked the wedding cake off the display table by accident and my MC had just gone thru an unsuccsessful cataract eye surgery...

We got divorced 10 and a hlaf yrs later, lol

Awww haha I'm sorry Tia, sound tragic but perhaps you can look back at that and laugh? :)

Simple and small. I think the big fuss over weddings is getting a bit out of hand. People are inviting people to their wedding just for the gift (only rude people expect gifts from guests). People are spending tens of thousands of dollars when they can't even afford a house.

:O Omg thats just horrendous :| I don't think a wedding has to be expensive to be graceful and soulful (if that is what one wants it to be, that is).

I think all this consumerism has a tendency to take away from the real point a wedding - having your friends and family with you to celebrate the beginning of new chapter in your lives. Who cares if the bridesmaids are wearing the same color? Or if the table settings are just right? Or how much the ring cost?

My aunt's wedding was a BBQ in the backyard. I like that kind of idea.

Aww I think that sounds like an awesome wedding to be honest. Its all about the couple's character I guess.

Maybe by an ocean..

Something beautiful..
Summer weather, daylight, probably around noon

I haven't thought about this much yet.

How do you envision your wedding Pristine? :)

Aww I definetly want natures mesmerizing presence at my wedding too!
I want it to be pretty, and pristine, NO stress or weddingzilla at all!!

I would like to have it in some religious institution first but I'm not sure where I stand on those matters. Either way, I want to have pristine decorations. I'd like to incorporate, silk, sparkles, candles, pink petals, candles and knick knacks somehow xD Then I would like to go to one of these.

Well I have an exact vision of what I want my dress to look like; its a white one, that is abit low cut in the back with a big bow! I also wany long white silk gloves and an elegant hat :)

That is if I have the means to do it. I would even marry on a rye field!

Last edited:
My wedding was not fun for me! It was quite pretty and traditional and all that, but....Too many relatives arguing, people criticizing every moral/social/personal/inconsequential choice I made, critiques of every aspect of my person... (why they care is beyond me) my mother trying her hardest to live vicariously through me.... in-laws informing me I was already a "common law" wife, with the same tone of voice they would've used to say I was a leper... The unshakeable knowledge, because several people told me, that I was letting people down for being the wrong religion, the wrong age, the wrong hair color, the wrong bra size, too spoiled, too low-brow, you name it, they didn't like it. The stuff of every girl's dreams. (NOT.)

To be brutally honest, and perhaps ungrateful, I had a wedding for other people mostly, and I hope they enjoyed it because I did not. There were certainly some people who were loving and supportive, but many were highly critical and intrusive and demanding.

If I had it to do over again, I would skip straight to the honeymoon (now that was fun!) and mail out announcements from, say, a hut in Bali or somewhere beautiful and tropical. I might invite a few select friends for a party maybe. (In Bali? Why not.) But if I had it to do over again it would be E L O P E, baby! Spend the money on a really awesome honeymoon, or if you want to be sensible, a down payment on a house.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Hmmm- I had a traditional wedding first time, church, reception, complete with drunk relatives. 2nd time, wedding in the city garden greenhouse with Unitarian minister, backyard BBQ reception complete with drunken relatives, and female best man of my now ex-husband.

Different weddings, same result.

Though I doubt there will be a third wedding, I would like to exchange our vows in private, like in a pretty garden or deep in a forest or a deserted island, then sign papers in front of an official registrar for weddings. Then announce said joining of spirits by EMAIL.
Hehe.

Though I doubt there will be a third wedding, I would like to exchange our vows in private, like in a pretty garden or deep in a forest or a deserted island, then sign papers in front of an official registrar for weddings. Then announce said joining of spirits by EMAIL.
Hehe.

You too! You say email, I say text message.

Awww haha I'm sorry Tia, sound tragic but perhaps you can look back at that and laugh? :)

Yes indeed I have looked back and chuckled, altho it was an unhappy 10 and a half yr long marriage so I usually just block it all out as much as possible.

I got my two beautiful daughters from it, they were the only plus and that is all I need to know now. Regrets are futile.

:m179::m146:

Ahem.

Seriously, I have no idea. I had some ideas ages ago, but it doesn't mean a whole lot to me. A backyard campground with a big ol' tent and potluck picnics sounds ideal to me. A wedding outside in renaissance regalia would be fun, but who has money for that?

Shoot. I say let's do the JP and then have a party to celebrate. It might be the cheapest way.

Renassiance isn't that expensive:

http://www.texrenfest.com/weddings.html

I hate the thought of a wedding...

My wedding was ok except my veil caught on fire when I blew out the candle that I was holding, my dad knocked the wedding cake off the display table by accident and my MC had just gone thru an unsuccsessful cataract eye surgery...

We got divorced 10 and a hlaf yrs later, lol
I was married for 10 years also. I paid for my own wedding for a total of $1,500 I put on my credit card. I loved my dress, but was embarrassed when everyone laughed at the wedding kiss. I still have the dress and have never quite figured out what you do with a wedding dress from a marriage that ends.

I don't know I could ever have another wedding. I want to spend my life with my love, but am pretty jaded on marriage since I saw it bring unhappiness and all sorts of expectations from external people. The implicit social pressures are intense and you don't realize it until you can't fit the expectations.

I like the fantasy of being married in an Irish castle, but don't know if I could embrace that in reality. If I marry again it will be for practical reasons like getting health coverage. I spend my life with someone for love, but would marry only for pragmatic reasons.

Last edited:
Blood, bombs, screaming and a lot of jews.

Oh wait WEDDING?

No.
Absolutely not, I'm no religious traditionalist.

I was married for 10 years also. I paid for my own wedding for a total of $1,500 I put on my credit card. I loved my dress, but was embarrassed when everyone laughed at the wedding kiss. I still have the dress and have never quite figured out what you do with a wedding dress from a marriage that ends.

I don't know I could ever have another wedding. I want to spend my life with my love, but am pretty jaded on marriage since I saw it bring unhappiness and all sorts of expectations from external people. The implicit social pressures are intense and you don't realize it until you can't fit the expectations.

I like the fantasy of being married in an Irish castle, but don't know if I could embrace that in reality. If I marry again it will be for practical reasons like getting health coverage. I spend my life with someone for love, but would marry only for pragmatic reasons.

Aww Julia.. I have never ever thought about what to do with a dress when it ends :| I just wish I could help you. It is so tragic to see good people become bitter after divorce :( :hug:

Aww Julia.. I have never ever thought about what to do with a dress when it ends :| I just wish I could help you. It is so tragic to see good people become bitter after divorce :( :hug:
You are very sweet. I feel badly to post a negative in your thread. I can say, though, that I'm not as bitter as it might sound because I am not bitter towards falling in love, but am wary of imposing the external "institution of marriage" with its expectations onto a relationship instead of starting with the two people and defining the connection based on the specific people. In some cases that might be marriage.

Last edited:
You are very sweet. I feel badly to post a negative in your thread. I can say, though, that I'm not as bitter as it might sound because I am not bitter towards falling in love, but am wary of imposing the external "institution of marriage" with its expectations onto a relationship instead of starting with the two people and defining the connection based on the specific people. In some cases that might be marriage.

Ohh no Julia, don't feel bad at all. Of course you can post bad experiences too!! I was not thinking that you were bitter Julia, it was more a general statement because I've seen so many loose faith in Love.

Marriage is a beautiful thing, very personal as well as mutual. If I understood you correctly then I agree :) I think one can declare marriage privately between two persons simply by defining it to one another! ^^

Oh wow yes thats expensive haha!! It seems so wonderful though

I could have either of these weddings:

- A traditional wedding (as I described earlier)
- A renaisance wedding
- A nature-centered wedding

Even a spontaneous wedding in Vegas appeals to me abit haha, but I probably wouldn't have it be the 'serious' one xD

Last edited:
Wedding eh?

If I find the perfect match, I won't get married. It's an unnecessary waste of money and time, that could be spent elsewhere.

If I however change my mind it will be a small inexpensive wedding.

What if I meet someone who has dreamed about their dream wedding since they were a child? Simple, I would never get together with such a person, as I can do without a girl who's greatest ambition is to have a grand wedding so she can be the center of attention for a day and get a lot of useless china.

Wedding is nice to illustrate how much you love and trust your partner and so on, but I would want to be in a relationship where such "gestures" are unnecessary

Why did they laugh at the wedding kiss? :(